|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
2. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
3. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A writer.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A bus driver.
4. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
5. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
2. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
3. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
4. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
5. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)