|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
2. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
3. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
4. Which author does the critic Percy Lubbock feel does not do a good job with point of view?
5. Forster starts his discussion of round characters with the novel ____________.
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
2. The plot of a novel asks what question?
3. What is the name of the young man in the first sentence of The Antiquary?
4. Who is the second hypothetical person to whom Forster poses the question, "What does a novel do?"
5. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)