|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
2. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(b) Uncle Amram.
(d) Rabbi Joshua.
3. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
(b) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(c) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
(d) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is voted down.
(b) It is laughed out of court.
(c) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(d) It is adopted and set into motion.
5. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A temple being built.
(b) A small girl dying on the street.
(c) A washerwoman break her leg.
(d) A magician doing magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
2. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
3. Where does the plague strike?
4. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
5. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)