Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meir tell Elisha about what the Sanhedrin has done?
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
3. What causes Charicles to change his mind about Elisha?
4. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
5. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
Essay Topic 1
During Elisha's circumcision, Abuyah, Elisha's father, acts rudely toward the Jewish faith and custom. The congregation is incensed and two rabbis discuss whether or not Elisha will be affected by his father's actions. Does every soul create its own destiny like Rabbi Joshua believes? Or, is the other Rabbi who says Abuyah's actions will have an effect on Elisha, closer to the truth? What about the conclusion of the novel? Does Elisha's life seem to have been affected by his father's beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Within As a Driven Leaf, a lot of promises are made and broken. Choose a side and argue whether or not promises should ever be broken. Cite three examples from the book that deal with promises to back up the argument.
Essay Topic 3
The Jews as a community are facing persecution by the Romans but also must deal with divisions within their own community. Is it important for the Jewish members to speak and act as one, or should multiple voices and opinions be heard? Should the Sanhedrin operate by unanimous decision or by majority rule? Can every voice be heard equally?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)