|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up with a plan that compromises the other two plans in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
(d) Dewey Dell.
2. Who is impatient to cross the river with the wagon and get it over with in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
3. Where has Anse gone in Chapter 54: “Peabody”?
(a) To his uncle's house.
(b) To the barber shop.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the bank.
4. Anse continually wonders why he did not think to do what in Chapter 52: “Darl”?
(a) To prepare a will for his wife.
(b) To disinherit his sons.
(c) To get divorced from his wife.
(d) To call ahead and have the grave dug.
5. Who does Armstid say has three to four horses in Chapter 43: “Armstid”?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Samson describe on the wagon in Chapter 29: “Samson”?
2. What does Cash ask about whether it is safe when he is tended to on the riverbank in Chapter 37: “Darl”?
3. Why does the family perceive that Cash is safe in Chapter 37: “Darl”?
4. Which of Addie’s children does Cora tell Addie is her punishment on earth in Chapter 39: “Cora”?
5. Tull describes Anse as looking like what dressed up in Chapter 31: “Tull"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Samson’s opinion of Anse Bundren in Chapter 29: “Samson”? What does Samson offer the family?
2. What symbolism can be seen in Jewel Bundren’s actions in Chapter 36: “Tull”?
3. What elements of the story are foreshadowed in Chapter 49: “Vardaman”?
4. How does Cash react to his pain and injuries in Chapter 44: “Vardaman”? Where does the family stop for medicine?
5. How do Jewel and Cash Bundren differ in their approach to the problem in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
6. How does Dr. Peabody react to Cash’s injury in Chapter 54: “Peabody”?
7. What thoughts occupy Anse Bundren as the family travels in the wagon in Chapter 28: “Anse”?
8. What actions does Reverend Whitfield commit in Chapter 41: “Whitfield”? Why?
9. How are the animals saved from the fire in Chapter 50: “Darl”?
10. What is foreshadowed through Anse’s actions in Chapter 53: “Cash”?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)