|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
4. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
5. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Prince Albert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
3. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
4. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
5. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)