|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is embarrassed by her.
3. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
(a) Rufus orders it for their protection.
(b) So that Rufus will not be concerned about their relationship.
(c) Manto is uncomfortable around Elisha.
(d) Manto and Rufus always go everywhere together.
4. How do the great sages go to their deaths?
(a) While pleading for thier lives, and renouncing their religion.
(b) With dignity, displaying their great faith.
(c) Knowing that they cannot save the Jewish faith.
(d) Cursing Elisha for his hand in their demise.
5. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he loves Deborah.
(b) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(c) That he is moving to Antioch.
(d) That he is betrothed to Theo.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
2. What does Elisha feel shamed by?
3. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
4. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
5. What does Elisha tell Meir about faith and reason?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)