|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(b) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
(c) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
(d) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
2. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
(b) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(c) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(d) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
3. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
(b) That there is no God.
(c) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
(d) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
4. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(c) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(d) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Two Years.
(b) Five Years.
(c) Thirteen Years.
(d) Fourteen Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
3. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
4. Who is the leader of the rebels?
5. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elisha unjustly brought to court for sentencing?
2. In Part One, Chapter V, how did Elisha feel about attending the Sanhedrin for the first time?
3. What did Elisha drop in his Jewish academy class?
4. Why does Elisha decide not to reveal the names of the new rabbis to Rufus?
5. Do you think Elisha manipulated his friends to study Greek literature for his own purposes?
6. What does the delegation of the local Jews want to know about Elisha?
7. How does Shraga treat Elisha when they're working on the merchant's court case together?
8. In Part One, Chapter XX, what advice does Nicholaus give to Elisha about Elisha's obsession with Greek literature?
9. Why do you think Deborah is not comfortable around Meir and his wife Beruriah?
10. In Part One, Chapter X, does Elisha seem happy? Why?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)