|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) The king of England.
(d) Prince Charles.
2. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The French.
(c) The Cubans.
3. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
(a) He wanted to have control over the others.
(b) He fell ill at the last minute.
(c) Because the war worsened and he was not able to go.
(d) Because he didn't agree with Madame Chiang.
4. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
5. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Junior League.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) The YWCA.
6. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She had a fear of running out of food.
(b) She liked to shop the sales.
(c) Franklin was a big eater.
(d) She never knew who would show up.
7. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
8. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
(a) Kind and generous people.
(b) Excessive wealth.
(c) A strong sense of culture.
(d) Poor health and poverty.
9. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) President and Mrs. Truman.
(c) Her children.
(d) No one.
10. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
(b) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
(c) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
(d) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
11. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
(c) Franklin, Jr.
(d) Eleanor's mother.
12. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, DC.
13. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
(a) Khakis and a white shirt.
(b) Civilian clothes.
(c) A fancy dress.
(d) A uniform.
14. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
15. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
2. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
3. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
4. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
5. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)