|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Globe Shakespeare.
(b) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(c) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
(d) Shakespearean Globe.
2. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Clever ploys.
(b) Ragged ends.
(c) Annoying bits.
(d) Pointless blobs.
3. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
2. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
3. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
4. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
5. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)