|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Homeless shelters.
(b) Youth organizations.
(c) Job programs.
(d) Mental health.
2. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) The birth of a child.
(b) A meeting with Churchill.
(c) The Yalta conference.
(d) His mother's death.
3. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
4. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
(a) She read a lot.
(b) It was Franklin's wish.
(c) She developed a close friendship with a Russian woman.
(d) Her work with refugees.
5. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Adlai Stevenson's
(b) Woodrow Wilson's.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(d) Franklin, Jr's.
6. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Franklin's parents.
(c) James and his fiancée.
(d) Anna and her daughter.
7. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in early 1945?
(a) He needed more naps.
(b) He wanted to talk more.
(c) He stayed up late at night.
(d) He was more irritable.
8. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(d) South Korea.
9. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
(a) The impending war.
(b) The numbers of casualties.
(c) De Gaulle.
10. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(c) South African.
11. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(b) The transition from colonization to independence.
(d) The leaders of the country.
12. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
(a) Seeing poor sanitation.
(b) Being away from Franklin.
(c) Visiting the hospitals.
(d) Realizing how little mental health care people receive.
13. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(a) Georgy Malenkov.
14. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
(b) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
(c) Just the food and music.
(d) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
15. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He was in poor health.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was in a coma.
(d) He fainted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
2. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
3. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
4. How long did Eleanor's trip to the Soviet Union last, in 1957?
5. Which of the following countries separated from India?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)