|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
3. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Subject matter.
(b) Time period.
(d) Author's names.
5. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
2. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
3. What is the name of the main character in The Brothers Karamazov?
4. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
5. What is the setting of Thais?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)