|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
2. Who does Forster quote at the end of his discussion on prophecy?
3. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
4. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(a) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(b) Billy Bud.
(d) The Birthmark.
5. What does prophecy require from the reader in addition to a suspension of a sense of humor?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Forster, Moby Dick should be seen as a what?
2. Forster says it is wrong to see the __________ in Moby Dick as a symbol.
3. What is the name of the main character in The Brothers Karamazov?
4. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
5. Which Meredith novel does Forster use to demonstrate a character with a concealed emotion?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)