|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
(d) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
2. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(b) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
3. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His grandparents died.
(c) His father died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
4. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(b) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(c) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(d) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
5. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(d) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
4. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
5. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)