|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Jonathon Oldbuck.
(b) Miss Grizzle.
(c) Edie Ochiltree.
2. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
5. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
2. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
3. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
4. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
5. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)