|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
2. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
4. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
5. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
4. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
5. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)