|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flecker's Magic by Norman Matson is about a _________.
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. Forster contends that Henry James has two kinds of main characters, the observer and the ________.
(a) First-rate manipulator.
(b) Tragic lover.
(c) Wise widow.
(d) Second-rate outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Moby Dick?
2. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
3. Forster wonders if there is any rhythm in novels comparable to ____________.
4. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
5. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)