|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
2. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
3. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Time it is published.
(b) Critical acclaim.
(c) Our affection for it.
(d) Financial gains of the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
2. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
3. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
4. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
5. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)