|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is laughed out of court.
(b) It is adopted and set into motion.
(c) It is voted down.
(d) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
2. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Trips over a student.
(b) Slams his fingers in the door.
(c) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
(d) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
3. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Joseph and Josiah.
(c) Meir's children.
(d) Deborah and her servant girl.
4. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(b) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(c) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(d) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
5. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(c) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(d) She insists they take a week off.
6. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(d) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
7. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(b) Rabbis and sages.
(c) Hedonistic and self centered.
(d) Polite and well educated.
8. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Uriah and Pariah.
(b) Sarah and Samuel.
(c) Saul and Samuel.
(d) Samuel and Solomon.
9. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(a) Uncle Amram.
10. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(a) Very proud.
11. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(c) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(d) Zion, a young rabbi.
12. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Two Years.
(b) Five Years.
(c) Fourteen Years.
(d) Thirteen Years.
13. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) That everything is okay.
(b) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
(c) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
(d) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
14. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is in love with Pappas.
(b) That she is warm and genuine.
(c) That she is very temperamental.
(d) That she values wealth more than friendship.
15. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
(a) Helped him learn more Greek knowledge.
(b) Devised new methods to counteract the Sanhedrin.
(c) Rebuilt the Temple.
(d) Built a government based on Greek law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
2. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)