|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Characters _______ daily life, not coincide with it.
2. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
3. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(a) Shakespearean Scholar.
4. The novel Joseph Andrews is an adaptation of what novel?
5. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Andre Gide.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Anthony Trollope.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
2. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
3. In comparing music and literature, Forster says a novelist must try to achieve what?
4. Forster wonders if there is any rhythm in novels comparable to ____________.
5. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)