|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine mourns.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine businesses close down.
(d) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
2. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(b) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(d) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
3. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(b) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(c) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
(d) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
4. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisha's mother.
(b) Elisheba's mother.
(c) Amram's mother.
(d) Abuyah's mother.
5. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(b) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(c) That they burn all Greek literature.
(d) Studying it could help counter debate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
2. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
4. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
5. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)