|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
(a) Henry James.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) George Eliot.
4. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
5. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his conclusion, Forster compares history to what?
2. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
3. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
4. To explore fantasy, who does Forster call upon?
5. What shape is the pattern of The Ambassadors?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)