|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
2. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
3. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Setting the scene.
(b) Boring the reader.
(c) Introducing the characters.
(d) Determine the plot.
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
Short Answer Questions
1. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
2. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
3. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
4. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)