|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
2. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(a) Jean Claude.
3. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
4. The plot of a novel asks what question?
5. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Anthony Trollope.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Andre Gide.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
2. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
3. Forster says novelists find death to be ____________.
4. What is the name of the main character in The Brothers Karamazov?
5. What is the thing a novelist should never aim for, but fails if this is not achieved?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)