|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(d) Very proud.
2. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
(d) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
3. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(b) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(c) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(d) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
4. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(b) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(c) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(d) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
5. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
2. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
3. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
4. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)