|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(b) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
2. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(b) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(c) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(d) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(d) His hometown.
4. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A temple being built.
(b) A washerwoman break her leg.
(c) A magician doing magic tricks.
(d) A small girl dying on the street.
5. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At a dinner.
(b) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
(c) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(d) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
2. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
4. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
5. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)