|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster calls all the future accomplishments __________ in the face of the creative process.
2. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
3. What is the name of the main character in Moby Dick?
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
2. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
3. The plot of a novel asks what question?
4. In comparing music and literature, Forster says a novelist must try to achieve what?
5. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)