|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
2. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The merchant drops the case.
(b) The Elysian court.
(c) The Roman court.
(d) The Grecian court.
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(a) Uncle Amram.
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
(d) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
5. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) The ways of business and estate management.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
2. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
3. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
4. What is the origin of Theo's name?
5. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)