|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in The Ambassadors?
2. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
3. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(a) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(b) The Birthmark.
(c) Billy Bud.
4. What is the name of the main character in Ulysses?
(a) Humphrey Ward.
(b) George Ulysses.
(c) William Seymour.
(d) Leopold Bloom.
5. Forster distinguishes novels with fantasy and novels with prophecy by their what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. The plot of a novel asks what question?
3. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
4. What is the setting of The Ambassadors?
5. The novel Joseph Andrews is an adaptation of what novel?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)