|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Subject matter.
(b) Time period.
(d) Author's names.
2. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Jane Elliot.
(c) Becky Sharp.
(d) The Count of Denmark.
3. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
4. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
5. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
4. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
5. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)