|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flecker's Magic combines the kingdoms of magic and _________.
(b) Transcendent reflection.
(d) Common sense.
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
4. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
5. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(b) Subject matter.
(c) Author's names.
(d) Time period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
2. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
3. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
4. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
5. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)