|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(c) She insists they take a week off.
(d) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
2. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(a) Very proud.
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(b) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(c) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(d) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
4. Where does the plague strike?
5. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Amram's mother.
(b) Abuyah's mother.
(c) Elisha's mother.
(d) Elisheba's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
2. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
5. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)