|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. What is the setting of Thais?
3. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(a) Mansfield Park.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
4. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
5. Forster says if rhythm is done badly it hardens into a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
4. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
5. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)