|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Editor argue Sara tried to do in writing her story?
(a) Make sure the memory survives her.
(b) Cast her demons away.
(c) Make the reality of Auschwitz believable.
(d) Put it behind her.
2. How was the camp often awakened in April 1945 according to Sara?
(a) By Russian soldiers.
(b) By bombing sirens.
(c) By U.S soldiers.
(d) By SS soldiers.
3. Who was present in Rostock at the same time as Sara?
(a) Polish civilians.
(b) Russian POW.
(c) German civilians.
(d) SS and Auschwitz functionaries.
4. What camp was Sara relocated to after Auschwitz?
5. What does Sara's story stimulate the Reader to do according to the Editor?
(a) Learn about her.
(b) Think on complex issues.
(c) Think about the Jewish faith.
(d) Learn more about the Holocaust.
6. Who does Sara introduce in Chapter 30?
7. How long did Mala resist torture at the hands of the SS?
(a) For hours.
(b) For a few minutes.
(c) For days.
(d) For weeks.
8. What did the camp members start to yearn for after reading the newspaper in Chapter 33?
9. What did Orli say the Germans would destroy?
(a) All the documents.
(b) The Russian Army.
(c) Witnesses to their crimes.
(d) The camp.
10. What awoke the infirmary workers two weeks after the New Year?
(a) Screams and shouting.
(b) Sound of rifle butts banging at the gate.
(d) Bombs and gunfire.
11. What did the SS do with Mala after her short stay at the hospital?
(a) Put her back in her block.
(b) Brought her to the gas chamber.
(c) Let her rot in the mud.
(d) Buried her.
12. What did the rabbis start to sing according to Sara?
(a) The Kol Nidrei.
(b) The Masoretes.
(c) The Songs of Ascents.
(d) The Lekha Dodi.
13. What does the Editor say Sara represented in the book?
(a) The traditional value system.
(c) The exterior influence.
14. Where does Sara say Mala was from?
15. Who does Sara say was celebrating the 1945 New Year?
(a) The guards.
(b) The SS.
(c) The prisoners.
(d) The Russian prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sara find on the road she was traveling on?
2. What does Sara say ultimately happened to Mala?
3. Where were the rabbis in Chapter 27 from according to Sara?
4. How many girls from Krakow did Mrs. Helena say were killed by Mengele in Chapter 29?
5. How does the Editor qualify Sara's memories?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)