|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) William George Clark.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) T. S. Elliot.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(b) Shakespearean Scholar.
4. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
5. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Flecker's Magic?
2. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
3. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
4. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
5. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)