|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about his quest to seek a reasoned certainty that would explain everything, including faith?
(a) His quest has only strengthened his commitment to faith.
(b) His quest was a vital part of faith.
(c) His quest was in vain.
(d) Given the chance, he would not change anything.
2. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(b) Uncle Amram.
(c) Rabbi Joshua.
3. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Meir and the two Simeons.
(b) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
(c) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(d) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
4. Meir walks with Elisha until they reach the boundary which marks what?
(a) The beginning of Roman territory.
(b) Where Jews are not allowed to cross on the Sabbath.
(c) The separation between Jews and Romans.
(d) The entrance to Caesarea.
5. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(c) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(d) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
2. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
3. As Elisha and Pappas travel back through the lands of their birth, what do they find has become of their homes?
4. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
5. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)