|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. Characters _______ daily life, not coincide with it.
3. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
4. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
5. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Antiquary.
(d) War of the Worlds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
2. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
5. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)