|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(b) Shakespearean Scholar.
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
4. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Marcel Proust.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
5. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) The Antiquary.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) War of the Worlds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
3. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)