|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
2. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
3. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
4. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
5. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
5. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)