|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
2. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Time it is published.
(b) Financial gains of the author.
(c) Critical acclaim.
(d) Our affection for it.
3. The novel Joseph Andrews is an adaptation of what novel?
4. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
5. Who does Forster say is a character type that is seen in many Henry James novels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
2. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
4. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
5. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)