|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
2. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
5. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
2. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
3. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
4. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
5. William George Clark is best known for being what?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)