|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Slams his fingers in the door.
(b) Trips over a student.
(c) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
(d) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
2. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(b) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(c) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(d) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(b) Uncle Amram.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
4. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) The commander does not change his orders.
(b) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
(c) He has the sages executed.
(d) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
5. What does Elisha ask of Rufus in return for his cooperation?
(a) To not kill Pappas.
(b) To destroy the Sanhedrin.
(c) To forgive him.
(d) To stop the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
2. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
3. Where does Elisha go to begin his work for the Romans?
4. Where has Rufus erected his headquarters?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)