|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(c) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(d) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
2. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Fourteen Years.
(b) Two Years.
(c) Five Years.
(d) Thirteen Years.
3. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) Deborah wants to reconcile.
(b) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
(c) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(d) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
4. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is moving to Antioch.
(b) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(c) That he loves Deborah.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
5. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) Helping widows and children.
(b) Judging in Usha.
(c) By signing documents.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. What is Elisha's new plan concerning the Jews and Christians who believe differently than the traditional Jewish doctrine?
3. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)