|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(c) The Home of Pappas.
2. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(c) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(d) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
3. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(b) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(c) The ways of business and estate management.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
4. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(b) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(c) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(d) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
2. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
4. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)