|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some of the women do to keep busy?
(a) Cleaned the camp.
(b) Played cards.
(c) Tried to sleep.
(d) Treated the wounded.
2. What did the bombing give to Sara and others in the camp?
3. What did the women want according to Sara in Chapter 37?
(d) Clean clothes.
4. What did the Editor argue concentration camp denied prisoners?
(b) The ability to organize their lives.
(d) Warm accommodations.
5. Who rescued Sara during her trip out of Auschwitz?
(a) Marusia and Kwieta.
(b) A Russian soldier.
6. How many girls from Krakow did Mrs. Helena say were killed by Mengele in Chapter 29?
7. What does the Editor say Sara represented in the book?
(b) The traditional value system.
(c) The exterior influence.
8. What does the editor claim the Holocaust did for Western civilization?
(a) Taught restraint.
(b) Forced them to accept others.
(c) Taught empathy.
(d) Raised questions.
9. What did the camp Sara was relocated to at Rostock have?
10. What does the Editor argue prisoners in concentration camp relied on when telling their story?
(d) Too old for memories.
11. What did Mala do on her way to her execution?
(a) Tried to escape.
(b) Shot herself.
(c) Tried to kill a guard.
(d) Slit her wrists.
12. Who did the resistance arrange for Hans to do?
(a) Be captured.
(b) Work near the Infirmary.
(c) Infiltrate the camp as a guard.
(d) Infiltrate the camp as a prisoner.
13. Where was Mala's boyfriend's corpse hung?
(a) Next to the woman's camp.
(b) On the gate.
(c) Near his block.
(d) In Sara's block.
14. What does the Editor say Sara displays a particular interest in as a method of expression?
(c) The infirmary.
15. Who does Sara say ignored the women at the camp?
(a) The POW that were with them.
(b) SS and blokowe.
(c) The German civilians.
(d) The doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the prisoners receiving according to Sara in Chapter 31?
2. What news did Hans bring to Auschwitz?
3. When were Mala and her boyfriend caught after their escape?
4. What does the Editor argue Sara tried to do in writing her story?
5. What does Sara say that she and the other women hoped for?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)