|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. Meir walks with Elisha until they reach the boundary which marks what?
(a) The separation between Jews and Romans.
(b) The beginning of Roman territory.
(c) Where Jews are not allowed to cross on the Sabbath.
(d) The entrance to Caesarea.
3. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
(a) The structure of Roman architecture.
(b) That Elisha has grown so wise and strong in his faith.
(c) That Elisha is helping the Romans.
(d) The weather.
4. What happens to Elisha's grave?
(a) The gravestone is removed.
(b) Lightning strikes Elisha's grave.
(c) It is destroyed by Roman soldiers.
(d) Elisha's grave is moved to Meir's town cemetery.
5. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(b) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
2. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
3. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
4. What does Elisha tell Meir about faith and reason?
5. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)