|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
2. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
3. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Samuel Richardson.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Laurence Sterne.
4. In which novel does Forster say that the author bounces the reader around characters?
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Bleak House.
(d) Mansfield Park.
5. What year does Charles Dickens publish Great Expectations?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
2. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
3. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
4. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
5. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)