|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
2. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
3. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
5. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
2. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
4. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
5. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)