|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. Forster says he will borrow from what in describing pattern?
3. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
(a) Percy Lubbock.
(b) E.M. Forster.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) George Meredith.
4. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster considers Roman Pictures to be a __________.
2. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
3. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
4. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
5. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)