|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Henry James.
(d) George Eliot.
2. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
3. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
4. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
5. The plot of a novel asks what question?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Meredith novel does Forster discuss at length?
2. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
3. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
4. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
5. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)