|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) The Patriarch.
(d) A Rabbi.
2. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(b) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(c) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(d) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(c) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(d) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
4. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisha's mother.
(b) Abuyah's mother.
(c) Elisheba's mother.
(d) Amram's mother.
5. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(a) Judea and Galilee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
2. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
3. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
5. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)