|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dewey Dell imagine herself sitting in the wagon in Chapter 30: “Dewey Dell”?
2. Who does Reverend Whitfield imagine going to confess his sin to in Chapter 41: “Whitfield”?
3. What word from Chapter 27: "Darl" means tending to induce sleep?
4. Armstid says in Chapter 43: “Armstid” that Jewel Bundren went to get Dr. Peabody but he was gone to Inverness, so who came back with Jewel?
(b) Uncle Billy.
5. Samson believes that Anse's stubbornness is a byproduct of what?
(a) His ambition.
(b) His laziness.
(c) His guilt.
(d) His arrogance.
6. Who does Vardaman find on Addie’s coffin, crying, in Chapter 51: “Vardaman”?
(d) Dewey Dell.
7. Cash says in Chapter 59: “Cash” that he could have bought a gramophone from whom for $5?
8. Who gets angry and insults the black men in Chapter 52: “Darl”?
(b) Dewey Dell.
9. Dr. Peabody says in Chapter 54: “Peabody” that he can see how a man in a tight spot might let who patch him up?
(a) Bill Varner.
(b) Walter Sanders.
(d) Jake Jackson.
10. What word from Chapter 27: "Darl" means denying the validity or truth of something?
11. Darl claims in Chapter 57: “Darl” that a nickel has a woman on one side and what on the other?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dime.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A buffalo.
12. Tull describes Anse as looking like what dressed up in Chapter 31: “Tull"?
(a) An old man.
(b) An uncurried horse.
(c) A weathered goat.
(d) A scarecrow.
13. Samson claims in Chapter 29: “Samson” that he does not believe there is a bridge between them and where?
(a) The Mouth of the Mississippi.
(b) The border of Arkansas.
(c) The Mouth of Ishatawa.
(d) The border of Tennessee.
14. How far does the sign say that New Hope Church is in Chapter 27: "Darl"?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Four miles.
15. What does Vardaman ask Darl about the buzzards in Chapter 47: “Vardaman”?
(a) Why they keep following.
(b) Where they stay at night.
(c) What they symbolize.
(d) What they eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to break the cast off Cash’s leg in Chapter 51: “Vardaman”?
2. Who is afraid to make the return trip after crossing the remains of the bridge in Chapter 33: “Tull”?
3. Who is impatient to cross the river with the wagon and get it over with in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
4. Who suggests taking Cash to Peabody's in Chapter 59: “Cash”?
5. What follows the Bundrens’ wagon as they travel in Chapter 44: “Vardaman”?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)