|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
(a) Secret life.
(c) Author's imagination.
(d) After life.
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The story.
(b) The theme.
(c) The character.
(d) The plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
2. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
3. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
4. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)