|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(b) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(c) That he is moving to Antioch.
(d) That he loves Deborah.
2. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) A ring.
(b) Old, ancient scrolls.
(c) A Greek book.
(d) An expensive lamp.
4. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) A Rabbi.
(b) The Patriarch.
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(b) The Home of Pappas.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
2. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
5. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)