|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
2. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
3. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
(a) Percy Lubbock.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) E.M. Forster.
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Subject matter.
(b) Author's names.
(d) Time period.
5. The plot of a novel asks what question?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
3. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
4. Forster says there are elements of music in War and Peace, which he refers to as a "___________ book."
5. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)