Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
2. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Gallenhalls.
(c) The Glenallans.
(d) The Gallentry.
3. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
4. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
(a) Secret life.
(b) After life.
(c) Author's imagination.
5. What is the name of the main character in Les Fax Monnayeurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Forster, Moby Dick should be seen as a what?
2. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
3. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
4. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
5. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)