|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do both Elisha and Pappas curtail their expenses and move to smaller apartments?
(a) They are saving money to help the Jews war with the Romans.
(b) They are preparing for the harsh winter.
(c) The economy of the area is devastated because of the war.
(d) They are trying to live more humble lives.
2. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
(b) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
(c) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(d) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(d) His hometown.
4. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
(a) The phonology of religion with Justin.
(b) The syntax of religion with Justin.
(c) The morphology of religion with Justin.
(d) The methodology of religion with Justin.
5. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
(b) She is happily married to Rufus.
(c) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(d) She does not love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
2. What does Rufus want Elisha and Pappas to do?
3. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
5. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)