|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(d) Shakespearean Scholar.
3. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
4. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Miss Grizzle.
(c) Edie Ochiltree.
(d) Jonathon Oldbuck.
5. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
4. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)