|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(b) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
(c) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(d) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
2. What does Elisha tell Meir about faith and reason?
(a) Reason is more important than faith.
(b) Faith is more important than reason.
(c) Faith and reason coexist and comingle.
(d) Faith is the nemesis of reason.
3. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be lepers.
(b) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(c) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(d) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
4. How do the great sages go to their deaths?
(a) Cursing Elisha for his hand in their demise.
(b) Knowing that they cannot save the Jewish faith.
(c) With dignity, displaying their great faith.
(d) While pleading for thier lives, and renouncing their religion.
5. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(a) The librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
2. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
3. How can Elisha's life be described?
4. How does Elisha feel about the Greek literature he has learned in his first three years in Antioch?
5. What causes Charicles to change his mind about Elisha?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)