|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Introducing the characters.
(b) Determine the plot.
(c) Boring the reader.
(d) Setting the scene.
2. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Anthony Trollope.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
3. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
4. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
5. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
2. Forster distinguishes novels with fantasy and novels with prophecy by their what?
3. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
4. What does Forster say is the enduring effect of The Ambassadors?
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)