|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(b) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
2. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) He has the sages executed.
(b) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(c) The commander does not change his orders.
(d) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
3. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
(a) To conduct the sacrifice of a small sheep.
(b) To execute Elisha for his unbelief.
(c) To ask the Romans to leave them alone.
(d) To perform the ceremony for the new rabbis.
4. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
(a) His old childhood friends.
(b) The Christians and Gnostics.
(c) His old tutor, Josef.
(d) Each member of the Sanhedrin, individually.
5. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(b) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(c) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(d) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the rebels?
2. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
3. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
4. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
5. What fate does Elisha accept?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)