|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
2. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Joseph and Josiah.
(b) Deborah and her servant girl.
(c) Meir's children.
(d) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(b) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
(c) Amram is an atheist.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
4. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
(a) Elisha leaves his wife.
(b) Elisha is ordained as a Rabbi.
(c) Elisha becomes a Bishop.
(d) Elisha moves to Italy.
5. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(c) Judea and Galilee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
2. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
4. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
5. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)