|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Elisha based his entire life and course of studies on?
(a) Jewish traditions and values.
(b) Greek and Roman literature.
(c) Business management.
(d) The fact of mathematics.
2. Who does Elisha find in prison?
(d) Joseph ben Sera.
3. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
(b) To not believe anything they are taught in the academy.
(c) To listen carefully to their teacher and the rabbis.
(d) To study Greek and Roman literature as much as they can.
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(b) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Pappas.
5. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
(a) By escaping and running away.
(b) By lying to Rufus by making up facts about the Jews.
(c) By poisoning Rufus during dinner.
(d) By not telling Rufus some important information about the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
2. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
3. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
4. What happens to Elisha's grave?
5. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)