|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Elisha the news that Manto is dying?
(a) Manto's maid.
2. Why do both Elisha and Pappas curtail their expenses and move to smaller apartments?
(a) They are saving money to help the Jews war with the Romans.
(b) They are preparing for the harsh winter.
(c) The economy of the area is devastated because of the war.
(d) They are trying to live more humble lives.
3. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(b) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(c) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(d) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
4. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
(b) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
(c) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
(d) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
5. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) The two Simeons.
(b) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(c) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(d) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
2. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
3. Where does the plague strike?
4. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
5. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)