|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(b) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(c) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
(d) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
2. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(b) Judea and Galilee.
3. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(b) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(c) The two Simeons.
(d) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
4. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(c) Uncle Amram.
5. What does Elisha acknowledge to Meir after receiving the news?
(a) He no longer believes in god.
(b) The Sanhedrin will indict him, and he will stop asking questions.
(c) The Sanhedrin will not indict him because he is so smart.
(d) The Sanhedrin will indict him, but he cannot stop searching for answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
2. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
3. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
5. What is the origin of Theo's name?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)