|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Works that deal with real people are called what?
2. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
3. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
4. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Glenwoods.
(b) The Gallentry.
(c) The Gallenhalls.
(d) The Glenallans.
5. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
2. Who does Forster say saved his life by telling good stories?
3. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
4. In a work in which the author classifies novels by weather, how many different headings are there?
5. Who is the first hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)