Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
2. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
5. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
Essay Topic 1
Who are the authors that Forster expresses admiration for regarding their attempts at breaking the mold of certain aspects of the novel? Does it matter that he views their attempts as mostly unsuccessful?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Forster showed significant difference between the story and the plot as aspects of the novel. Use examples both from Forster and modern novels.
Essay Topic 3
Perhaps the most elusive of Forster's aspects is rhythm. How does Forster define this aspect? Is there a better way to explain it? If it is so hard to attain, why does Forster include it as one of the seven aspects? Does a good novel need to uphold all seven aspects?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)