|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
2. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
3. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Pointless blobs.
(b) Clever ploys.
(c) Ragged ends.
(d) Annoying bits.
4. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
5. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Antiquary.
(b) The Old Wives' Tale.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Swiss Family Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
2. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
3. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
4. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
5. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)