|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Works that deal with real people are called what?
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A writer.
(b) A bus driver.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A zookeeper.
3. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
4. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
5. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Characters _______ daily life, not coincide with it.
2. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
5. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)