|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the husband Moll loves deeply in the novel?
2. Which one of the following is NOT an author that Forster considers to use prophecy well?
3. When comparing plot and drama, Forster visualizes plot as what?
(a) Higher government official.
(b) Lowly paid worker.
(c) Queen of England.
(d) Grand Dame.
4. In the People section, Forster says that novelists are appealing to more than our _________ when it comes to the characters of a novel.
5. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
(a) George Meredith.
(b) Anothony Trollope.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forster say is one of the lowest of human faculties?
2. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
3. Which author does Forster refer to when talking about the chaos that prophecy can bring to a novel?
4. Who is the author of The Brothers Karamazov?
5. What is the name of the last ship in Moby Dick that Forster thinks is aptly named?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)