|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
2. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
3. What novel does Forster refer to when discussing the supernatural aspect of fantasy?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) Shane McDadey.
(c) Wisdom's Window.
(d) All The Gods.
4. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
5. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
2. Who is the author of Ulysses?
3. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
4. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)