|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
2. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Cambridge University.
3. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) The Antiquary.
(c) War of the Worlds.
(d) War and Peace.
4. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Jonathon Oldbuck.
(b) Edie Ochiltree.
(d) Miss Grizzle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
2. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
4. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. William George Clark is best known for being what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)