|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XX-XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(b) That he is moving to Antioch.
(c) That he loves Deborah.
(d) That he is betrothed to Theo.
2. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Uncle Amram.
(b) Rabbi Peter.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
3. Before leaving the garden, Akiba pleads with Elisha to do what?
(a) Turn back before everything is lost.
(b) Take Deborah back.
(c) Stay true to his quest for truth.
(d) Stop the executions.
4. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
(a) That the Temple has been completed.
(b) That Meir has died in a horrible accident.
(c) That Elisha's wife has been injured.
(d) That the Romans have banned Jews from working on the Temple.
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
(a) Elisha is ordained as a Rabbi.
(b) Elisha moves to Italy.
(c) Elisha leaves his wife.
(d) Elisha becomes a Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
2. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)