|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
2. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
3. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Ragged ends.
(b) Pointless blobs.
(c) Clever ploys.
(d) Annoying bits.
Short Answer Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
3. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
4. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)