|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(b) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(c) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(d) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
2. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisha's mother.
(b) Amram's mother.
(c) Elisheba's mother.
(d) Abuyah's mother.
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
(b) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(c) Amram is an atheist.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
4. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(a) Uncle Amram.
5. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His grandparents died.
(b) His father died.
(c) Both his mother and father died.
(d) His mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
2. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
3. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
5. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)