|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
3. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
4. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
5. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
2. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
3. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)