|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
2. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
3. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
4. Forster considers what to be the enemy when studying literature?
5. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
2. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
4. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
5. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)