|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Miss Grizzle.
(b) Jonathon Oldbuck.
(d) Edie Ochiltree.
2. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
3. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
4. How does Forster say he would answer the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
Short Answer Questions
1. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
2. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
3. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
4. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)