|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
2. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Henry James.
(b) Laurence Sterne.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Samuel Richardson.
3. Flecker's Magic by Norman Matson is about a _________.
4. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
5. What is the name of the main character in The Brothers Karamazov?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
2. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
3. Who is the author of Boon?
4. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)