|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
(a) The Egoist.
(b) Barnaby's Crossing.
(c) Beauchamp's Career.
(d) The Bishop's Tale.
2. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
3. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
4. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(a) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(b) The Birthmark.
(c) Billy Bud.
5. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(c) Word masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
2. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
3. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
4. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
5. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)