|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Marcel Proust.
2. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
3. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
2. William George Clark is best known for being what?
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
5. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)