|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. Characters _______ daily life, not coincide with it.
4. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
2. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
3. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
4. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
5. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)