|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(b) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(c) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(d) The case is already settled.
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is very temperamental.
(b) That she is warm and genuine.
(c) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(d) That she is in love with Pappas.
3. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A washerwoman break her leg.
(b) A small girl dying on the street.
(c) A magician doing magic tricks.
(d) A temple being built.
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(b) It is voted down.
(c) It is adopted and set into motion.
(d) It is laughed out of court.
5. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(b) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(c) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(d) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Meir's children?
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
4. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)