|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says if rhythm is done badly it hardens into a what?
2. Forster wonders if there is any rhythm in novels comparable to ____________.
(a) Pastoral Symphony.
(b) The Fifth Symphony.
(c) Symphony No. 3.
(d) Symphony No. 7.
3. What is the setting of Zuleika Dobson?
4. Who is the author of Moby Dick?
5. Who does Forster say demonstrates rhythm in the easy sense in his writing?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) H.G. Wells.
(d) Marcel Proust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Boon?
2. What is the setting of Ulysses?
3. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
4. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
5. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)