|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(d) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
2. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(b) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(c) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(d) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(c) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(d) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
4. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Uriah and Pariah.
(b) Saul and Samuel.
(c) Sarah and Samuel.
(d) Samuel and Solomon.
5. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
2. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
3. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
4. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
5. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simeon ben Azzai die?
2. Why is Elisha unjustly brought to court for sentencing?
3. Why do Antiphanes and Elisha attend all the lectures and symposia offered in Antioch?
4. Why does Pappas tell Elisha that he may move with him to Antioch?
5. How does Elisha handle his new life in Antioch?
6. Why does Elisha seek out the Christians and Gnostics?
7. Why are Akiba and the two Simeons uncomfortable talking to Elisha about Greek literature?
8. Do you think Shraga is right to rebel against the Roman government and fight for his beliefs?
9. What does Nicholaus, Elisha's tutor, look like?
10. Why do you think Deborah is not comfortable around Meir and his wife Beruriah?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)