|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(a) Washington, DC.
(d) Mexico City.
2. How long did Eleanor's trip to the Soviet Union last, in 1957?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
4. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
5. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) Franklin was a big eater.
(b) She never knew who would show up.
(c) She had a fear of running out of food.
(d) She liked to shop the sales.
6. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
(a) The Atlantic Charter.
(c) Their family history.
(d) Germany and Hitler.
7. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
(a) A library.
(b) A gymnasium.
(c) An art museum.
(d) The Roosevelt's new home.
8. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(a) Georgy Malenkov.
9. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
10. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) His son, Franklin, Jr.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Adlai Stevenson.
11. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fourteen years.
12. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(c) St. Petersburg.
13. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
14. What did Franklin die of?
(a) Liver failure.
(b) A diabetic attack.
(c) A brain hemorrhage.
15. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) The President.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Other Westerners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
2. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
3. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
4. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
5. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)