|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
2. Forster says by putting all of the novelists' writing in one room he has put their work through the crucible of what?
3. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Andre Gide.
4. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
(a) E.M. Forster.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Percy Lubbock.
(d) George Meredith.
5. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. What is the name of the last ship in Moby Dick that Forster thinks is aptly named?
4. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
5. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)