|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
2. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
3. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Financial gains of the author.
(b) Critical acclaim.
(c) Our affection for it.
(d) Time it is published.
4. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A writer.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A zookeeper.
5. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
2. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
3. Characters _______ daily life, not coincide with it.
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
5. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)