|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
(a) There was no television.
(b) She was plain.
(c) She always wore a disguise.
(d) She prohibited anyone from taking pictures of her.
2. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(b) Franklin, Jr.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) Her first son.
(b) All of them.
(c) Her youngest.
(d) Her oldest daughter.
4. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
(b) At home.
(c) At Campobello.
(d) The Visitor's Gallery.
5. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(c) He had a bad fall.
(d) He was elected vice president.
6. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
7. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
8. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(b) South Africa.
(c) New York.
9. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(d) It is not said.
10. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
(a) The people were very rude.
(b) It was a rich man's paradise.
(c) The residents lived quite comfortably.
(d) There were horrible living conditions.
11. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Dorothea Dix.
(b) Jane Addams.
(c) Elizabeth Read.
(d) Gloria Steinem.
12. How did the social structure in Washington change after the war began?
(a) There was the same number of gatherings, but conversations were altered.
(b) There were more gatherings.
(c) There was no change.
(d) There were no more social calls.
13. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
(a) French lessons.
(b) Dancing lessons.
(c) Sewing lessons.
(d) Sports lessons.
14. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
(b) Eleanor fell ill.
(c) Franklin broke his leg.
(d) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
15. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
(a) Education ambassador.
(b) Assistant secretary of the navy.
(d) Vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which politician did Franklin support?
2. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
3. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
4. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
5. What year was the Armistice signed?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)