|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Editor say Sara represented in the book?
(a) The exterior influence.
(b) The traditional value system.
2. What does Sara say that she and the other women hoped for?
(a) That Mala would make it to the Russians.
(b) A quick death for Mala.
(c) Mala's capture.
(d) The Mala would spread the word of what was happening inside the camp.
3. What does Sara say their was few of in Auschwitz?
4. What does the Editor say of Fela's values in the Editor's Afterword?
(a) They were forgotten.
(b) They were corrupt.
(c) They were forced upon Sara.
(d) She upheld them.
5. How many rabbis does Sara say were brought into the camp in Chapter 27?
6. What does the Editor say distorts the story of some Holocaust witnesses?
(a) Their young age at the time.
(b) The psychological trauma.
(c) Their old age.
(d) The survivors guilt.
7. What did Orli say the Germans would destroy?
(a) All the documents.
(b) The camp.
(c) The Russian Army.
(d) Witnesses to their crimes.
8. How does the Editor qualify Sara's stories?
(a) Simply told.
9. What does the Editor say some prisoners did with their value system?
(a) They adjusted it to the camp life.
(b) They forgot it.
(c) They hold on to it.
(d) They tried to force it upon others.
10. Who does Sara say was celebrating the 1945 New Year?
(a) The Russian prisoners.
(b) The SS.
(c) The prisoners.
(d) The guards.
11. Where was Mala's boyfriend's corpse hung?
(a) Near his block.
(b) Next to the woman's camp.
(c) On the gate.
(d) In Sara's block.
12. What did Sara notice about the Rostock military airport in Chapter 37?
(a) It was empty.
(b) It was full of new jet fighters.
(c) It was full of fleeing Germans.
(d) It had underground hangars.
13. Whose planes were bombing Auschwitz more frequently in the end of 1944 according to Sara in Chapter 31?
14. Who did Mengele bring to the infirmary in November according to Sara in Chapter 31?
(b) Old and infirm women.
(c) Old men.
(d) Young women.
15. What does Sara wonder about a person's death?
(a) If one can choose death before being killed.
(b) If it is better to know when one will die.
(c) How much pain one can endure.
(d) If it is better to be gassed or shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescued Sara during her trip out of Auschwitz?
2. What does Sara say many believed about the world after the defeat of the Germans?
3. What did Sara and the others not have to do at the new camp?
4. What did Mengele do to the ones he brought to the infirmary in November?
5. What did Sara say the prisoners started singing at midnight on New Years Eve 1944?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)