|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
2. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
3. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(b) Word masses.
4. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
3. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
4. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
5. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)