|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(b) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(c) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(d) She insists they take a week off.
2. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
(b) The ways of business and estate management.
(c) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(d) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
3. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(b) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(c) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(d) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
4. Who is the leader of the rebels?
(a) Maximus of Tarsus.
(b) Saul of Tarsus.
(c) Julianus of Tarsus.
(d) Rabbi Joshua of Tarsus.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is voted down.
(b) It is laughed out of court.
(c) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(d) It is adopted and set into motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
2. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
3. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
4. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
5. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Demonax refuse to take on Elisha as a student, and what consolation does he offer to Elisha?
2. What is symbolic about Meir choosing to not walk with Elisha past the boundary where Jews are not allowed to cross on the Sabbath?
3. Why did the merchant's business suffer after taking his case to the Roman courts?
4. What do the two famous sages, Eliezer and Joshua, discuss at Elisha's circumcision ceremony?
5. What do you think Abuyah means by his dying words to Elisha?
6. Why do Elisha and Manto hide their mutual love from Rufus, Manto's benefactor?
7. Why is Elisha unjustly brought to court for sentencing?
8. Why does Akiba refuse to speak to Elisha when they see each other on the road?
9. In Part One, Chapter VI, what does Uncle Amram teach Elisha about his estate?
10. Elisha sees a young boy climbing a tree for bird eggs. What happens to the little boy and how does it affect Elisha?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)