|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
2. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
3. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
4. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Time it is published.
(b) Financial gains of the author.
(c) Our affection for it.
(d) Critical acclaim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
2. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
3. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)