|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
(b) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
(c) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(d) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
2. What happens to Elisha's grave?
(a) The gravestone is removed.
(b) Elisha's grave is moved to Meir's town cemetery.
(c) It is destroyed by Roman soldiers.
(d) Lightning strikes Elisha's grave.
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
4. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(b) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(c) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(d) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
5. As Meir is weeping at Elisha's grave, how does Meir remember Elisha?
(a) With love and regret that Elisha's dreams had to die.
(b) As the old man who caused so much suffering.
(c) With remorse and sympathy for his lost faith.
(d) With contempt and malice for his betrayal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
2. What does Elisha say in response to Meir when Meir asks Elisha to come home with him?
3. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
4. What does Rufus say will happen to Elisha and Pappas if they do not comply?
5. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)