|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Clever ploys.
(b) Pointless blobs.
(c) Ragged ends.
(d) Annoying bits.
2. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
3. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
4. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
5. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(b) Globe Shakespeare.
(c) Shakespearean Globe.
(d) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
2. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
3. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
4. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)