|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster calls Zuleika Dobson the most ___________ achievement of fantasy in his time.
2. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Pointless blobs.
(b) Annoying bits.
(c) Ragged ends.
(d) Clever ploys.
3. What novel does Forster refer to when discussing the supernatural aspect of fantasy?
(a) Wisdom's Window.
(b) All The Gods.
(c) Shane McDadey.
(d) Tristram Shandy.
4. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
(a) Henry James.
(b) George Eliot.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) James Joyce.
5. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Anothony Trollope.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
2. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
3. Who does Forster say is a character type that is seen in many Henry James novels?
4. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
5. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)