|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Princess Diana.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Prince Albert.
2. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
3. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
4. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(a) Paper thin.
5. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
2. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
3. Forster calls Zuleika Dobson the most ___________ achievement of fantasy in his time.
4. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
5. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)