|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She is happily married to Rufus.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
(d) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
2. As Elisha and Pappas travel back through the lands of their birth, what do they find has become of their homes?
(a) They have been destroyed.
(b) New families live there, and not much else has changed.
(c) Roman soldiers now occupy them.
(d) They are no loger welcomed because no one knows them anymore.
3. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
4. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
(a) So that Rufus will not be concerned about their relationship.
(b) Manto is uncomfortable around Elisha.
(c) Rufus orders it for their protection.
(d) Manto and Rufus always go everywhere together.
5. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(b) The Sanhedrin.
(c) The Roman Cavalry.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the plague strike?
2. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
3. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
5. What does Rufus want Elisha and Pappas to do?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)