|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
2. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
3. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The character.
(b) The theme.
(c) The story.
(d) The plot.
4. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A writer.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A golfer.
5. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
2. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
4. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
5. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)