Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meir tell Elisha about what the Sanhedrin has done?
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
3. What causes Charicles to change his mind about Elisha?
4. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
5. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
Essay Topic 1
In As a Driven Leaf, Deborah and Elisha are betrothed according to Jewish tradition. What similarities is their marriage based on? Find other couples and marriages in the book. What similarities are their relationships based on? Compare and contrast at least two relationships. Support your examples with material from the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Elisha moves to Antioch, his whole lifestyle completely changes. How does Elisha handle his new life? Should he be more accepting or reserved concerning the Greek lifestyle he is being quickly caught up in? Contrast the community of Antioch with the Jewish community of Elisha's youth.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Elisha's life seems to be improving. He has success and good friends and financial security. However, is Elisha truly happy? What would make Elisha happier? Does happiness lie in material possessions, or in something else? Cite three examples to support a workable definition of happiness that applies to the themes of As a Driven Leaf.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)