|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Pointless blobs.
(b) Annoying bits.
(c) Ragged ends.
(d) Clever ploys.
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
(a) Shakespearean Globe.
(b) Globe Shakespeare.
(c) Shakespeare Around the Globe.
(d) Globe Theater and Shakespeare.
4. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
5. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
2. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
3. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
4. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)