|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Elisha and Pappas travel back through the lands of their birth, what do they find has become of their homes?
(a) They are no loger welcomed because no one knows them anymore.
(b) New families live there, and not much else has changed.
(c) Roman soldiers now occupy them.
(d) They have been destroyed.
2. What can Meir see in his old master's eyes?
3. Why does Elisha return to Antioch?
(a) To ask Pappas for forgiveness.
(b) To attend the funeral of his good friend, Pappas.
(c) To complete his studies.
(d) To end the war, and free his people.
4. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
(b) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(c) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(d) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
5. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
(a) To perform the ceremony for the new rabbis.
(b) To ask the Romans to leave them alone.
(c) To execute Elisha for his unbelief.
(d) To conduct the sacrifice of a small sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the realization, that reason could be based in myth, do to Elisha?
2. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)