|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Leo Tolstoy.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
3. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
4. Who does Forster say is a character type that is seen in many Henry James novels?
5. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
2. Flecker's Magic combines the kingdoms of magic and _________.
3. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)