|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
2. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
3. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
4. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
2. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
3. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
4. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
5. Works that deal with real people are called what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)