|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
5. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Author's names.
(b) Time period.
(c) Subject matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
4. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
5. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)