|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Forster refer to when discussing the supernatural aspect of fantasy?
(a) Wisdom's Window.
(b) Shane McDadey.
(c) All The Gods.
(d) Tristram Shandy.
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
(a) Barnaby's Crossing.
(b) Beauchamp's Career.
(c) The Bishop's Tale.
(d) The Egoist.
3. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
4. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Princess Diana.
5. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
2. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
3. Which author does Forster refer to when talking about the chaos that prophecy can bring to a novel?
4. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
5. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)