|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Pappas.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
2. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
3. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(b) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(c) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(d) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
4. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
(b) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(c) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
(d) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
5. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(b) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(c) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(d) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
2. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
3. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
4. What is the origin of Theo's name?
5. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)