|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Antiquary.
(b) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Old Wives' Tale.
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Lawrence Sterne.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
4. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
5. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
2. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
5. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)