|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
2. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
3. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Marcel Proust.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
4. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
5. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
2. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
3. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
4. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
5. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)