|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(b) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
(c) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
(d) Meir and the two Simeons.
2. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
(b) He no longer believes in god.
(c) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
(d) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
3. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
(b) Science, math, or philosophy.
(c) Logic, reason, and astrology.
(d) Math, english, and religion.
4. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(b) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(c) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(d) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
5. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he does not believe in God.
(b) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(c) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(d) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
2. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
3. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)