|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) William George Clark.
(b) T. S. Elliot.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
2. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
3. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
4. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
5. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)