|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
3. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
4. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
5. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
2. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
3. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
4. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
5. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)