|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
2. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Antiquary.
(c) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) The Old Wives' Tale.
3. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
4. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
5. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
3. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)