|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
2. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
3. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. Who is the author of Roman Pictures?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Percy Lubbock.
(d) E.M. Forster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. Which author does Forster refer to when talking about the chaos that prophecy can bring to a novel?
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)