|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
2. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Anthony Trollope.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) Thomas Hardy.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Mansfield Park.
(d) Bleak House.
4. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
5. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
2. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
3. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
4. What is the silliest way Forster believes there is to classify novels?
5. Whose method with character does Forster believe has been misunderstood?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)