|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(b) Judea and Galilee.
2. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an atheist.
(b) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(c) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(c) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(d) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
4. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
5. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(b) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(c) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(d) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
2. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
3. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
5. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)