|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(b) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(c) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(d) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
2. Where does Elisha go to begin his work for the Romans?
(d) The library.
3. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The merchant drops the case.
(b) The Grecian court.
(c) The Roman court.
(d) The Elysian court.
4. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(b) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(c) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
(d) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
5. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
(a) The Christians and Gnostics.
(b) Each member of the Sanhedrin, individually.
(c) His old childhood friends.
(d) His old tutor, Josef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
2. What do the Roman reinforcements bring with them?
3. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
4. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
5. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)