|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Pappas.
(b) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(d) The Red Sea.
2. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(b) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(c) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(d) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
3. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(b) Uncle Amram.
4. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(b) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(c) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(d) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business picked up and was better than before.
(b) He sold his business.
(c) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(d) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
3. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
5. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)