|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(b) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(c) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(d) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) The case is already settled.
(b) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(c) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(d) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
3. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(b) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(c) Studying it could help counter debate.
(d) That they burn all Greek literature.
4. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
(b) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(c) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
(d) That there is no God.
5. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(c) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(d) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
6. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(d) Judea and Galilee.
7. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
8. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine businesses close down.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine mourns.
(d) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
9. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(b) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(c) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(d) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
10. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisha's mother.
(b) Abuyah's mother.
(c) Amram's mother.
(d) Elisheba's mother.
11. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(d) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
12. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) Their friendship is over.
(b) He will stand by him as a friend.
(c) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(d) He will report him to the authorities.
13. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
(b) Simeon ben Zoma.
(c) Simeon ben Azzai.
14. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
(a) To stand trial.
(b) To attend the funeral of Nicholaus.
(c) To lecture a class in an academy on the importance of truth in faith.
(d) To reforge the bond with his wife.
15. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(c) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
2. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
3. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
4. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
5. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)