|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. In comparing music and literature, Forster says a novelist must try to achieve what?
3. Which author does Forster refer to when talking about the chaos that prophecy can bring to a novel?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Lawrence Sterne.
(d) Emily Bronte.
4. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
5. What is the setting of Ulysses?
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
2. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
3. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
4. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
5. What is the name of the main character in Les Fax Monnayeurs?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)