|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Edie Ochiltree.
(b) Jonathon Oldbuck.
(d) Miss Grizzle.
2. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
3. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallenhalls.
(b) The Glenallans.
(c) The Gallentry.
(d) The Glenwoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
2. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
3. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
4. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
5. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)