|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster wonders if _________ will kill the novel.
2. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(c) Paper thin.
3. Forster likens the development of the novel to the development of what?
4. Which one of the following is NOT an author that Forster considers to use prophecy well?
5. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(a) Mansfield Park.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
4. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
5. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)