|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Akiba and Elisha not speak when they meet?
(a) Elisha is upset that Akiba did not stand by him in Israel.
(b) Akiba hates Elisha for what he did in Israel.
(c) Akiba and Elisha have no interest in each other.
(d) Akiba honors the commands of the ex-communication.
2. What causes Charicles to change his mind about Elisha?
(a) Charicles never changes his mind about Elisha.
(b) A Rabbi tells Charicles who Elisha is.
(c) Charicles realizes that Elisha is a Rabbi.
(d) He hears Elisha speak.
3. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(c) The librarian.
4. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(b) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(c) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
(d) They pretend to be lepers.
5. What happens to Elisha's grave?
(a) The gravestone is removed.
(b) It is destroyed by Roman soldiers.
(c) Elisha's grave is moved to Meir's town cemetery.
(d) Lightning strikes Elisha's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charicles say about Euclid?
2. Where has Rufus erected his headquarters?
3. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
4. What feeling does Elisha experiences after his conversation with Charicles?
5. What do the Roman reinforcements bring with them?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)