|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(b) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(c) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(d) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Azzar, an old carpenter.
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(b) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(c) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(d) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
4. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(b) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(c) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(d) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
5. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Abuyah's mother.
(b) Elisha's mother.
(c) Elisheba's mother.
(d) Amram's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
2. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
4. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
5. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)