|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(b) Shakespearean Globe.
(c) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
(d) Globe Shakespeare.
2. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
3. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
4. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Critical acclaim.
(b) Financial gains of the author.
(c) Our affection for it.
(d) Time it is published.
5. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Introducing the characters.
(b) Boring the reader.
(c) Determine the plot.
(d) Setting the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
2. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
3. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
4. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
5. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)