|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Rabbi Peter's home.
(b) Akiba's house.
(c) Uncle Amram's estate.
(d) Their own estate.
2. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(b) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(d) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
3. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(b) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(c) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(d) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
4. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
(a) Meir and Beruriah mock Elisha for his educational background.
(b) They tell Elisha that they can no longer see him.
(c) He lacks the proper education to study Greek literature well.
(d) They tell him that the Sanhedrin will indict him.
5. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(b) He ignores their deaths.
(c) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(d) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
4. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
5. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elisha drop in his Jewish academy class?
2. What secret does Elisha tell Beruriah, and why?
3. How does Simeon ben Azzai die?
4. What do the two famous sages, Eliezer and Joshua, discuss at Elisha's circumcision ceremony?
5. Why is Elisha unjustly brought to court for sentencing?
6. In Part One, Chapter V, how did Elisha feel about attending the Sanhedrin for the first time?
7. How does Shraga treat Elisha when they're working on the merchant's court case together?
8. Why does Julianus of Tarsus encourage the Jews to fight?
9. Why is Manto so casual about buying another human slave?
10. Why did the merchant's business suffer after taking his case to the Roman courts?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)