|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(b) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(c) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(d) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
2. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) He will report him to the authorities.
(b) He will stand by him as a friend.
(c) Their friendship is over.
(d) They must only meet secretly from now on.
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(b) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(d) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
4. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That there is no God.
(b) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
(c) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(d) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
5. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(c) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(d) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
2. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
3. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
4. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)