|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
(a) To stand trial.
(b) To lecture a class in an academy on the importance of truth in faith.
(c) To attend the funeral of Nicholaus.
(d) To reforge the bond with his wife.
2. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
(a) To Rufus.
(b) To jail.
(c) To the home of Nicholaus, who cares for him.
(d) To the home of Pappas, who has been executed.
3. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
(a) The syntax of religion with Justin.
(b) The methodology of religion with Justin.
(c) The phonology of religion with Justin.
(d) The morphology of religion with Justin.
4. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
(a) His old tutor, Josef.
(b) Each member of the Sanhedrin, individually.
(c) The Christians and Gnostics.
(d) His old childhood friends.
5. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) He no longer believes in god.
(b) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
(c) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
(d) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
2. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
3. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
4. How does Elisha feel about his quest to seek a reasoned certainty that would explain everything, including faith?
5. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)