|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(a) Mexico City.
(c) Washington, DC.
2. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
(a) The consul general.
(b) The French ambassador.
(c) The queen of England.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
4. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Eleanor does not say.
(b) Indira Gandhi.
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan.
5. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
(b) Franklin, Jr.
(c) Eleanor's mother.
6. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Job programs.
(b) Mental health.
(c) Youth organizations.
(d) Homeless shelters.
7. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) The American ambassador.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) The queen.
8. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(b) South African.
9. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) Peace and Reconciliation.
(b) Human Rights.
(c) Equal Opportunity.
(d) International Justice.
10. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Putting her children to bed.
(c) Hosting a luncheon.
(d) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
11. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) Her housekeeper.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) She heard it on the radio.
(d) An usher.
12. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) She doesn't see any difference.
(d) She is impressed.
13. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She liked to shop the sales.
(b) Franklin was a big eater.
(c) She never knew who would show up.
(d) She had a fear of running out of food.
14. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
15. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
(a) Khakis and a white shirt.
(b) A fancy dress.
(c) A uniform.
(d) Civilian clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
2. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
3. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
4. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
5. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)