|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
2. Which author does Forster refer to as a preacher, not a prophet?
(a) George Eliot.
(b) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
(c) Henry James.
(d) James Joyce.
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(b) The Birthmark.
(c) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) Billy Bud.
4. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
3. What is the setting for Flecker's Magic?
4. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
5. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)