|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(b) Critiques on Fiction.
(c) The Craft of Fiction.
(d) Novel Writing.
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
4. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
(a) The Egoist.
(b) The Bishop's Tale.
(c) Barnaby's Crossing.
(d) Beauchamp's Career.
5. Forster contends that Henry James has two kinds of main characters, the observer and the ________.
(a) Tragic lover.
(b) Wise widow.
(c) First-rate manipulator.
(d) Second-rate outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
3. What is the name of the main character in Les Fax Monnayeurs?
4. Who does Forster say is a character type that is seen in many Henry James novels?
5. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)