|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
3. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
4. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
2. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
3. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
4. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
5. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)