|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Orli Reichert imprisoned?
2. What was Taube's SS rank at Auschwitz?
3. What did Sara say hurt her the most when she arrived at Stutthof?
4. What did Lisette's husband decided to do after arriving at Auschwitz?
5. Who did Cyla claim to have put in the gas chamber?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cyla change after her time with Taube?
2. What happened to the bodies of those who committed suicide according to Sarah?
3. Who was Orli Reichert according to Sara in Chapter 9?
4. What happened when Sara was in the infirmary in Chapter 8?
5. Who did Sara say Orli Reichert saved in Chapter 10?
6. What did Sara say about the term Auschwitz in Chapter 18?
7. How did Sara differentiate between group of Jews present in Auschwitz?
8. What did Sara find out about Natasha and what happened the following day?
9. What did Sara say of the family of midgets brought to Auschwitz?
10. What did Sara say Mengele decided to create in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In January 1945, those imprisoned at Auschwitz were forced on a death march to Ravensbruck, a concentration camp located in Eastern Germany. Those who could not keep up or were ill were shot. Examine the significance and purpose of the death march, using the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Irena, an actress from Poland, encouraged the women to try to get some joy out of life and organized dances for the women in Auschwitz. Discuss the ways women spent their time if they were not working under forced labor and compare this to the way in which men spent their time. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
One day, one hundred rabbis were brought to Auschwitz and were dressed in ceremonial garbs. They spread out into a circle and danced, then started to sing a prayer, known as the Kol Nidrei. Students should discuss the significance of their actions and analyze why Sara decided to include the rabbis in her book.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)