|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(b) He has the sages executed.
(c) The commander does not change his orders.
(d) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
2. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(d) Because Elisha is a Greek.
3. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(c) Uncle Amram.
4. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(b) Go home to their families.
(c) Gladly leave.
(d) Stay and fight.
5. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
2. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
4. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
5. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Antiphanes and Elisha attend all the lectures and symposia offered in Antioch?
2. In Part One, Chapter XX, what advice does Nicholaus give to Elisha about Elisha's obsession with Greek literature?
3. In Part One, Chapter V, how did Elisha feel about attending the Sanhedrin for the first time?
4. Why does Pappas tell Elisha that he may move with him to Antioch?
5. In Part One, Chapter X, does Elisha seem happy? Why?
6. What is the job of the Sanhedrin?
7. How does Shraga treat Elisha when they're working on the merchant's court case together?
8. What do the two famous sages, Eliezer and Joshua, discuss at Elisha's circumcision ceremony?
9. How does Elisha handle his new life in Antioch?
10. Why did the merchant's business suffer after taking his case to the Roman courts?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)