|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) He will stand by him as a friend.
(b) Their friendship is over.
(c) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(d) He will report him to the authorities.
2. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
(a) The Sanhedrin.
(b) The Roman cavalry.
3. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
(a) He will ask his friends to testify for his faith and character.
(b) He intends on asking for forgiveness.
(c) He does not plan to defend himself.
(d) He will explain how he built his faith on a foundation of truth.
4. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(b) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(c) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
5. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Meir's children.
(b) Joseph and Josiah.
(c) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
(d) Deborah and her servant girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
2. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
3. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
4. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
5. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)