|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
(c) Lake Michigan.
2. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
(a) Woodrow Wilson was elected president.
(b) Franklin was nominated for vice president.
(c) Franklin fell ill.
(d) A meeting with European forces.
4. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(b) State senator.
5. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) The Republican Caucus.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) The World's Fair.
6. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
7. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
(a) Grandmother Hall.
(b) Foster parents.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her father.
8. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
(d) The Philippines.
9. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
(a) Her children.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandparents.
10. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(b) Franklin, Jr.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
11. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
12. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(b) Franklin's mother.
(c) Aunt Bye.
(d) A housekeeper.
13. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
(b) Learning how to be a social worker.
(c) A lecture tour in the US.
(d) Caring for their children.
14. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(a) Braces and crutches.
(d) Eleanor's arm.
15. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) It had fun places to vacation.
(b) Because of Franklin's health.
(c) It was a new tourist attraction.
(d) Extended family moved there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
2. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
3. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
4. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
5. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)