|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
4. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Globe Shakespeare.
(b) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(c) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
(d) Shakespearean Globe.
5. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
2. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
4. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
5. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)