|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A golfer.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A writer.
3. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
4. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
5. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. William George Clark is best known for being what?
2. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
5. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)