|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(b) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(c) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(d) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
2. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(b) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(d) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
3. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(d) Very proud.
4. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Akiba's house.
(b) Their own estate.
(c) Rabbi Peter's home.
(d) Uncle Amram's estate.
5. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(b) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(c) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(d) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
2. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
3. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
4. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
5. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)