|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To explore fantasy, who does Forster call upon?
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
4. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Lawrence Sterne.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
5. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says ___________ never comes off in novels.
2. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
3. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. William George Clark is best known for being what?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)