|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dewey Dell imagine herself sitting in the wagon in Chapter 30: “Dewey Dell”?
2. Who comes to the door at the drug store when Dewey Dell knocks in Chapter 56: “Vardaman”?
3. What do Mack and Gillespie use to cover the animals’ eyes in Chapter 50: “Darl”?
(a) Flour sacks.
(b) Grain sacks.
(c) Rain jackets.
(d) Their nightshirts.
4. What word from Chapter 27: "Darl" means tending to induce sleep?
5. What does Vardaman ask Darl about the buzzards in Chapter 47: “Vardaman”?
(a) Why they keep following.
(b) What they eat.
(c) Where they stay at night.
(d) What they symbolize.
6. What do the Bundrens do to relieve Cash of the heat in his leg in Chapter 48: “Darl”?
(a) Take him to a hospital.
(b) Put him in a cold bathtub.
(c) Put ice on the leg.
(d) Pour water over the cast.
7. What word from Chapter 41: “Whitfield” means having unlimited power?
8. While the family is at Peabody’s, Anse says he is going where in Chapter 59: “Cash”?
(a) To the chapel.
(b) To the bakery.
(c) To the funeral home.
(d) To the barber.
9. Where does Cash gather willow leaves to clean a mud stain from the wagon in Chapter 27: "Darl"?
10. Who comes up with a plan that compromises the other two plans in Chapter 34: “Darl”?
(b) Dewey Dell.
11. Anse Bundren says in Chapter 58: “Dewey Dell” that his own daughter accuses him of being a what?
12. Who does Reverend Whitfield imagine going to confess his sin to in Chapter 41: “Whitfield”?
13. Who saves Addie’s coffin from the fire in Chapter 50: “Darl”?
14. Why does the family perceive that Cash is safe in Chapter 37: “Darl”?
(a) Because he is overcoming his dehydration.
(b) Because it is the same leg that was previously broken.
(c) Because he only sprained a wrist.
(d) Because he no longer owes everyone money.
15. What is Anse’s new wife carrying as she approaches the wagon in Chapter 59: “Cash”?
(a) A gramophone.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A hat box.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Addie says in Chapter 40: “Addie” that she could remember how her father used to say that the reason for living was what?
2. Samson believes that Anse's stubbornness is a byproduct of what?
3. Who suggests it was the hand of God that brought the log in Chapter 36: “Tull”?
4. Who is afraid to make the return trip after crossing the remains of the bridge in Chapter 33: “Tull”?
5. What word from Chapter 27: "Darl" means denying the validity or truth of something?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)