|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Les Faux Monnayeurs?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Anthony Trollope.
(c) Thomas Hardy.
(d) Andre Gide.
2. Forster quotes George Meredith as saying we must live by the ___________ or the block.
3. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
4. Which George Eliot novel does Forster refer to in his discussion of prophecy?
(a) The Mill on the Floss.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) Adam Bede.
5. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
(b) Jean Claude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
2. Forster believes that happiness and misery exist in the ___________.
3. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
4. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
5. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)