|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) The commander does not change his orders.
(b) He has the sages executed.
(c) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(d) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
2. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
(b) The Sanhedrin.
(d) The Roman cavalry.
3. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
(a) A magician.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) His old tutor.
4. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(b) That there is no God.
(c) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
(d) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
5. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
6. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) She has married an awful husband.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She should run away with him.
(d) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
7. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
(a) To not believe anything they are taught in the academy.
(b) To listen carefully to their teacher and the rabbis.
(d) To study Greek and Roman literature as much as they can.
8. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
(a) The prospect of fighting a war.
(b) That they might completely overpower the Romans in this battle.
(c) That everyone has lost faith in God.
(d) The idea that no one is willing to fight for their beliefs.
9. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
10. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
(b) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(c) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(d) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
11. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(b) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(c) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(d) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
12. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
13. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He ignores their deaths.
(b) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(c) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(d) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
14. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
(a) Manto tells Elisha that Rufus is planning on killing him.
(b) They discuss the arena where men and lions kill each other.
(c) Elisha tells Manto he must leave Antioch.
(d) They consummate their love for one another.
15. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(a) The business of human trading.
(b) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
(d) Advanced Greek grammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
2. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
3. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
4. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
5. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)