|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
3. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
4. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
5. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Ragged ends.
(b) Annoying bits.
(c) Pointless blobs.
(d) Clever ploys.
Short Answer Questions
1. William George Clark is best known for being what?
2. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
5. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)