|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elisha's new plan concerning the Jews and Christians who believe differently than the traditional Jewish doctrine?
(a) To report their inauthentic teachings to the Romans.
(b) To report their inauthentic teachings to the Sanhedrin.
(c) To visit their churches and speak with their leaders.
(d) To eliminate all Jews and Christians who believe.
2. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(a) Rabbi Joshua.
(b) The Roman Cavalry.
(c) The Sanhedrin.
3. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
(c) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
4. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
(a) He claims he no longer trusts in God.
(b) Simeon ben Azzai says he is ready to meet God and dies in their arms.
(c) The host arrives completely drunk.
(d) The host kills the other Simeon.
5. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
(b) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(c) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(d) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
2. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
3. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
4. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)