|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
2. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(b) Subject matter.
(c) Time period.
(d) Author's names.
3. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
4. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
5. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) H.G. Wells.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
4. What shape is the pattern of The Ambassadors?
5. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)