|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
(b) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
(c) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
(d) Just the food and music.
2. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Indira Gandhi.
(c) Eleanor does not say.
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan.
3. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) In an old mansion.
(c) The University of London.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Hosting a luncheon.
(b) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
(c) Folding laundry.
(d) Putting her children to bed.
5. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
6. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
7. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(a) Georgy Malenkov.
8. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The Junior League.
(b) The YWCA.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) The United Nations.
9. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) The birth of a child.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) The Yalta conference.
(d) A meeting with Churchill.
10. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(c) St. Petersburg.
11. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
12. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Mental health.
(b) Youth organizations.
(c) Job programs.
(d) Homeless shelters.
13. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(a) South Korea.
14. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
15. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
(a) Germany and Hitler.
(b) Their family history.
(d) The Atlantic Charter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
2. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
3. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
4. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
5. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)