|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In comparing music and literature, Forster says a novelist must try to achieve what?
2. What does Forster call the small gods that he says haunt us today?
3. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Critical acclaim.
(b) Time it is published.
(c) Our affection for it.
(d) Financial gains of the author.
4. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
(b) Trojan War.
5. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(a) Billy Bud.
(c) The Birthmark.
(d) The Pit and the Pendulum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in The Ambassadors?
2. Forster says if rhythm is done badly it hardens into a what?
3. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. Who is the author of Boon?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)