|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
2. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
3. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
4. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
(b) Shakespearean Globe.
(c) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(d) Globe Shakespeare.
5. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) T. S. Elliot.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) William George Clark.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
2. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
3. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
4. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)