|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(b) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
(c) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(d) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
2. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(b) Palestine businesses close down.
(c) Palestine mourns.
(d) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
3. Where does Elisha go to begin his work for the Romans?
(b) The library.
4. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
(a) To lecture a class in an academy on the importance of truth in faith.
(b) To stand trial.
(c) To attend the funeral of Nicholaus.
(d) To reforge the bond with his wife.
5. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
(b) The two Simeons.
(c) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(d) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
2. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
3. What does Rufus say will happen to Elisha and Pappas if they do not comply?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)