|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says it is wrong to see the __________ in Moby Dick as a symbol.
2. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
3. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
4. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The character.
(b) The theme.
(c) The story.
(d) The plot.
5. Who is the author of Boon?
(a) H.G. Wells.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Henry James.
(d) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
2. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. The critic Norman Douglas writes an open letter to which author?
5. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)