|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
(a) Lawrence Sterne.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
4. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(a) Shakespearean Scholar.
5. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(b) The Craft of Fiction.
(c) Critiques on Fiction.
(d) Novel Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
4. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)