|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
2. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
3. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
(a) A golfer.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A writer.
4. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
5. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
3. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
4. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
5. William George Clark is best known for being what?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)