|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
3. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(c) Jean Claude.
4. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
5. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) T. S. Elliot.
(c) William George Clark.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
3. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
4. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
5. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)