|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
2. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
3. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
(a) Trojan War.
4. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
(a) Max Beerbohm.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Percy Lubbock.
5. According to Forster, Moby Dick should be seen as a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
2. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
3. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
4. Which author does Forster refer to as a preacher, not a prophet?
5. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)