|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
(c) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
2. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(b) She insists they take a week off.
(c) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(d) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
3. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he loves Deborah.
(b) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(c) That he is moving to Antioch.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
4. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(b) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(c) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(d) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
5. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(b) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
2. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
3. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
4. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
5. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)