|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he loves Deborah.
(b) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(c) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(d) That he is moving to Antioch.
2. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His grandparents died.
(b) His father died.
(c) His mother died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(b) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(d) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(c) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(d) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
5. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(b) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(c) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(d) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the rebels?
2. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
3. What are the names of Meir's children?
4. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
5. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)