Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meir tell Elisha about what the Sanhedrin has done?
(a) That the Sanhedrin is meeting again.
(b) The Sanhedrin has been disbanded.
(c) They revoked Elisha's miscommunication.
(d) They were destroyed by Romans.
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
(a) The weather.
(b) The structure of Roman architecture.
(c) That Elisha is helping the Romans.
(d) That Elisha has grown so wise and strong in his faith.
3. What causes Charicles to change his mind about Elisha?
(a) He hears Elisha speak.
(b) Charicles realizes that Elisha is a Rabbi.
(c) Charicles never changes his mind about Elisha.
(d) A Rabbi tells Charicles who Elisha is.
4. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
(a) The headquarters of Rufus.
(b) The home of Pappas.
(c) The library.
(d) The Sanhedrin.
5. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
(a) Strongly reprimands Elisha.
(b) Doesn't realize Elisha has deceived him.
(c) Arrests only Elisha.
(d) Arrests Elisha and Pappas.
6. How long does the siege on Bethar last?
(a) It never ends.
(b) Three years.
(c) The siege never takes place.
(d) Four years.
7. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
(a) To see if he will take Elisha on as a student.
(b) To see if Demonax is as superior as he claims.
(c) To try and convert Demonax.
(d) To arrest Demonax and take him to the proper authorities.
8. What does Elisha realize about the peddlers as they sing their wares?
(a) Peddlers are incoherent babblers.
(b) Messages are being sent in Hebrew.
(c) They will cheat everyone out of their money.
(d) They love to sing lullabies.
9. As Elisha and Pappas travel back through the lands of their birth, what do they find has become of their homes?
(a) Roman soldiers now occupy them.
(b) They have been destroyed.
(c) They are no loger welcomed because no one knows them anymore.
(d) New families live there, and not much else has changed.
10. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
(a) To jail.
(b) To Rufus.
(c) To the home of Nicholaus, who cares for him.
(d) To the home of Pappas, who has been executed.
11. Whose voice does Elisha recognize discussing cases in Jewish Law?
(a) Judah ben Sira's.
12. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(b) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(c) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(d) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
13. Why does Elisha return to Antioch?
(a) To attend the funeral of his good friend, Pappas.
(b) To complete his studies.
(c) To ask Pappas for forgiveness.
(d) To end the war, and free his people.
14. Who brings Elisha the news that Manto is dying?
(d) Manto's maid.
15. As Meir is weeping at Elisha's grave, how does Meir remember Elisha?
(a) As the old man who caused so much suffering.
(b) With contempt and malice for his betrayal.
(c) With remorse and sympathy for his lost faith.
(d) With love and regret that Elisha's dreams had to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elisha and Pappas go to meet with Rufus?
2. How do the great sages go to their deaths?
3. What did Meir fight for concerning Elisha's death?
4. What does Charicles say about Euclid?
5. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)