|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Moby Dick?
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
4. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Prince Albert.
5. In comparing music and literature, Forster says a novelist must try to achieve what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster calls all the future accomplishments __________ in the face of the creative process.
2. Forster wonders if _________ will kill the novel.
3. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
4. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
5. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)