|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Zuleika Dobson?
2. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
3. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
(a) Author's imagination.
(b) Secret life.
(c) After life.
4. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
5. Forster contends that Henry James has two kinds of main characters, the observer and the ________.
(a) Second-rate outsider.
(b) Wise widow.
(c) Tragic lover.
(d) First-rate manipulator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
3. The plot of a novel asks what question?
4. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
5. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)