|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
(b) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
(c) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(d) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
2. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(d) The librarian.
3. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
(a) They tell him that the Sanhedrin will indict him.
(b) Meir and Beruriah mock Elisha for his educational background.
(c) They tell Elisha that they can no longer see him.
(d) He lacks the proper education to study Greek literature well.
4. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
(a) That the Romans have banned Jews from working on the Temple.
(b) That Meir has died in a horrible accident.
(c) That the Temple has been completed.
(d) That Elisha's wife has been injured.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is laughed out of court.
(b) It is voted down.
(c) It is adopted and set into motion.
(d) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha ask of Rufus in return for his cooperation?
2. How does Charicles first feel about Elisha?
3. What has Demonax studied all available information on for years and found nothing to use?
4. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)