|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
2. Aristotle said characters give the reader qualities through _________.
3. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
4. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
5. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
2. Which author does Forster refer to as a preacher, not a prophet?
3. The secret lives of people in novels are __________.
4. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
5. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)