|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel Joseph Andrews is an adaptation of what novel?
2. Forster compares the creative process to what in his conclusion?
3. What is the setting of Zuleika Dobson?
4. What is the name of the last ship in Moby Dick that Forster thinks is aptly named?
5. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
(a) Conan Doyle.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Jane Austen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boon is a parody of whose writing style?
2. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
3. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
4. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
5. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)