|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
(a) Our affection for it.
(b) Time it is published.
(c) Financial gains of the author.
(d) Critical acclaim.
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Globe Shakespeare.
(b) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(c) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
(d) Shakespearean Globe.
3. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
4. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
2. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
3. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
4. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)