|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(b) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(c) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(d) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
2. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(d) Very proud.
3. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(b) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(d) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
4. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) By signing documents.
(b) Judging in Usha.
(c) Helping widows and children.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
5. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(b) That he is moving to Antioch.
(c) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(d) That he loves Deborah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
2. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
3. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
5. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)