|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book written by critic Percy Lubbock?
(a) Novel Writing.
(b) The Craft of Fiction.
(c) The Art and Craft of Novel Writing.
(d) Critiques on Fiction.
2. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
(a) Laurence Sterne.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Samuel Richardson.
3. What does Scott accomplish in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
(a) Boring the reader.
(b) Introducing the characters.
(c) Determine the plot.
(d) Setting the scene.
4. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
5. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
(a) Barnaby's Crossing.
(b) The Bishop's Tale.
(c) The Egoist.
(d) Beauchamp's Career.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
2. The story appeals to what is ___________ in people.
3. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
4. Flat characters are seldom used in what type of novels?
5. Forster says that Virginia Woolf is a what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)