|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
2. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(a) Paper thin.
3. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
4. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
5. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
3. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)