|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(b) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(c) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(d) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
2. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
(d) The ways of business and estate management.
3. What is the name of Meir's wife?
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
5. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A small girl dying on the street.
(b) A washerwoman break her leg.
(c) A temple being built.
(d) A magician doing magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
2. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
3. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)