|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
(c) The Roman cavalry.
(d) The Sanhedrin.
2. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is embarrassed by her.
(d) He loves her.
3. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
(a) They tell him that the Sanhedrin will indict him.
(b) He lacks the proper education to study Greek literature well.
(c) Meir and Beruriah mock Elisha for his educational background.
(d) They tell Elisha that they can no longer see him.
4. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(b) Uncle Amram.
5. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Rabbi Peter's home.
(b) Akiba's house.
(c) Their own estate.
(d) Uncle Amram's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
2. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
3. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)