|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Samuel Richardson.
(b) Laurence Sterne.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
4. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) The Antiquary.
(c) War of the Worlds.
5. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
Short Answer Questions
1. William George Clark is best known for being what?
2. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
3. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
5. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)