|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flecker's Magic by Norman Matson is about a _________.
2. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
3. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Conan Doyle.
(d) Jane Austen.
4. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
5. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
4. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
5. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)