|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
2. What is the one short story that Forster discusses in his lectures?
(a) The Birthmark.
(b) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) Billy Bud.
3. Plot represents the _______ in literary work.
4. The historian ______________, while the novelist creates.
5. According to Forster, Moby Dick should be seen as a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in The Brothers Karamazov?
2. Forster says that history is dominated by a sense of what?
3. Who is the author of Moby Dick?
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
5. Who does Forster say has novels with plots that "triumph too completely?"
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)