|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Glenallans.
(c) The Gallentry.
(d) The Gallenhalls.
2. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
3. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
4. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
4. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)