|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(a) Paper thin.
2. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
3. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Cambridge University.
4. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
5. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
2. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
3. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)