|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
2. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
3. What is the name of the Jane Austen character that Forster uses to illustrate "life like" aspects of characters?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
2. Forster says characters are full of the spirit of what?
3. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
4. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
5. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)