|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
2. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
3. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A golfer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A zookeeper.
4. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
5. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
5. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)