|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
2. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
3. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
4. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Oxford University.
5. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Marcel Proust.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
3. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
4. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)