Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
2. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
5. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
How does Forster's point about how varied points of view reflect life parallel his points about characters made in the first People section?
What is the difference between the life in time and the life by value? How does Forster illustrate this point through the work of Sir Walter Scott?
Perhaps the most elusive of Forster's aspects is rhythm. How does Forster define this aspect? Is there a better way to explain it? If it is so hard to attain, why does Forster include it as one of the seven aspects? Does a good novel need to uphold all seven aspects?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)