|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(b) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(c) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(d) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
2. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(b) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(c) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(d) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(b) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
4. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) Helping widows and children.
(b) By signing documents.
(c) Judging in Usha.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
5. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're not wealthy.
(b) They live in squalor.
(c) They're richer than her.
(d) Their children are annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
2. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
4. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)