|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters X-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(b) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(c) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
(d) At a dinner.
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is in love with Pappas.
(b) That she is warm and genuine.
(c) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(d) That she is very temperamental.
3. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he loves Deborah.
(b) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(c) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(d) That he is moving to Antioch.
4. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(b) Amram is an atheist.
(c) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
5. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A washerwoman break her leg.
(b) A temple being built.
(c) A small girl dying on the street.
(d) A magician doing magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
2. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
4. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
5. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)