|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(b) Edie Ochiltree.
(c) Miss Grizzle.
(d) Jonathon Oldbuck.
2. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
3. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The story.
(b) The character.
(c) The theme.
(d) The plot.
4. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(a) Paper thin.
5. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. Who does Forster say demonstrates rhythm in the easy sense in his writing?
3. Forster considers Roman Pictures to be a __________.
4. Forster says an easy way to define any aspect of fiction is to consider what kind of ___________ it makes on the reader.
5. Forster says if rhythm is done badly it hardens into a what?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)