|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mack and Gillespie use to cover the animals’ eyes in Chapter 50: “Darl”?
(a) Grain sacks.
(b) Rain jackets.
(c) Flour sacks.
(d) Their nightshirts.
2. What does Darl keep doing as he is put on the train in Chapter 57: “Darl”?
3. Anse claims in Chapter 28: "Anse" that there is nowhere in this world that an honest, hardworking man can do what?
(a) Find a wife.
(c) Lose money.
(d) Get a job.
4. Whose house do the Bundrens arrive at in Chapter 42: “Darl”?
5. What does Anse describe washing up on the Lord's earth for eight years in Chapter 28: "Anse"?
(a) Swamp water.
6. Who drops off Anse's mules in the end of Chapter 43: “Armstid”?
(a) Mary Snopes.
(b) Paula Wilson.
(c) Pat Anderson.
(d) Eustace Grimm.
7. Who comes up with a plan that compromises the other two plans in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
(b) Dewey Dell.
8. Dr. Peabody says in Chapter 54: “Peabody” that he can see how a man in a tight spot might let who patch him up?
(a) Jake Jackson.
(b) Walter Sanders.
(c) Bill Varner.
9. Of the men who accompany Darl on the train in Chapter 57: “Darl,” says they are riding on the state’s money which is referred to as what?
10. Who is afraid to make the return trip after crossing the remains of the bridge in Chapter 33: “Tull”?
11. Vardaman says that Jewel does not have what anymore in Chapter 47: “Vardaman”?
(a) A horse.
(b) A father.
12. MacGowan says all the doctors in town are gone where to a Barbers’ Convention in Chapter 55: “MacGowan”?
(b) Little Rock.
13. Where is Addie’s coffin carried and placed in the beginning of Chapter 51: “Vardaman”?
(a) Under a willow tree.
(b) Under an apple tree.
(c) Under an oak tree.
(d) Next to the church.
14. What is carried away in the current in Chapter 35: “Vardaman”?
(a) The mules.
(b) The wagon wheels.
(c) The coffin.
(d) Cora's cakes.
15. Which of Addie's children was born as a result of an affair she had?
(c) Dewey Dell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the sign say that New Hope Church is in Chapter 27: "Darl"?
2. How many square inches of skin does Dr. Peabody say Cash will lose in getting the cast off in Chapter 54: “Peabody”?
3. Samson believes that Anse's stubbornness is a byproduct of what?
4. Who tells Vardaman that Addie told him to hide her away from the sight of man in Chapter 49: “Vardaman”?
5. What is notable about the ending of Chapter 38: “Cash”?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)