|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(b) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(c) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
(d) That he does not believe in God.
2. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(d) Because Elisha is a Greek.
3. Why does Elisha return to Antioch?
(a) To complete his studies.
(b) To ask Pappas for forgiveness.
(c) To end the war, and free his people.
(d) To attend the funeral of his good friend, Pappas.
4. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're not wealthy.
(b) Their children are annoying.
(c) They're richer than her.
(d) They live in squalor.
5. Why do both Elisha and Pappas curtail their expenses and move to smaller apartments?
(a) They are trying to live more humble lives.
(b) The economy of the area is devastated because of the war.
(c) They are saving money to help the Jews war with the Romans.
(d) They are preparing for the harsh winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Demonax studied all available information on for years and found nothing to use?
2. As Meir is weeping at Elisha's grave, how does Meir remember Elisha?
3. What feeling does Elisha experiences after his conversation with Charicles?
4. What does Meir tell Elisha about what the Sanhedrin has done?
5. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)