|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(b) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(c) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(d) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
2. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is adopted and set into motion.
(b) It is voted down.
(c) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(d) It is laughed out of court.
3. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they take a week off.
(b) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(c) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(d) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(b) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Pappas.
5. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(a) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
(b) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
2. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
3. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
4. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)