|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Our affection for it.
(b) Financial gains of the author.
(c) Critical acclaim.
(d) Time it is published.
2. Who is the author of Boon?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) H.G. Wells.
(c) Henry James.
(d) James Joyce.
3. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. Who does Forster say is a character type that is seen in many Henry James novels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Thais?
2. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
3. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
4. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
5. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)