|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
2. Works that deal with real people are called what?
3. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Old Wives' Tale.
(b) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) The Antiquary.
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
2. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
3. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)