|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
3. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenallans.
(b) The Gallenhalls.
(c) The Gallentry.
(d) The Glenwoods.
4. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A zookeeper.
(b) A golfer.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A writer.
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
2. William George Clark is best known for being what?
3. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
4. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
5. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)