|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
(a) No one is caught.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are praised.
(d) No one in the book practices Jewish traditions and teachings.
2. What has Demonax studied all available information on for years and found nothing to use?
(c) Business management.
(d) Greek literature.
3. What happens to Elisha's grave?
(a) Elisha's grave is moved to Meir's town cemetery.
(b) It is destroyed by Roman soldiers.
(c) Lightning strikes Elisha's grave.
(d) The gravestone is removed.
4. How are the conditions of the jail described to Elisha?
(b) Royal and plush.
(d) Fair conditions.
5. Where do Elisha and Pappas go to meet with Rufus?
(d) The Sanhedrin.
6. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(d) The librarian.
7. What is Elisha's great undoing?
(a) His reasoned certainty that life is easy.
(b) His unwavering faith.
(c) His conversation with Charicles.
(d) His unwillingness to compromise his views.
8. Whose voice does Elisha recognize discussing cases in Jewish Law?
(d) Judah ben Sira's.
9. What has Akiba predicted about the Roman Empire?
(a) The Roman Empire will someday fall.
(b) The Roman Empire will destroy the Jewsish faith.
(c) The Roman Empire will never fall.
(d) The Roman Empire will change some day.
10. What is the strength of the Jewish faith expected to outlast?
(a) The war against the Jews.
(b) The Jews who practice it.
(c) The vast studies and wisdom of the Romans and Greeks.
(d) The paganism practiced by the Romans.
11. Why does Elisha return to Antioch?
(a) To attend the funeral of his good friend, Pappas.
(b) To ask Pappas for forgiveness.
(c) To complete his studies.
(d) To end the war, and free his people.
12. What happens when Meir and Elisha part ways?
(a) Elisha watches Meir walk away until he can no longer be seen.
(b) Meir walks on with Elisha.
(c) Meir watches Elisha walk away until he can no longer be seen.
(d) Meir swears to never tell a soul about seeing Elisha.
13. Where does Elisha go to begin his work for the Romans?
(a) The library.
14. When does Elisha leave the arena?
(a) The next day when the attendants find him.
(b) Elisha leaves only when the harlot tells him to.
(c) After the first killing.
(d) Before the executions.
15. What can Meir see in his old master's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
2. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
3. Meir walks with Elisha until they reach the boundary which marks what?
4. What has Elisha based his entire life and course of studies on?
5. Who does Elisha encounter on the road to Caesarea?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)