|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mr. Baker.
3. Forster calls Zuleika Dobson the most ___________ achievement of fantasy in his time.
4. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A writer.
(b) A bus driver.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A zookeeper.
5. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)