|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To explore fantasy, who does Forster call upon?
2. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Princess Diana.
4. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
5. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
(c) Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
2. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
3. Who is the author of Zuleika Dobson?
4. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
5. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)