|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Princess Diana.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Queen Victoria.
2. Which George Eliot novel does Forster refer to in his discussion of prophecy?
(a) Adam Bede.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) The Mill on the Floss.
3. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
(a) Author's imagination.
(b) Secret life.
(d) After life.
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) George Meredith.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Anothony Trollope.
5. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
2. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
3. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
4. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
5. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)