|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Setting the scene.
(b) Boring the reader.
(c) Introducing the characters.
(d) Determine the plot.
2. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
3. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
(a) George Meredith.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) Max Beerbohm.
(d) Percy Lubbock.
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Time period.
(b) Subject matter.
(c) Author's names.
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
2. What is the name of the main character in Les Fax Monnayeurs?
3. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
4. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
5. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)