|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
2. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Abuyah's mother.
(b) Elisheba's mother.
(c) Amram's mother.
(d) Elisha's mother.
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Zion, a young rabbi.
(b) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(c) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(d) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
4. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
(a) He returns home and learns carpentry with Pappas.
(b) He chooses to continue his training with Joshua.
(c) He swims in the Red Sea and drowns.
(d) He runs away from Uncle Amram.
5. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(b) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
2. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
3. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
4. What is the origin of Theo's name?
5. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)