|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) H.G. Wells.
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
4. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
5. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)