|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Princeton University.
2. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Introducing the characters.
(b) Setting the scene.
(c) Boring the reader.
(d) Determine the plot.
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The character.
(b) The plot.
(c) The theme.
(d) The story.
5. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Antiquary.
(c) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) The Old Wives' Tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
2. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
4. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
5. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)