|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) The Antiquary.
(c) The Old Wives' Tale.
(d) War and Peace.
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A writer.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A golfer.
3. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
4. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallenhalls.
(b) The Gallentry.
(c) The Glenallans.
(d) The Glenwoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
2. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
4. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
5. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)