|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
2. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
(b) Shakespearean Globe.
(c) Globe Shakespeare.
(d) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
3. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
4. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Introducing the characters.
(b) Setting the scene.
(c) Boring the reader.
(d) Determine the plot.
5. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
Short Answer Questions
1. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
2. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
5. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)