|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
2. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
3. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
4. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The theme.
(b) The story.
(c) The character.
(d) The plot.
5. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
4. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)