|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The character.
(b) The plot.
(c) The story.
(d) The theme.
4. Forster says an easy way to define any aspect of fiction is to consider what kind of ___________ it makes on the reader.
5. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
2. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
3. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
4. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
5. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)