|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
3. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
4. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Leo Tolstoy.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
5. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Princess Diana.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
2. William George Clark is best known for being what?
3. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
4. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)