|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(b) Uncle Amram.
2. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) An expensive lamp.
(b) A Greek book.
(c) A ring.
(d) Old, ancient scrolls.
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(b) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(d) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
4. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(a) The business of human trading.
(b) Advanced Greek grammer.
(d) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
5. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(b) He ignores their deaths.
(c) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(d) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
6. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) She has married an awful husband.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(d) She should run away with him.
7. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is very temperamental.
(b) That she is warm and genuine.
(c) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(d) That she is in love with Pappas.
8. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
(a) That the Temple has been completed.
(b) That the Romans have banned Jews from working on the Temple.
(c) That Meir has died in a horrible accident.
(d) That Elisha's wife has been injured.
9. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
(b) To listen carefully to their teacher and the rabbis.
(c) To not believe anything they are taught in the academy.
(d) To study Greek and Roman literature as much as they can.
10. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
(a) Some of Elisha's friendships have begun to dissolve.
(b) Elisha's sanity has completely left.
(c) Elisha's marriage has begun to disintegrate.
(d) Elisha's stores of money have dissolved.
11. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
12. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The Grecian court.
(b) The Roman court.
(c) The Elysian court.
(d) The merchant drops the case.
13. What is the name of Meir's wife?
14. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
(c) Greek and Roman mythology.
15. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(b) He needs to study harder.
(c) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
(d) He must quit studying.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
2. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
3. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
4. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
5. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)