|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(b) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(c) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(d) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
2. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine mourns.
(d) Palestine businesses close down.
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(b) Uncle Amram.
4. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(b) Their friendship is over.
(c) He will report him to the authorities.
(d) He will stand by him as a friend.
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(b) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(c) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(d) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
3. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
5. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)