|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
4. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
5. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
3. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
5. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)