|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(b) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(c) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
(d) At a dinner.
2. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
(b) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(c) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(d) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Uncle Amram.
(b) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Rabbi Peter.
4. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
5. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're not wealthy.
(b) They live in squalor.
(c) Their children are annoying.
(d) They're richer than her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)