|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(b) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(c) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(d) The case is already settled.
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
3. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
(a) Be tutored by Antiphanes.
(b) Refuse to oppose the Sanhedrin.
(c) Flee before his troubles worsen.
(d) Go back to Israel and stand trial.
4. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
(a) He plans to pursue it as a future career.
(d) He considers it a necessary evil.
5. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
(a) He will ask his friends to testify for his faith and character.
(b) He will explain how he built his faith on a foundation of truth.
(c) He intends on asking for forgiveness.
(d) He does not plan to defend himself.
6. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The Roman court.
(b) The Grecian court.
(c) The merchant drops the case.
(d) The Elysian court.
7. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The efficiency and professionalism.
(b) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(c) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(d) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
8. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
(a) They discuss the arena where men and lions kill each other.
(b) They consummate their love for one another.
(c) Elisha tells Manto he must leave Antioch.
(d) Manto tells Elisha that Rufus is planning on killing him.
9. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(b) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(c) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(d) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
10. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(d) Uncle Amram.
11. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(b) Very proud.
12. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
(a) A gathering of Christian rebels.
(b) The Roman government.
(c) A delegation of local Jews.
(d) A delegation of Jewish rebels.
13. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(b) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
(c) He sold his business.
(d) His business picked up and was better than before.
14. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine mourns.
(b) Palestine businesses close down.
(c) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(d) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
15. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) The ways of business and estate management.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
2. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
3. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
4. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)