|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
2. Who is the author of Ulysses?
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Henry James.
(d) E.M. Forster.
3. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
(a) The Count of Denmark.
(b) Becky Sharp.
(c) The Countess.
(d) Jane Elliot.
4. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
5. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster uses the musings of who to offer two thoughts on the future of mankind?
2. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
3. What does Forster say is the enduring effect of The Ambassadors?
4. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
5. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)