|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
2. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
3. Meir walks with Elisha until they reach the boundary which marks what?
4. What has Demonax studied all available information on for years and found nothing to use?
5. What vow does Elisha make to Manto before she dies in his arms?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Manto is so casual about picking another human slave? Why is Elisha so disturbed by the process of human trade? Compare Manto's behavior with a similar behavior in American history. Draw conclusions about the nature of subjugating another human being and how this affects the human race.
Essay Topic 2
The grand thematic struggle is between faith and reason and mostly exemplified by Elisha's character. Can faith and reason work together or are they fundamentally different principles? Discuss how Elisha is affected by the struggle between choosing faith and reason. Provide two examples of the conflict between faith and reason found in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Within As a Driven Leaf, a lot of promises are made and broken. Choose a side and argue whether or not promises should ever be broken. Cite three examples from the book that deal with promises to back up the argument.
This section contains 1,316 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)