|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Red Sea.
(c) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(d) The Home of Pappas.
2. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(a) Rabbi Joshua.
(b) The Roman Cavalry.
(c) The Sanhedrin.
3. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
(a) Stay true to his quest for truth.
(b) Stop the executions.
(c) Take Deborah back.
(d) Turn back before everything is lost.
4. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Thirteen Years.
(b) Five Years.
(c) Two Years.
(d) Fourteen Years.
5. What is the name of Meir's wife?
6. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(b) That he is moving to Antioch.
(c) That he loves Deborah.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
7. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
(a) Elisha moves to Italy.
(b) Elisha is ordained as a Rabbi.
(c) Elisha leaves his wife.
(d) Elisha becomes a Bishop.
8. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(b) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(c) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
(d) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
9. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Joseph and Josiah.
(b) Meir's children.
(c) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
(d) Deborah and her servant girl.
10. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(a) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
(c) The business of human trading.
(d) Advanced Greek grammer.
11. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
12. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(a) Very proud.
13. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(a) Uncle Amram.
14. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The merchant drops the case.
(b) The Elysian court.
(c) The Grecian court.
(d) The Roman court.
15. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) The ways of business and estate management.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
3. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
4. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
5. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)