|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(a) Shakespearean Scholar.
3. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) The Antiquary.
(b) War and Peace.
(d) War of the Worlds.
4. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Bleak House.
(d) Mansfield Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
2. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
3. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
4. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)