|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
2. Forster contends that Henry James has two kinds of main characters, the observer and the ________.
(a) Tragic lover.
(b) Wise widow.
(c) First-rate manipulator.
(d) Second-rate outsider.
3. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
4. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. What is the name of the main character in Ulysses?
4. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
5. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)