|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Antiquary.
(b) The Old Wives' Tale.
(c) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) War and Peace.
2. Which character from the novel Evan Harrington is a good example of a memorable flat character?
(a) Becky Sharp.
(b) The Countess.
(c) The Count of Denmark.
(d) Jane Elliot.
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Birth and death are the what of the five facts of human life?
2. Characters must not spread themselves out too far, but rather should ____________.
3. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
4. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
5. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)