|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallenhalls.
(b) The Gallentry.
(c) The Glenwoods.
(d) The Glenallans.
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(b) Shakespearean Globe.
(c) Globe Shakespeare.
(d) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
2. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
4. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
5. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)