|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fictional characters come into the world more like what than human beings?
2. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
(a) Author's imagination.
(b) Secret life.
(c) After life.
3. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
4. A plot requires a reader's intelligence and __________.
5. Works that deal with real people are called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author does Forster refer to when talking about the chaos that prophecy can bring to a novel?
2. In The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, the character is _____________.
3. What is the name of the main character in Moby Dick?
4. Forster wonders how ____ will combine with the "furniture of common sense" when it comes to prophecy.
5. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)