|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A zookeeper.
(b) A writer.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A bus driver.
2. Forster says he is not analyzing The Antiquary, but rather _____________ it.
3. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
4. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
5. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallenhalls.
(b) The Gallentry.
(c) The Glenwoods.
(d) The Glenallans.
Short Answer Questions
1. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
2. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
4. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
5. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)