|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
2. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
3. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
4. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
5. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Edie Ochiltree.
(b) Miss Grizzle.
(c) Jonathon Oldbuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
2. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
3. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
4. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
5. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)