|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boon is a parody of whose writing style?
(a) Henry James.
(b) H.G. Wells.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) James Joyce.
2. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
3. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
(a) The Bishop's Tale.
(b) Barnaby's Crossing.
(c) The Egoist.
(d) Beauchamp's Career.
4. Forster considers Roman Pictures to be a __________.
(b) Social comedy.
(c) Love story.
5. What is the name of the main character in Moby Dick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
3. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)