|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
2. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Determine the plot.
(b) Introducing the characters.
(c) Boring the reader.
(d) Setting the scene.
3. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
4. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) George Eliot.
(c) Henry James.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
5. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) Novel Writing.
(b) Critiques on Fiction.
(c) The Craft of Fiction.
(d) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which critic does Forster refer to in the last chapter?
2. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
3. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
4. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
5. What is the name of the main character in Ulysses?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)