|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) War of the Worlds.
(c) The Antiquary.
(d) War and Peace.
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Henry James.
(b) Samuel Richardson.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Laurence Sterne.
4. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Time it is published.
(b) Critical acclaim.
(c) Our affection for it.
(d) Financial gains of the author.
5. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
2. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
3. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
4. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
5. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)