|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
4. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
5. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(b) Critiques on Fiction.
(c) The Craft of Fiction.
(d) Novel Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
3. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
4. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
5. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)