|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
2. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
3. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Setting the scene.
(b) Determine the plot.
(c) Introducing the characters.
(d) Boring the reader.
4. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
5. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Anothony Trollope.
(d) George Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
2. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
3. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)