|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Elisha the news that Manto is dying?
(c) Manto's maid.
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) The two Simeons.
(b) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(c) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
(d) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(b) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(c) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(d) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
4. What has Elisha based his entire life and course of studies on?
(a) Jewish traditions and values.
(b) The fact of mathematics.
(c) Business management.
(d) Greek and Roman literature.
5. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The efficiency and professionalism.
(b) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
(c) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(d) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha tell Meir about faith and reason?
2. Who does Elisha find in prison?
3. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
4. What information about the new rabbis reaches Elisha in Caeserea?
5. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)