|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
2. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
3. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
4. What does Forster call the small gods that he says haunt us today?
5. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A golfer.
(c) A zookeeper.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)