|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(b) The Patriarch.
(c) A Rabbi.
2. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
(a) Flee before his troubles worsen.
(b) Refuse to oppose the Sanhedrin.
(c) Go back to Israel and stand trial.
(d) Be tutored by Antiphanes.
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(b) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
(c) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
(d) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
4. What does Charicles finally say about mathematics and science?
(a) They are the laws that all men live by.
(b) They will replace faith some day.
(c) They should be forbidden.
(d) They could also be myths.
5. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(b) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(c) That they burn all Greek literature.
(d) Studying it could help counter debate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
2. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
3. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
4. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
5. Meir walks with Elisha until they reach the boundary which marks what?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)