|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
2. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
(b) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
(c) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(d) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
3. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) That they burn all Greek literature.
(b) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(c) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(d) Studying it could help counter debate.
4. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(d) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
5. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Joshua.
(b) Uncle Amram.
(c) Rabbi Peter.
6. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
7. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
(b) She is happily married to Rufus.
(c) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(d) She does not love him.
8. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(b) The ways of business and estate management.
(c) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
9. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(a) His wife, Deborah.
(c) His father.
(d) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
10. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(c) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(d) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
11. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
(a) The Roman government.
(b) A delegation of local Jews.
(c) A delegation of Jewish rebels.
(d) A gathering of Christian rebels.
12. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
13. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Thirteen Years.
(b) Fourteen Years.
(c) Five Years.
(d) Two Years.
14. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Rabbi Peter's home.
(b) Akiba's house.
(c) Uncle Amram's estate.
(d) Their own estate.
15. What is the name of Meir's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)