|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
2. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
3. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
4. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
(a) Bleak House.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Mansfield Park.
5. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
2. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
3. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)