|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster say is the enduring effect of The Ambassadors?
2. The novel Joseph Andrews is an adaptation of what novel?
3. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Gallenhalls.
(c) The Gallentry.
(d) The Glenallans.
4. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
5. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
4. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
5. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)