|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His grandparents died.
(b) Both his mother and father died.
(c) His father died.
(d) His mother died.
2. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(b) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
(c) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(d) The efficiency and professionalism.
3. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(a) Uncle Amram.
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(b) Zion, a young rabbi.
(c) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(d) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
5. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) The Patriarch.
(d) A Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
2. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
4. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
5. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)