|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Karola's job in Auschwitz?
(d) Block elder.
2. What were the names of the two women that enforced SS rules?
(a) Bubi and Cyla.
(b) Mrs. Helena and Masha.
(c) Marusia and Mila.
(d) Sara and Mila.
3. When did Sara become a zugang?
(a) January 13, 1944.
(b) January 25, 1944.
(c) January 13, 1945.
(d) January 3, 1944.
4. Where did Sonia come from according to Sara?
(c) Ural Mountains.
5. What happened to Lisette after the success of the group led by her husband?
(a) She told on her husband.
(b) She was killed by a soldier.
(c) She commited suicide.
(d) She escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sara say assembled the women at the start of Chapter 13?
2. When was the worst time in Auschwitz according to Sara in Chapter 19?
3. Why did the Jews let themselves be rounded up and taken away according to Sara?
4. How many people does Sara say had been killed by the end of the summer?
5. What did Sara say people in Auschwitz were drawn into in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Sara was in the infirmary in Chapter 8?
2. Why were the Germans delighted according to Sara during her trip to Auschwitz?
3. What did Sara say of the process of selection when new people arrived in Auschwitz?
4. Where was Sara lying at the start of Chapter 1 of "Auschwitz: True Tales from a Grotesque Land"?
5. What did Sara say about the term Auschwitz in Chapter 18?
6. Who was Natasha and what did she say to provoke Mengele?
7. Who was Lisette and why did she stop smiling in the summer of 1944?
8. What happened to the bodies of those who committed suicide according to Sarah?
9. How did Sara differentiate between group of Jews present in Auschwitz?
10. Why did Esther seek Sara out and what happened to Esther in Chapter 17?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)