|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is introduced at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) Sara Richmiyer.
(b) Mrs. Helena.
(c) Orli Reichert.
(d) Olya Kovoskaya.
2. When did Sara lose track of Cyla?
(a) After her liberation.
(b) After a riot.
(c) When the prisoners were evacuated from Auschwitz.
(d) After a change of personnel at the camp.
3. Why was Orli Reichert imprisoned?
(a) She was Jewish.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was part of anti-Nazi organizations.
(d) She was lesbian.
4. What did Sara feel toward Cyla?
5. What did Taube appoint Cyla to?
(a) Leading Sara's block.
(b) Leading the infirmary block.
(c) Leading the death block.
(d) Leading block E.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the red triangle on Erika Schneider's arm mean?
2. What did Sara say Cyla did to other prisoners?
3. When was Stutthof opened?
4. Why does Sara say Lisette remained happy after arriving at Auschwitz?
5. Who does Sara say escaped during the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erika dislike Orli Reichert according to Sara in Chapter 11?
2. What scared Sara about roll call in Chapter 13?
3. Who was Lisette and why did she stop smiling in the summer of 1944?
4. What did Lisette's husband do in Chapter 15?
5. How did Sara differentiate between group of Jews present in Auschwitz?
6. Where was Sara lying at the start of Chapter 1 of "Auschwitz: True Tales from a Grotesque Land"?
7. Why did Esther seek Sara out and what happened to Esther in Chapter 17?
8. Who did Sara say Orli Reichert saved in Chapter 10?
9. Who was Sonia and why was she saddened?
10. What did Sarah say Mengele had the gypsy boy do in Chapter 21?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)