|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
2. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) William George Clark.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) T. S. Elliot.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
3. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
3. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
4. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
5. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)