|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisheba's mother.
(b) Elisha's mother.
(c) Abuyah's mother.
(d) Amram's mother.
2. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(b) Uncle Amram.
3. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Rabbi Peter's home.
(b) Akiba's house.
(c) Uncle Amram's estate.
(d) Their own estate.
4. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(c) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(d) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
5. What is the origin of Theo's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
4. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
5. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)