|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. Forster says there are elements of music in War and Peace, which he refers to as a "___________ book."
4. What is the setting of Thais?
5. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) Jane Elliot.
(c) The Countess.
(d) The Count of Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
2. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
3. Who does Forster say demonstrates rhythm in the easy sense in his writing?
4. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
5. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)