|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Princeton University.
2. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
3. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
4. Forster calls all the future accomplishments __________ in the face of the creative process.
5. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Thomas Hardy.
(d) Andre Gide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
2. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
3. What does Forster say is the enduring effect of The Ambassadors?
4. Forster says if rhythm is done badly it hardens into a what?
5. William George Clark is best known for being what?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)