Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
2. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
5. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
Perhaps the most elusive of Forster's aspects is rhythm. How does Forster define this aspect? Is there a better way to explain it? If it is so hard to attain, why does Forster include it as one of the seven aspects? Does a good novel need to uphold all seven aspects?
What is the relationship that Forster paints between prophecy and symbolism? Discuss this in terms of Melville and other novelists.
Using references from literature, describe how all seven aspects present in a novel can lead to a transcendent experience for the reader. Which aspect offers the best vehicle to transcendence? Do you agree with Forster that transcendence is the mark of a truly exceptional novel?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)