|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(b) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(c) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(d) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
2. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business picked up and was better than before.
(b) He sold his business.
(c) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(d) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
3. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Home of Pappas.
(d) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
4. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(c) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(d) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
5. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(a) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
2. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
4. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
5. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)