|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Wrote in a journal.
(b) Worked in radio.
(c) Took care of her oldest children.
(d) Nursed Franklin back to health.
2. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
(a) Her children.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her mother.
3. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
4. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
5. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
(a) She enjoyed it.
(b) She felt more relaxed.
(c) She had panic attacks.
(d) She did not like it.
6. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
7. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(b) He was elected vice president.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He had a bad fall.
8. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He was too generous.
(c) He was a politician.
(d) He was a gambler.
9. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend the summer with Franklin's family?
10. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) The Junior League.
(c) A law office.
(d) An elementary school.
11. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
(a) The Visitor's Gallery.
(b) At home.
(c) At Campobello.
12. Did Eleanor actively campaign in Franklin's campaign for re-election in 1936?
(b) Yes, but just did administerial work.
(c) Yes, she was the director.
(d) It is not said.
13. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(b) The Camaraderie Policy.
(c) The Ambassadorial Policy.
(d) The Good Friends Policy.
14. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Formed a law firm.
(b) Decided to run for president.
(c) Spent more time with his family.
(d) Started an accounting practice.
15. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(a) State senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
2. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
3. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
4. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
5. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)