|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he does not believe in God.
(b) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(c) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(d) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
2. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is adopted and set into motion.
(b) It is laughed out of court.
(c) It is voted down.
(d) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
3. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
(b) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(c) The commander does not change his orders.
(d) He has the sages executed.
4. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
(a) Elisha's stores of money have dissolved.
(b) Elisha's marriage has begun to disintegrate.
(c) Elisha's sanity has completely left.
(d) Some of Elisha's friendships have begun to dissolve.
5. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
(b) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(c) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
(d) Meir and the two Simeons.
6. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(c) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Uncle Amram.
7. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(b) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
8. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(b) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(c) He ignores their deaths.
(d) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
9. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(a) Uncle Amram.
10. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A small girl dying on the street.
(b) A magician doing magic tricks.
(c) A washerwoman break her leg.
(d) A temple being built.
11. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(c) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(d) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
12. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
(a) Be tutored by Antiphanes.
(b) Flee before his troubles worsen.
(c) Go back to Israel and stand trial.
(d) Refuse to oppose the Sanhedrin.
13. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Slams his fingers in the door.
(b) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
(c) Trips over a student.
(d) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
14. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(b) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
(c) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(d) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
15. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(c) The Home of Pappas.
(d) The Red Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
3. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
4. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
5. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)