|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
(b) His business picked up and was better than before.
(c) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(d) He sold his business.
2. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His father died.
(c) Both his mother and father died.
(d) His grandparents died.
3. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(b) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(c) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(d) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is voted down.
(b) It is adopted and set into motion.
(c) It is laughed out of court.
(d) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
5. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(b) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
3. What is the origin of Theo's name?
4. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
5. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)