|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(b) Globe Shakespeare.
(c) Shakespearean Globe.
(d) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
3. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A writer.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A golfer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
2. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
3. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
4. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
5. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)