|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
2. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
5. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not Forster showed significant difference between the story and the plot as aspects of the novel. Use examples both from Forster and modern novels.
Essay Topic 2
What does Forster think about the motto "History develops, Art stands still"? How does he come back to that in the conclusion of his lecture series?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the flaws of Forster's arguments throughout the lecture series? Please use references to literature to substantiate the various points.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)