|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
2. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The theme.
(b) The character.
(c) The plot.
(d) The story.
3. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Glenallans.
(c) The Gallenhalls.
(d) The Gallentry.
4. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
2. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
3. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
4. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
5. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)