|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says it is wrong to see the __________ in Moby Dick as a symbol.
2. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
3. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
(a) George Meredith.
(b) Max Beerbohm.
(c) Thomas Hardy.
(d) Percy Lubbock.
4. Forster says he will borrow from what in describing pattern?
5. Forster wonders if there is any rhythm in novels comparable to ____________.
(a) The Fifth Symphony.
(b) Symphony No. 3.
(c) Symphony No. 7.
(d) Pastoral Symphony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
2. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
3. Who does Forster say is a character type that is seen in many Henry James novels?
4. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
5. Who is the author of Moby Dick?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)