|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(b) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
(c) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(d) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
2. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(b) That he is moving to Antioch.
(c) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(d) That he loves Deborah.
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(b) Uncle Amram.
(c) Rabbi Peter.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
4. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(d) Uncle Amram.
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(a) His wife, Deborah.
(b) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
2. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
3. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
4. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
5. Where does the plague strike?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)