|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
3. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Author's names.
(c) Time period.
(d) Subject matter.
5. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
3. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
4. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
5. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)