Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
2. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
5. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
Essay Topic 1
What does Forster contend is the important difference between real people and people in novels? Why is this an important distinction? Using research on Forster himself, what is the irony of his discussion of the importance of real people keeping their secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Forster concludes his lecture series by tentatively speculating on the future of the novel. How has the novel changed since 1927? How are Forster's seven aspects still relevant to modern literature?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not Forster showed significant difference between the story and the plot as aspects of the novel. Use examples both from Forster and modern novels.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)