|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(d) His hometown.
2. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(d) Uncle Amram.
3. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
(b) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
(c) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(d) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
4. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) Old, ancient scrolls.
(b) An expensive lamp.
(c) A Greek book.
(d) A ring.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(b) It is voted down.
(c) It is adopted and set into motion.
(d) It is laughed out of court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
2. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
3. What is the origin of Theo's name?
4. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
5. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)