|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Uncle Amram's estate.
(b) Akiba's house.
(c) Rabbi Peter's home.
(d) Their own estate.
2. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
(a) That Elisha's wife has been injured.
(b) That Meir has died in a horrible accident.
(c) That the Temple has been completed.
(d) That the Romans have banned Jews from working on the Temple.
3. What does Rufus say will happen to Elisha and Pappas if they do not comply?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) Their homes will be destroyed.
(c) They will be jailed.
(d) They will be exiled until they change their minds.
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. What does Elisha feel shamed by?
(a) By how the other rabbis beg for their lives.
(b) By having to sit next to a harlot at the executions.
(c) By the idea that he caused the Jewish faith to end forever.
(d) By the dedication of his fellow rabbis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
2. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
4. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
5. How do the two men discuss the highest levels of philosophy?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)