|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(c) Uncle Amram.
2. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(c) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(d) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
(b) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(c) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(d) Amram is an atheist.
4. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) The ways of business and estate management.
(b) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(c) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
5. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(d) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
2. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
4. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
5. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)