Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
3. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Lawrence Sterne.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster call the small gods that he says haunt us today?
2. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
3. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
4. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)