|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) Deborah wants to reconcile.
(b) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(c) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
(d) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
2. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
(a) He has joined the Jewish rebels.
(b) The Emperor is dedicating the temple to Jupiter.
(c) The Romans killed so many jews, and burned down the temple.
(d) Because of the Emperor's plan to turn Israel into a site for pagans.
3. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(b) The Roman Cavalry.
(c) The Sanhedrin.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Pappas.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
5. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(b) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(c) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(d) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
2. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
3. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
4. Where does the plague strike?
5. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)