|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
(b) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(c) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(d) His own feelings of bloodlust.
2. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine businesses close down.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine mourns.
(d) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(b) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(c) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(d) He ignores their deaths.
4. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
(a) Pappas tells Elisha how ashamed of Elisha he is for running away.
(b) Pappas refuses to let Elisha in his home unless he accepts God.
(c) He is welcomed warmly.
(d) He arrives to find Pappas does not recognize Elisha.
5. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
(a) Rebuilt the Temple.
(b) Built a government based on Greek law.
(c) Devised new methods to counteract the Sanhedrin.
(d) Helped him learn more Greek knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
2. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
3. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
4. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
5. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elisha unjustly brought to court for sentencing?
2. Why is Manto so casual about buying another human slave?
3. Why does Pappas tell Elisha that he may move with him to Antioch?
4. Who does Elisha turn to after sharing his thoughts with Deborah, and why?
5. What did Elisha drop in his Jewish academy class?
6. What do the two famous sages, Eliezer and Joshua, discuss at Elisha's circumcision ceremony?
7. Do you think Shraga is right to rebel against the Roman government and fight for his beliefs?
8. What do you think Abuyah means by his dying words to Elisha?
9. Do you think Elisha manipulated his friends to study Greek literature for his own purposes?
10. How does Shraga treat Elisha when they're working on the merchant's court case together?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)