|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(b) That he is moving to Antioch.
(c) That he loves Deborah.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
2. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(b) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(c) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(d) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
3. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(b) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(c) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(d) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
4. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(b) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(c) Amram is an atheist.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
5. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A temple being built.
(b) A small girl dying on the street.
(c) A washerwoman break her leg.
(d) A magician doing magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
3. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
4. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
5. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)