|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(a) His hometown.
2. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) Old, ancient scrolls.
(b) A ring.
(c) An expensive lamp.
(d) A Greek book.
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(b) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(c) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(d) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
4. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(c) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(d) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
5. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(a) Very proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
3. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
4. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)