|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(d) Word masses.
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
(a) Subject matter.
(c) Time period.
(d) Author's names.
4. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) Bleak House.
(d) War and Peace.
5. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
2. What is the name of the book that William George Clark wrote about his time in Spain?
3. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
4. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
5. What is the name of the popular text William George Clark wrote?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)