|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(d) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
2. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(c) Uncle Amram.
3. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(b) The Home of Pappas.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
4. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
5. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) A ring.
(b) Old, ancient scrolls.
(c) A Greek book.
(d) An expensive lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
2. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
3. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
4. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
5. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)