|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Ragged ends.
(b) Annoying bits.
(c) Clever ploys.
(d) Pointless blobs.
3. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
2. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
4. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)