|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. Works that deal with real people are called what?
4. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The character.
(b) The plot.
(c) The story.
(d) The theme.
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
2. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
3. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
4. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
5. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)