|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Laurence Sterne.
(c) Samuel Richardson.
(d) Henry James.
3. All writers, regardless of time period or subject matter, write because of what?
4. When comparing plot and drama, Forster visualizes plot as what?
(a) Lowly paid worker.
(b) Grand Dame.
(c) Higher government official.
(d) Queen of England.
5. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The plot.
(b) The story.
(c) The character.
(d) The theme.
Short Answer Questions
1. The test of a round character is whether it is capable of _________ the reader.
2. Which novel does Forster say has a sense of space?
3. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
4. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
5. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)