|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapter XXI & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) Their friendship is over.
(b) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(c) He will stand by him as a friend.
(d) He will report him to the authorities.
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(b) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
3. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
(a) He cannot teach Elisha anything that Elisha does not already know.
(b) He does not want to be associated with Elisha.
(c) Elisha's request is inappropriate.
(d) He is much too busy.
4. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
(a) To the home of Nicholaus, who cares for him.
(b) To Rufus.
(c) To the home of Pappas, who has been executed.
(d) To jail.
5. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
(b) He no longer believes in god.
(c) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
(d) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
2. What is Elisha's great undoing?
3. What can Meir see in his old master's eyes?
4. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
5. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)