|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Gladly leave.
(b) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(c) Stay and fight.
(d) Go home to their families.
2. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(b) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(c) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(d) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
3. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Five Years.
(b) Two Years.
(c) Thirteen Years.
(d) Fourteen Years.
4. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(b) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(c) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(d) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
5. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(b) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(c) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(d) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
2. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
3. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
4. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
5. Who is the leader of the rebels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does one rabbi give the opinion that wisdom cannot be found in pagan literature?
2. Why are Akiba and the two Simeons uncomfortable talking to Elisha about Greek literature?
3. What does the delegation of the local Jews want to know about Elisha?
4. In Part One, Chapter V, how did Elisha feel about attending the Sanhedrin for the first time?
5. What is the job of the Sanhedrin?
6. In Part One, Chapter XX, what advice does Nicholaus give to Elisha about Elisha's obsession with Greek literature?
7. In the Prologue, what do the sages debate over and what do they decide?
8. Why was Elisha and Deborah's marriage pre-arranged by Amram?
9. Why did the merchant's business suffer after taking his case to the Roman courts?
10. After the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin, what did Joshua do?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)