|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
2. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
3. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
4. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
5. Forster says it is wrong to see the __________ in Moby Dick as a symbol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which George Eliot novel does Forster refer to in his discussion of prophecy?
2. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
3. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
4. Which author does Forster refer to as a preacher, not a prophet?
5. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)