|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Samuel and Solomon.
(b) Uriah and Pariah.
(c) Saul and Samuel.
(d) Sarah and Samuel.
3. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
(a) The phonology of religion with Justin.
(b) The methodology of religion with Justin.
(c) The morphology of religion with Justin.
(d) The syntax of religion with Justin.
4. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is moving to Antioch.
(b) That he loves Deborah.
(c) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is laughed out of court.
(b) It is adopted and set into motion.
(c) It is voted down.
(d) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
6. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
(a) Elisha becomes a Bishop.
(b) Elisha leaves his wife.
(c) Elisha moves to Italy.
(d) Elisha is ordained as a Rabbi.
7. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(b) The Home of Pappas.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
8. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine mourns.
(b) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(c) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(d) Palestine businesses close down.
9. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(b) She insists they take a week off.
(c) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(d) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
10. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(b) Uncle Amram.
11. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) He needs to study harder.
(b) He must quit studying.
(c) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(d) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
12. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(c) Uncle Amram.
13. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
(a) He claims he no longer trusts in God.
(b) The host arrives completely drunk.
(c) The host kills the other Simeon.
(d) Simeon ben Azzai says he is ready to meet God and dies in their arms.
14. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
15. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(b) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(c) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
(d) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
2. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
3. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
4. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
5. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)