|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
4. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(c) Jean Claude.
5. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
(a) Barnaby's Crossing.
(b) The Bishop's Tale.
(c) Beauchamp's Career.
(d) The Egoist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
2. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
3. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
4. What is the name of the main character in The Brothers Karamazov?
5. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)