|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Gallenhalls.
(c) The Glenallans.
(d) The Gallentry.
2. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
3. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
4. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Time it is published.
(b) Financial gains of the author.
(c) Critical acclaim.
(d) Our affection for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
4. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
5. Characters _______ daily life, not coincide with it.
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)