|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) War of the Worlds.
(b) The Antiquary.
(d) War and Peace.
2. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Glenallans.
(c) The Gallenhalls.
(d) The Gallentry.
3. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
4. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
5. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
(a) Jane Elliot.
(b) The Countess.
(c) Becky Sharp.
(d) The Count of Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
4. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)