|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 36, Old Women, Ilya Ehrenburg Addresses Us, The New Year's Celebration, The Bewitched Sleigh, The Camp Blanket, In Pursuit of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the rabbis in Chapter 27 from according to Sara?
2. What does Sara wonder about a person's death?
(a) If it is better to be gassed or shot.
(b) If it is better to know when one will die.
(c) If one can choose death before being killed.
(d) How much pain one can endure.
3. What were Karola, Sara and others able to hide from the Nazi?
(a) Karola's son.
(b) Sara's son.
(c) Karola's pregnancy.
(d) Karola's relation to a patient.
4. What awoke the infirmary workers two weeks after the New Year?
(a) Sound of rifle butts banging at the gate.
(b) Bombs and gunfire.
(d) Screams and shouting.
5. What does Sara say filled the open space of the camp the previous New Year?
(a) Dead prisoners.
(c) German civilians.
(d) Singing and drunk Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the camp members start to yearn for after reading the newspaper in Chapter 33?
2. What did Sara say the prisoners started singing at midnight on New Years Eve 1944?
3. What was the name of the woman appointed block elder?
4. What was the name of the nurse that treated Sara in Chapter 8?
5. When was the worst time in Auschwitz according to Sara in Chapter 19?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)