|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(b) Author's names.
(c) Subject matter.
(d) Time period.
2. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
3. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
4. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)