|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
(a) He plans to pursue it as a future career.
(c) He considers it a necessary evil.
2. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
(b) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(c) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(d) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
3. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(b) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
(c) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(d) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(c) The Home of Pappas.
(d) The Red Sea.
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(b) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
(c) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
(d) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
2. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
3. Who is the leader of the rebels?
4. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
5. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)