|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eleanor when Franklin proposed to her?
2. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
(a) Franklin was nominated for vice president.
(b) Woodrow Wilson was elected president.
(c) Franklin fell ill.
(d) A meeting with European forces.
3. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Worked in radio.
(b) Took care of her oldest children.
(c) Nursed Franklin back to health.
(d) Wrote in a journal.
4. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(b) New York.
(d) South Africa.
5. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her grandparents.
(d) Her mother.
6. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(a) Alfred Smith.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
7. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fancy coat.
(d) A sunshade.
8. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He was a gambler.
(d) He was too generous.
9. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
10. How did Eleanor feel in public situations in the early part of her marriage?
(a) Shy and anxious.
(b) Like she is the ruler of the world.
11. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
12. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Decided to run for president.
(b) Spent more time with his family.
(c) Started an accounting practice.
(d) Formed a law firm.
13. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) Extended family moved there.
(b) Because of Franklin's health.
(c) It was a new tourist attraction.
(d) It had fun places to vacation.
14. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
(a) At home.
(b) The Visitor's Gallery.
(c) At Campobello.
15. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Learning how to be a social worker.
(b) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
(c) Caring for their children.
(d) A lecture tour in the US.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which politician did Franklin support?
2. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
3. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
4. Where did Franklin attend law school?
5. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)