|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Abuyah's mother.
(b) Amram's mother.
(c) Elisheba's mother.
(d) Elisha's mother.
2. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) A Rabbi.
(b) The Patriarch.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(b) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(c) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(d) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He is embarrassed by her.
(d) He is disappointed.
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Two Years.
(b) Fourteen Years.
(c) Five Years.
(d) Thirteen Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
2. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)