|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
2. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
3. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
4. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallenhalls.
(b) The Gallentry.
(c) The Glenallans.
(d) The Glenwoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
2. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
3. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
4. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
5. What does Forster say it is impossible to study about literature?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)