|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(b) Stay and fight.
(c) Go home to their families.
(d) Gladly leave.
2. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(d) Uncle Amram.
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He ignores their deaths.
(b) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(c) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(d) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
4. Who is the leader of the rebels?
(a) Rabbi Joshua of Tarsus.
(b) Maximus of Tarsus.
(c) Julianus of Tarsus.
(d) Saul of Tarsus.
5. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(c) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(d) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
2. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
3. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
4. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
5. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)