|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
2. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Prince Albert.
4. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Miss Bates.
5. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
2. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
3. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
5. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)