|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(b) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(c) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(d) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
2. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
(a) The Emperor is dedicating the temple to Jupiter.
(b) Because of the Emperor's plan to turn Israel into a site for pagans.
(c) The Romans killed so many jews, and burned down the temple.
(d) He has joined the Jewish rebels.
3. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is very temperamental.
(b) That she is warm and genuine.
(c) That she is in love with Pappas.
(d) That she values wealth more than friendship.
4. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(b) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(c) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(d) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
5. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Uncle Amram's estate.
(b) Their own estate.
(c) Akiba's house.
(d) Rabbi Peter's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
2. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
3. Why do Akiba and Elisha not speak when they meet?
4. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
5. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)