|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
(b) Simeon ben Zoma.
(d) Simeon ben Azzai.
2. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(b) Stay and fight.
(c) Gladly leave.
(d) Go home to their families.
3. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) A Rabbi.
(d) The Patriarch.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is embarrassed by her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He loves her.
5. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
(b) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(c) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(d) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
2. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
3. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
4. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
5. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)