|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
(a) E.M. Forster.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Percy Lubbock.
2. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
3. Forster wonders if there is any rhythm in novels comparable to ____________.
(a) The Fifth Symphony.
(b) Pastoral Symphony.
(c) Symphony No. 7.
(d) Symphony No. 3.
4. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
(a) Beauchamp's Career.
(b) The Bishop's Tale.
(c) The Egoist.
(d) Barnaby's Crossing.
5. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
2. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
3. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
4. Forster says it is wrong to see the __________ in Moby Dick as a symbol.
5. Forster says there are elements of music in War and Peace, which he refers to as a "___________ book."
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)