|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of Theo's name?
2. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(b) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(c) He ignores their deaths.
(d) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
3. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(b) Uncle Amram.
4. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) The ways of business and estate management.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
5. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(b) Rabbi Peter.
(c) Uncle Amram.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
2. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
3. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
4. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)