|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(a) Word masses.
2. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Jonathon Oldbuck.
(b) Edie Ochiltree.
(c) Miss Grizzle.
3. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
4. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
5. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
3. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
4. Works that deal with real people are called what?
5. In the introductory section, Forster quotes from whom to describe the duties of the critic?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)