|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) War and Peace.
(c) War of the Worlds.
(d) The Antiquary.
3. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
4. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Determine the plot.
(b) Introducing the characters.
(c) Setting the scene.
(d) Boring the reader.
5. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
2. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
3. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
4. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
5. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)