|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
2. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Old Wives' Tale.
(b) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) The Antiquary.
(d) War and Peace.
3. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
4. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
5. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
2. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
3. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. William George Clark is best known for being what?
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)