|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in the George Eliot novel that Forster uses to illustrate prophecy?
2. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
3. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
4. Who is the one living prophetic novelist that Forster names at the time of his lecture series?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Henry James.
(c) George Eliot.
(d) James Joyce.
5. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author does Forster refer to as a preacher, not a prophet?
2. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
3. Which author does Forster say his own priggishness prevents him from enjoying?
4. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
5. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)