|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Samuel and Solomon.
(b) Uriah and Pariah.
(c) Saul and Samuel.
(d) Sarah and Samuel.
3. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
(a) The phonology of religion with Justin.
(b) The methodology of religion with Justin.
(c) The morphology of religion with Justin.
(d) The syntax of religion with Justin.
4. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is moving to Antioch.
(b) That he loves Deborah.
(c) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is laughed out of court.
(b) It is adopted and set into motion.
(c) It is voted down.
(d) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
2. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
3. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
5. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elisha respond to the death of Beruriah and Meir's children?
2. Why is Elisha unjustly brought to court for sentencing?
3. Which friend of Elisha's is better at processing the Greek literature than the other two? Why?
4. What is the job of the Sanhedrin?
5. Why is Elisha fascinated by Akiba when he meets him?
6. Why was Elisha and Deborah's marriage pre-arranged by Amram?
7. Why is Manto so casual about buying another human slave?
8. What did Manto make Elisha vow to do, as she lay dying in his arms?
9. Why does Demonax refuse to take on Elisha as a student, and what consolation does he offer to Elisha?
10. Why does the bloody spectacle not humor the Romans?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)