|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
2. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The plot.
(b) The theme.
(c) The story.
(d) The character.
3. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
4. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
5. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
2. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
3. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
4. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
5. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)