|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(c) The librarian.
2. Why does Elisha return to Antioch?
(a) To ask Pappas for forgiveness.
(b) To end the war, and free his people.
(c) To complete his studies.
(d) To attend the funeral of his good friend, Pappas.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(b) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(c) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(d) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
4. What happens when Meir and Elisha part ways?
(a) Meir swears to never tell a soul about seeing Elisha.
(b) Meir watches Elisha walk away until he can no longer be seen.
(c) Elisha watches Meir walk away until he can no longer be seen.
(d) Meir walks on with Elisha.
5. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) Both his mother and father died.
(b) His grandparents died.
(c) His father died.
(d) His mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
2. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
3. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
4. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
5. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)