|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(b) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(d) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
2. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(b) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(c) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(d) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
3. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(b) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(c) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(d) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
4. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(d) The librarian.
5. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) By signing documents.
(b) Helping widows and children.
(c) Judging in Usha.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of Theo's name?
2. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
4. What does Rufus say will happen to Elisha and Pappas if they do not comply?
5. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)