|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Antiquary.
(c) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) The Old Wives' Tale.
2. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
3. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Elizabeth Bennet.
4. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The character.
(b) The story.
(c) The plot.
(d) The theme.
5. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
4. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
5. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)