|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Works that deal with real people are called what?
2. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
3. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallentry.
(b) The Gallenhalls.
(c) The Glenwoods.
(d) The Glenallans.
4. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
5. Forster considers a novel to be any fictitious prose over __________ words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
2. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
3. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
4. As Forster begins the second section on People, he says that he turns from transplantation of characters to what?
5. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)