|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
2. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Critical acclaim.
(b) Our affection for it.
(c) Financial gains of the author.
(d) Time it is published.
3. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
(a) Barnaby's Crossing.
(b) The Bishop's Tale.
(c) Beauchamp's Career.
(d) The Egoist.
4. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Laurence Sterne.
(d) Samuel Richardson.
5. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
3. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
4. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
5. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)