|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(b) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(c) That he does not believe in God.
(d) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
2. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(b) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
(c) She is happily married to Rufus.
(d) She does not love him.
3. What is Elisha's great undoing?
(a) His conversation with Charicles.
(b) His unwillingness to compromise his views.
(c) His unwavering faith.
(d) His reasoned certainty that life is easy.
4. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
(a) Judah ben Baba flees to Morocco.
(b) The Romans find Judah ben Baba and kill him.
(c) The Persians attack Rome.
(d) Elisha talks with Judah ben Baba about logic and faith.
5. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
(c) Simeon ben Zoma.
(d) Simeon ben Azzai.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
2. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
3. What is the name of Meir's wife?
4. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
5. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)