|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(c) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(d) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
2. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
3. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
(b) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(c) Meir and the two Simeons.
(d) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
4. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
(b) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
(c) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
(d) He no longer believes in god.
5. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(b) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(c) He ignores their deaths.
(d) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
2. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
4. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter X, does Elisha seem happy? Why?
2. How does Simeon ben Azzai die?
3. Elisha sees a young boy climbing a tree for bird eggs. What happens to the little boy and how does it affect Elisha?
4. What does the delegation of the local Jews want to know about Elisha?
5. In Part One, Chapter V, how did Elisha feel about attending the Sanhedrin for the first time?
6. Who does Elisha turn to after sharing his thoughts with Deborah, and why?
7. What does Nicholaus, Elisha's tutor, look like?
8. Why is Manto so casual about buying another human slave?
9. How does Elisha respond to the death of Beruriah and Meir's children?
10. Do you think Elisha manipulated his friends to study Greek literature for his own purposes?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)