|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which George Eliot novel does Forster refer to in his discussion of prophecy?
(b) Adam Bede.
(c) The Mill on the Floss.
(d) Silas Marner.
2. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
3. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Henry James.
(c) George Eliot.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
4. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
5. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
3. What is the name of the main character in Moby Dick?
4. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
5. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)