|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
2. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The story.
(b) The plot.
(c) The character.
(d) The theme.
3. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
4. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
5. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
2. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
3. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
4. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
5. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)