|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
(a) Her work on the Peace and Reconciliation Committee.
(b) Her work on the International Justice Committee.
(c) Her work on the Human Rights Committee.
(d) Her work on the Equal Opportunity Committee.
2. Which of the following countries separated from India?
3. Where did Eleanor take the king and queen of Greece?
(a) Her childhood home.
(b) A department store.
(c) A firehouse.
(d) Out for hot dogs.
4. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They were very religious.
(b) They liked to celebrate life.
(c) They were hard workers.
(d) They were idle.
5. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) Anna and her daughter.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Franklin's parents.
(d) James and his fiancée.
6. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
7. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
(a) Yes, but kept it a secret from Eleanor.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) No, and he made it very clear.
(d) She doesn't think so.
8. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
9. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
(a) The University of London.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) In an old mansion.
10. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He was in a coma.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He fainted.
(d) He was in poor health.
11. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(a) The king of England.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Prince Charles.
12. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(c) The transition from colonization to independence.
(d) The leaders of the country.
13. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
14. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Job programs.
(b) Homeless shelters.
(c) Youth organizations.
(d) Mental health.
15. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
(a) An organization for poor people.
(b) The government.
(c) Her son and his family.
(d) She kept it and rented it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
2. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
3. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
4. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
5. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)