|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
2. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
3. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
4. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
5. William George Clark is best known for being what?
(c) Shakespearean Scholar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
2. Which author does Forster say is a genius with characters who are caricatures?
3. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
4. Forster compares the story as the _________ of the novel.
5. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)