|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
2. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
3. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Pointless blobs.
(b) Ragged ends.
(c) Clever ploys.
(d) Annoying bits.
4. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
5. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
(a) Beauchamp's Career.
(b) Barnaby's Crossing.
(c) The Bishop's Tale.
(d) The Egoist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
3. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
4. Flecker's Magic combines the kingdoms of magic and _________.
5. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)