|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster call the small gods that he says haunt us today?
2. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
3. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) T. S. Elliot.
(b) William George Clark.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
4. Forster says an easy way to define any aspect of fiction is to consider what kind of ___________ it makes on the reader.
5. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Author's names.
(c) Subject matter.
(d) Time period.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
4. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
5. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)