|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
2. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Miss Grizzle.
(b) Edie Ochiltree.
(c) Jonathon Oldbuck.
3. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) Anothony Trollope.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
2. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
3. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
4. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
5. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)