|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
2. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(c) Word masses.
3. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
4. Who is the main character in the George Eliot novel that Forster uses to illustrate prophecy?
5. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Andre Gide.
(b) Anthony Trollope.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
2. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
3. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
4. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
5. When comparing plot and drama, Forster visualizes plot as what?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)