|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
(b) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
(c) That everything is okay.
(d) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
2. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) He will stand by him as a friend.
(b) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(c) Their friendship is over.
(d) He will report him to the authorities.
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(b) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(c) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
(d) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
5. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
(a) Rabbi Joshua.
(c) The Sanhedrin.
(d) The Roman Cavalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
2. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
3. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)