|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anse’s new wife carrying as she approaches the wagon in Chapter 59: “Cash”?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gramophone.
(d) A hat box.
2. What does Vardaman ask Darl about the buzzards in Chapter 47: “Vardaman”?
(a) Why they keep following.
(b) What they eat.
(c) What they symbolize.
(d) Where they stay at night.
3. Who is impatient to cross the river with the wagon and get it over with in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
4. The rope that Jewel holds in Chapter 36: “Tull” is compared with what?
(a) A snake.
(b) An iron bar.
(c) A dragon tail.
(d) A blade of lightning.
5. Cash says in Chapter 59: “Cash” that he could have bought a gramophone from whom for $5?
6. How far is the wagon past the mouth of the lane when Jewel approaches on the horse in Chapter 27: "Darl"?
(a) 200 yards.
(b) 50 yards.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) 300 yards.
7. What does Darl describe Cash turning to watch from the wagon in Chapter 27: "Darl"?
8. Who gets angry and insults the black men in Chapter 52: “Darl”?
(d) Dewey Dell.
9. What does Cash ask about whether it is safe when he is tended to on the riverbank in Chapter 37: “Darl”?
(a) His tools.
(b) The wagon.
(c) The mules.
(d) The coffin.
10. Who tends to Cash Bundren on the riverbank in Chapter 37: “Darl”?
(c) Dewey Dell.
11. Who walks across the remains of the bridge as the others prepare to take the wagon across the ford in Chapter 33: “Tull”?
(a) Jewel, Cash, and Dewey Dell.
(b) Cash, Darl, and Jewel.
(c) Tull, Anse, Dewey Dell, and Vardaman.
(d) Cash and Darl.
12. Who comes up with a plan that compromises the other two plans in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
(b) Dewey Dell.
13. Where does Addie describe going on in the afternoon when school was out and the last one had left in Chapter 40: “Addie”?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the apple tree.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the spring.
14. Anse exclaims to Addie that she’s lucky why in Chapter 58: “Dewey Dell”?
(a) That her parents had died.
(b) That she died.
(c) That she had money.
(d) That she divorced him.
15. Cash’s principle concern in Chapter 42: “Darl” is for the safety of what?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His tools.
(d) The coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepares to take the wagon across the ford as the others walk over the remains of the bridge in Chapter 33: “Tull”?
2. Whose barn are the Bundrens preparing to spend the night at in Chapter 48: “Darl”?
3. Who is afraid to make the return trip after crossing the remains of the bridge in Chapter 33: “Tull”?
4. What word from Chapter 41: “Whitfield” means having unlimited power?
5. What are Dewey Dell and Vardaman eating in the wagon in Chapter 59: “Cash”?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)