|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
2. What is the name of the last ship in Moby Dick that Forster thinks is aptly named?
3. Forster considers Roman Pictures to be a __________.
(b) Love story.
(c) Social comedy.
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Subject matter.
(b) Author's names.
(d) Time period.
5. What is the name of the main character in Ulysses?
(a) Humphrey Ward.
(b) George Ulysses.
(c) Leopold Bloom.
(d) William Seymour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
2. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
3. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
4. Forster says if rhythm is done badly it hardens into a what?
5. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)