|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
2. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) William George Clark.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
3. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Oxford University.
4. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
5. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
2. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
3. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
4. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)