|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(c) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(d) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(b) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
(c) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(d) The two Simeons.
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
(b) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
(c) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(d) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(d) The Home of Pappas.
5. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
(b) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
(c) He no longer believes in god.
(d) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
2. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
4. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
5. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)