|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
(b) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
(c) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
(d) That everything is okay.
3. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(d) The Home of Pappas.
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His grandparents died.
(c) His father died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
5. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That there is no God.
(b) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
(c) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(d) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
2. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
4. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
5. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Elisha and Deborah's marriage pre-arranged by Amram?
2. In the Prologue, what do the sages debate over and what do they decide?
3. What do you think Abuyah means by his dying words to Elisha?
4. Who does Elisha turn to after sharing his thoughts with Deborah, and why?
5. How does Elisha respond to the death of Beruriah and Meir's children?
6. Why is Elisha fascinated by Akiba when he meets him?
7. In Part One, Chapter X, does Elisha seem happy? Why?
8. In Part One, Chapter XX, what advice does Nicholaus give to Elisha about Elisha's obsession with Greek literature?
9. Do you think Elisha manipulated his friends to study Greek literature for his own purposes?
10. After the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin, what did Joshua do?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)