|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) Novel Writing.
(b) Critiques on Fiction.
(c) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(d) The Craft of Fiction.
2. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(a) Paper thin.
3. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
4. What is the setting of Zuleika Dobson?
5. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
2. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
3. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
4. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
5. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)