|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
(a) They consummate their love for one another.
(b) Manto tells Elisha that Rufus is planning on killing him.
(c) They discuss the arena where men and lions kill each other.
(d) Elisha tells Manto he must leave Antioch.
2. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(b) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(c) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(d) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
3. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(b) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(c) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(d) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
4. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(b) Their friendship is over.
(c) He will stand by him as a friend.
(d) He will report him to the authorities.
5. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(a) The Sanhedrin.
(b) The Roman Cavalry.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
2. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
3. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
4. As Elisha and Pappas travel back through the lands of their birth, what do they find has become of their homes?
5. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)