|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are flat characters called in the seventeenth century?
(b) Paper thin.
2. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
3. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
4. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
5. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) George Meredith.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Anothony Trollope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
2. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
3. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)