|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
2. Who is the author of Moby Dick?
3. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
4. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
5. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
2. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
3. Forster refers to prophecy as being a(n) _______ in the novelist's voice.
4. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
5. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)