|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(a) War and Peace.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
(d) Mansfield Park.
3. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
4. When comparing plot and drama, Forster visualizes plot as what?
(a) Queen of England.
(b) Lowly paid worker.
(c) Higher government official.
(d) Grand Dame.
5. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
2. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
3. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
4. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
5. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)