|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
(a) He claims he no longer trusts in God.
(b) The host arrives completely drunk.
(c) Simeon ben Azzai says he is ready to meet God and dies in their arms.
(d) The host kills the other Simeon.
2. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
3. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
(a) They tell him that the Sanhedrin will indict him.
(b) They tell Elisha that they can no longer see him.
(c) Meir and Beruriah mock Elisha for his educational background.
(d) He lacks the proper education to study Greek literature well.
4. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Meir's children.
(b) Deborah and her servant girl.
(c) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
(d) Joseph and Josiah.
5. How does Elisha feel about the Greek literature he has learned in his first three years in Antioch?
(a) That he can't comprehend Greek literature fully.
(b) He hates Greek literature.
(c) That the Greek way of life is the path he is meant to follow.
(d) Beneath the poetry and words there is fear and regret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
2. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
4. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)