|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
(a) Exercise mutual restraint.
(b) Be consistent.
(c) Think small.
(d) Eat, drink, and be merry.
2. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
3. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Anothony Trollope.
(c) George Meredith.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
4. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Miss Grizzle.
(b) Edie Ochiltree.
(d) Jonathon Oldbuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
2. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
3. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
4. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
5. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)