|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) George Meredith.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Conan Doyle.
2. What does Forster believe a good novel is "sogged with"?
3. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
4. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(d) Jean Claude.
5. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
2. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
3. Whose characters does Forster describe as being as "flat as a photograph"?
4. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
5. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)