|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(c) Jean Claude.
2. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(d) Paper thin.
3. The novel Joseph Andrews is an adaptation of what novel?
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Samuel Richardson.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Laurence Sterne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. Who does Forster say demonstrates rhythm in the easy sense in his writing?
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)