|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) A Rabbi.
(b) The Patriarch.
2. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(a) Very proud.
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(a) Uncle Amram.
4. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
(b) Meir and the two Simeons.
(c) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(d) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
5. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(b) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(c) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(d) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
2. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
3. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
4. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
5. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)