|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(d) Word masses.
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
5. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
2. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
5. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)