|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is NOT an author that Forster considers to use prophecy well?
2. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Old Wives' Tale.
(c) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) The Antiquary.
3. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Conan Doyle.
(d) Jane Austen.
4. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
5. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
Short Answer Questions
1. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
2. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
3. What is the novel Ulysses adapted from?
4. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
5. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)