|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To explore fantasy, who does Forster call upon?
2. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
(a) T. S. Elliot.
(b) William George Clark.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
3. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Annoying bits.
(b) Clever ploys.
(c) Pointless blobs.
(d) Ragged ends.
4. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
5. Forster says that neither ________ nor anticipation is interested in Father Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
3. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
4. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
5. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)