|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters I - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
(a) He claims he no longer trusts in God.
(b) Simeon ben Azzai says he is ready to meet God and dies in their arms.
(c) The host arrives completely drunk.
(d) The host kills the other Simeon.
2. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
(a) The Roman government.
(b) A gathering of Christian rebels.
(c) A delegation of local Jews.
(d) A delegation of Jewish rebels.
3. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(b) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
4. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Meir and the two Simeons.
(b) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(c) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
(d) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
5. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
(a) His old tutor.
(b) A magician.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of Theo's name?
2. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
3. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
4. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)