|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) A ring.
(b) A Greek book.
(c) An expensive lamp.
(d) Old, ancient scrolls.
2. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
(a) He intends on asking for forgiveness.
(b) He will explain how he built his faith on a foundation of truth.
(c) He will ask his friends to testify for his faith and character.
(d) He does not plan to defend himself.
3. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
(a) Rebuilt the Temple.
(b) Built a government based on Greek law.
(c) Helped him learn more Greek knowledge.
(d) Devised new methods to counteract the Sanhedrin.
4. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(b) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(c) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(d) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
5. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
3. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
4. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
5. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)