|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
3. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
4. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Financial gains of the author.
(b) Our affection for it.
(c) Time it is published.
(d) Critical acclaim.
Short Answer Questions
1. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
2. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
3. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)