|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(b) It is laughed out of court.
(c) It is adopted and set into motion.
(d) It is voted down.
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business picked up and was better than before.
(b) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(c) He sold his business.
(d) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
4. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A magician doing magic tricks.
(b) A small girl dying on the street.
(c) A washerwoman break her leg.
(d) A temple being built.
5. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(b) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
2. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
3. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)