|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(b) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(c) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(d) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
2. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(b) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(c) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(d) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
3. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
4. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(c) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(d) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
5. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) A ring.
(b) An expensive lamp.
(c) Old, ancient scrolls.
(d) A Greek book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
2. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
3. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
4. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
5. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)