|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do both Elisha and Pappas curtail their expenses and move to smaller apartments?
(a) The economy of the area is devastated because of the war.
(b) They are saving money to help the Jews war with the Romans.
(c) They are trying to live more humble lives.
(d) They are preparing for the harsh winter.
2. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(d) Judea and Galilee.
3. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(c) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(d) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(b) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
5. What is Elisha's new plan concerning the Jews and Christians who believe differently than the traditional Jewish doctrine?
(a) To report their inauthentic teachings to the Romans.
(b) To visit their churches and speak with their leaders.
(c) To eliminate all Jews and Christians who believe.
(d) To report their inauthentic teachings to the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha ask of Rufus in return for his cooperation?
2. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
3. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
4. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
5. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)