|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Forster refer to as a preacher, not a prophet?
(a) George Eliot.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
2. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
3. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
4. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
5. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Magic Flute is a parody of the work of whom?
2. What does Forster say is the enduring effect of The Ambassadors?
3. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
4. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
5. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)