|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
3. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Author's names.
(c) Subject matter.
(d) Time period.
5. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Samuel Richardson.
(d) Laurence Sterne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
2. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
3. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
4. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
5. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)