|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) He no longer believes in god.
(b) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
(c) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
(d) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
2. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
(a) He does not plan to defend himself.
(b) He will explain how he built his faith on a foundation of truth.
(c) He will ask his friends to testify for his faith and character.
(d) He intends on asking for forgiveness.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(d) Because Elisha is a Greek.
4. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
(b) That there is no God.
(c) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(d) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
5. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
(a) Simeon ben Zoma.
(b) Simeon ben Azzai.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
4. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
5. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)