|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
2. Flecker's Magic combines the kingdoms of magic and _________.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Transcendent reflection.
3. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(a) Paper thin.
4. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
(a) Lawrence Sterne.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
5. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
Short Answer Questions
1. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
2. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
3. When comparing plot and drama, Forster visualizes plot as what?
4. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
5. Forster distinguishes novels with fantasy and novels with prophecy by their what?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)