|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
2. What does Forster call characters like Miss Grizzle in The Antiquary?
(a) Annoying bits.
(b) Pointless blobs.
(c) Ragged ends.
(d) Clever ploys.
3. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallentry.
(b) The Glenwoods.
(c) The Gallenhalls.
(d) The Glenallans.
4. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
5. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forster say is the real hero of The Old Wives' Tale?
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)