|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
(a) Visiting the hospitals.
(b) Realizing how little mental health care people receive.
(c) Seeing poor sanitation.
(d) Being away from Franklin.
2. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
3. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
4. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
(b) Just the food and music.
(c) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
(d) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
5. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
6. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
(a) She kept it and rented it out.
(b) An organization for poor people.
(c) The government.
(d) Her son and his family.
7. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) The Yalta conference.
(c) A meeting with Churchill.
(d) The birth of a child.
8. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Fourteen years.
9. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) James and his fiancée.
(c) Franklin's parents.
(d) Anna and her daughter.
10. What was Eleanor's primary interest after she visited the Soviet Union in 1958?
(a) Single mothers.
(b) Older adults with serious illnesses.
(d) Emotionally disturbed children.
11. Where is Franklin buried?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) Hyde Park.
12. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
(b) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
(c) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
(d) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
13. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(d) South Korea.
14. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He was in poor health.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He fainted.
(d) He was in a coma.
15. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
2. Where did Eleanor take the king and queen of Greece?
3. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
4. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
5. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)