|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(c) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(d) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
2. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(b) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(c) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(d) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
3. After 8 years in Antioch, Elisha writes a monograph detailing what?
(a) Elisha's life in Antioch.
(b) Elisha's experience as a rabbi in Israel.
(c) Elisha's plan for his life studies.
(d) Elisha's study of Greek and Roman texts.
4. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(c) Uncle Amram.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
5. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
(a) To not believe anything they are taught in the academy.
(b) To study Greek and Roman literature as much as they can.
(c) To listen carefully to their teacher and the rabbis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
2. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
3. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
4. Who brings Elisha the news that Manto is dying?
5. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)