|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Editor say Sara displays a particular interest in as a method of expression?
(a) The infirmary.
2. How does the Editor qualify Sara's stories?
(c) Simply told.
3. What does Sara's story stimulate the Reader to do according to the Editor?
(a) Think about the Jewish faith.
(b) Think on complex issues.
(c) Learn about her.
(d) Learn more about the Holocaust.
4. How does the Editor qualify Sara's memories?
5. Where does Sara say Mala was from?
6. What does Sara say sirens sounding meant in Chapter 26?
(a) An escape.
(b) A bombing.
(c) An escape or a bombing.
(d) Meal time.
7. What did Sara notice about the Rostock military airport in Chapter 37?
(a) It was full of new jet fighters.
(b) It was full of fleeing Germans.
(c) It was empty.
(d) It had underground hangars.
8. What does the Editor say of Fela's values in the Editor's Afterword?
(a) They were forgotten.
(b) She upheld them.
(c) They were corrupt.
(d) They were forced upon Sara.
9. What does the Editor argue prisoners in concentration camp relied on when telling their story?
(c) Too old for memories.
10. How were Mala and her boyfriend returned?
(c) They were not returned.
(d) Terribly beaten.
11. What did Sara refuse to do according to Chapter 37?
(a) Clean the camp.
(c) Be evacuated.
(d) Take someone else's food.
12. Who told Sara and her group that they would soon receive Red Cross food?
(c) Mrs. Helena.
13. What did Sara and the others not have to do at the new camp?
(a) Have roll call.
(d) Burn bodies.
14. Who does Sara say ignored the women at the camp?
(a) The German civilians.
(b) SS and blokowe.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The POW that were with them.
15. What did Mala do on her way to her execution?
(a) Shot herself.
(b) Tried to kill a guard.
(c) Tried to escape.
(d) Slit her wrists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the prisoners receiving according to Sara in Chapter 31?
2. Who rescued Sara during her trip out of Auschwitz?
3. Who was the speech reprinted in the newspaper in Chapter 33 addressed to?
4. What did the Editor argue concentration camp denied prisoners?
5. What did the speech reprinted in the newspaper in Chapter 33 say to resist?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)