|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
(b) That everything is okay.
(c) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
(d) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
2. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
3. As Elisha and Pappas travel back through the lands of their birth, what do they find has become of their homes?
(a) Roman soldiers now occupy them.
(b) New families live there, and not much else has changed.
(c) They have been destroyed.
(d) They are no loger welcomed because no one knows them anymore.
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(c) She insists they take a week off.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
5. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
(a) Turn back before everything is lost.
(b) Take Deborah back.
(c) Stop the executions.
(d) Stay true to his quest for truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
2. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
3. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
4. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
5. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)