|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
2. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Elizabeth Bennet.
3. Forster contends that Henry James has two kinds of main characters, the observer and the ________.
(a) Tragic lover.
(b) First-rate manipulator.
(c) Second-rate outsider.
(d) Wise widow.
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Anthony Trollope.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
5. Who is the author of Ulysses?
(a) Henry James.
(b) E.M. Forster.
(c) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
2. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
3. Who is the author of Boon?
4. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
5. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)