|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
2. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
3. Which George Eliot novel does Forster refer to in his discussion of prophecy?
(b) The Mill on the Floss.
(c) Adam Bede.
(d) Silas Marner.
4. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
5. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(b) The Craft of Fiction.
(c) Critiques on Fiction.
(d) Novel Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
3. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
4. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
5. What is the name of the main character in The Ambassadors?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)