|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A writer.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A zookeeper.
4. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)