|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
2. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
3. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(d) Word masses.
4. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
5. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(a) The Birthmark.
(b) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) Billy Bud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Works that deal with real people are called what?
2. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
3. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
4. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
5. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)