Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meir tell Elisha about what the Sanhedrin has done?
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
3. What causes Charicles to change his mind about Elisha?
4. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
5. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
During Elisha's circumcision, Abuyah, Elisha's father, acts rudely toward the Jewish faith and custom. The congregation is incensed and two rabbis discuss whether or not Elisha will be affected by his father's actions. Does every soul create its own destiny like Rabbi Joshua believes? Or, is the other Rabbi who says Abuyah's actions will have an effect on Elisha, closer to the truth? What about the conclusion of the novel? Does Elisha's life seem to have been affected by his father's beliefs?
Why do you think Manto is so casual about picking another human slave? Why is Elisha so disturbed by the process of human trade? Compare Manto's behavior with a similar behavior in American history. Draw conclusions about the nature of subjugating another human being and how this affects the human race.
In As a Driven Leaf, Deborah and Elisha are betrothed according to Jewish tradition. What similarities is their marriage based on? Find other couples and marriages in the book. What similarities are their relationships based on? Compare and contrast at least two relationships. Support your examples with material from the book.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)