|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(b) Shakespearean Scholar.
2. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
3. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
4. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
5. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
2. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
3. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
4. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)