|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charicles finally say about mathematics and science?
(a) They should be forbidden.
(b) They are the laws that all men live by.
(c) They will replace faith some day.
(d) They could also be myths.
2. After 8 years in Antioch, Elisha writes a monograph detailing what?
(a) Elisha's experience as a rabbi in Israel.
(b) Elisha's plan for his life studies.
(c) Elisha's life in Antioch.
(d) Elisha's study of Greek and Roman texts.
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He is embarrassed by her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is disappointed.
4. What does Elisha realize about the peddlers as they sing their wares?
(a) They love to sing lullabies.
(b) Messages are being sent in Hebrew.
(c) They will cheat everyone out of their money.
(d) Peddlers are incoherent babblers.
5. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Deborah and her servant girl.
(b) Meir's children.
(c) Joseph and Josiah.
(d) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elisha's grave?
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
3. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
4. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
5. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)