|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A writer.
(d) A golfer.
2. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
3. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Elizabeth Bennet.
4. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
5. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Samuel Richardson.
(b) Laurence Sterne.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Henry James.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
2. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
3. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
4. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)