|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) Critiques on Fiction.
(b) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(c) Novel Writing.
(d) The Craft of Fiction.
2. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
3. Which one of the following is NOT an author that Forster considers to use prophecy well?
4. Forster calls all the future accomplishments __________ in the face of the creative process.
5. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
(a) Be consistent.
(b) Exercise mutual restraint.
(c) Eat, drink, and be merry.
(d) Think small.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says only a _________ can answer questions about the future of the creative process.
2. Forster says there are elements of music in War and Peace, which he refers to as a "___________ book."
3. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
4. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
5. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)