|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(a) Rabbi Joshua.
(b) The Roman Cavalry.
(c) The Sanhedrin.
2. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Slams his fingers in the door.
(b) Trips over a student.
(c) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
(d) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(c) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(d) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He is embarrassed by her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is disappointed.
5. What is the origin of Theo's name?
6. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(b) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(c) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(d) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
7. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(b) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(c) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(d) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
8. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(b) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(c) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(d) The case is already settled.
9. What is the name of Meir's wife?
10. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His father died.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His grandparents died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
11. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
(b) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
(c) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(d) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
12. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(b) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
(c) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(d) The two Simeons.
13. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine mourns.
(b) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(c) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(d) Palestine businesses close down.
14. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(a) Judea and Galilee.
15. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
2. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
3. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
4. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)