|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine mourns.
(d) Palestine businesses close down.
2. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
(a) That Elisha's wife has been injured.
(b) That the Temple has been completed.
(c) That the Romans have banned Jews from working on the Temple.
(d) That Meir has died in a horrible accident.
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(b) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(c) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(d) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
4. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(b) Uncle Amram.
5. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
(a) A magician.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) His old tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
2. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
3. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
4. What is Elisha's new plan concerning the Jews and Christians who believe differently than the traditional Jewish doctrine?
5. Who is the leader of the rebels?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)