|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in the George Eliot novel that Forster uses to illustrate prophecy?
2. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Andre Gide.
3. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
4. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
5. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Forster says that permanency is one of the illusions attached to what?
2. Forster says that Meredith was the greatest _____ that English fiction ever produced.
3. What does Forster use as an example of something all humans have that rarely gets mentioned in novels?
4. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
5. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)