|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(b) He will stand by him as a friend.
(c) He will report him to the authorities.
(d) Their friendship is over.
2. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(d) His hometown.
3. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) Logic, reason, and astrology.
(b) Science, math, or philosophy.
(c) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
(d) Math, english, and religion.
4. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
(a) To study Greek and Roman literature as much as they can.
(b) To listen carefully to their teacher and the rabbis.
(d) To not believe anything they are taught in the academy.
5. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(c) Judea and Galilee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
2. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
3. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
4. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
5. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)