|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Time period.
(c) Author's names.
(d) Subject matter.
2. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(c) Shakespearean Scholar.
3. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
2. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
3. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
4. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
5. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)