|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) That they burn all Greek literature.
(b) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(c) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(d) Studying it could help counter debate.
2. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Meir's children.
(c) Joseph and Josiah.
(d) Deborah and her servant girl.
3. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
4. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(a) The Sanhedrin.
(c) The Roman Cavalry.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(b) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
(c) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
(d) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
6. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
7. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
(b) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
(c) That everything is okay.
(d) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
8. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Rabbis and sages.
(b) Hedonistic and self centered.
(c) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(d) Polite and well educated.
9. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
(a) They discuss the arena where men and lions kill each other.
(b) They consummate their love for one another.
(c) Elisha tells Manto he must leave Antioch.
(d) Manto tells Elisha that Rufus is planning on killing him.
10. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're not wealthy.
(b) They're richer than her.
(c) They live in squalor.
(d) Their children are annoying.
11. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
(b) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(c) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
(d) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
12. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
(a) The Sanhedrin.
(d) The Roman cavalry.
13. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Home of Pappas.
(c) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
14. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Go home to their families.
(b) Stay and fight.
(c) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(d) Gladly leave.
15. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is moving to Antioch.
(b) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(c) That he loves Deborah.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
4. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
5. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)