|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
3. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
4. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
(a) Beauchamp's Career.
(b) The Egoist.
(c) The Bishop's Tale.
(d) Barnaby's Crossing.
5. What is the setting of Ulysses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Boon is a parody of whose writing style?
2. Who is the main character in the George Eliot novel that Forster uses to illustrate prophecy?
3. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
5. Works that deal with real people are called what?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)