|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is warm and genuine.
(b) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(c) That she is very temperamental.
(d) That she is in love with Pappas.
2. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(c) Uncle Amram.
3. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) The Patriarch.
(b) A Rabbi.
4. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(b) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(c) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(d) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
5. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(b) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(c) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
(d) The efficiency and professionalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
2. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
3. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
4. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
5. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)