|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(b) The Antiquary.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) War of the Worlds.
3. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
4. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
(a) George Meredith.
(b) Percy Lubbock.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) E.M. Forster.
5. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. Forster likens the development of the novel to the development of what?
3. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
4. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
5. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)