|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) The case is already settled.
(b) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(c) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(d) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
2. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Uncle Amram.
(b) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Rabbi Peter.
3. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(b) Very proud.
4. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A small girl dying on the street.
(b) A washerwoman break her leg.
(c) A magician doing magic tricks.
(d) A temple being built.
5. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(b) That he loves Deborah.
(c) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(d) That he is moving to Antioch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
2. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
4. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)