|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
2. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
3. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
(a) Exercise mutual restraint.
(b) Be consistent.
(c) Eat, drink, and be merry.
(d) Think small.
4. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(c) Jean Claude.
5. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Samuel Richardson.
(d) Laurence Sterne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
2. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
3. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
4. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
5. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)