|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Anothony Trollope.
2. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
3. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
4. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
5. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
2. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
4. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
5. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)