|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of the two women working in the same position as Sara in Chapter 8?
(a) Rachel and Ada.
(b) Gubi and Sara.
(c) Mrs. Helena and Mila.
(d) Orli and Gubi.
2. What was Stutthof?
(a) A WWII concentration camp.
(b) A boot camp for German infantry.
(c) A town in Germany.
(d) A POW camp.
3. What was the name of the German lesbian prisoner Sara mentioned in Chapter 23?
4. Why were the women assembled at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) To know who stole food.
(b) To know who tried to kill a guard.
(c) To know who sent a complaint letter to Mengele.
(d) To know who tried to dig a tunnel.
5. Who is introduced at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) Sara Richmiyer.
(b) Orli Reichert.
(c) Olya Kovoskaya.
(d) Mrs. Helena.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Orli Reichert when she was imprisoned?
2. Who arrived at Auschwitz in the summer of 1944?
3. Why did Erika dislike Orli most according to Sara at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What did the doctor ask one midget and his normal sized wife?
5. How did the bread thief justify her crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara say of the process of selection when new people arrived in Auschwitz?
2. Where was Sara lying at the start of Chapter 1 of "Auschwitz: True Tales from a Grotesque Land"?
3. Why does Erika dislike Orli Reichert according to Sara in Chapter 11?
4. How did Cyla change after her time with Taube?
5. What did Sara say of the family of midgets brought to Auschwitz?
6. Who was Odette and why was her body hung near the gate of the camp in Chapter 16?
7. What did Sara say hurt her most of all in Chapter 1?
8. What was the worst time of Auschwitz according to Sara in Chapter 19?
9. What happened when Sara was in the infirmary in Chapter 8?
10. Why were the Germans delighted according to Sara during her trip to Auschwitz?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)