|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(b) The commander does not change his orders.
(c) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
(d) He has the sages executed.
2. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Hedonistic and self centered.
(b) Polite and well educated.
(c) Rabbis and sages.
(d) Both religious zealots and scientists.
3. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Saul and Samuel.
(b) Sarah and Samuel.
(c) Samuel and Solomon.
(d) Uriah and Pariah.
4. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
5. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(b) She has married an awful husband.
(c) She should run away with him.
(d) He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
2. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
3. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
4. What has Demonax studied all available information on for years and found nothing to use?
5. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)