|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
(a) At home.
(b) At Franklin's mother's home.
(c) At political events.
(d) At the theatre.
2. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(a) The Democratic Convention.
(c) New York City.
(d) Warm Springs.
3. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
(a) The WWI battlefields.
(b) The queen of England.
(c) Art museums.
4. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(b) The Junior League.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) A law office.
5. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(a) On vacation in the Caribbean.
(c) New York.
(d) At home.
6. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) The World's Fair.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) The Republican Caucus.
7. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) It was a new tourist attraction.
(b) Extended family moved there.
(c) Because of Franklin's health.
(d) It had fun places to vacation.
8. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
9. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(c) He was elected vice president.
(d) He had a bad fall.
10. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
(a) She did not like it.
(b) She enjoyed it.
(c) She felt more relaxed.
(d) She had panic attacks.
11. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
(a) A dance.
(b) A drink.
(c) An uninterrupted meal.
(d) A date night out.
12. What position did Eleanor take on WWI?
(a) She didn't have an opinion.
(b) She was a pacifist.
(c) She was a freedom fighter.
(d) She supported all men going to war.
13. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Decided to run for president.
(b) Spent more time with his family.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Started an accounting practice.
14. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(d) State senator.
15. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Better Homes and Gardens.
(b) Woman's Day.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Woman's Home Companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Anna when she was sent to boarding school?
2. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
3. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
5. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)