|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
2. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Rabbi Peter's home.
(b) Akiba's house.
(c) Their own estate.
(d) Uncle Amram's estate.
3. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(b) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(c) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(d) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(b) She insists they take a week off.
(c) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
5. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(b) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(c) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(d) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
4. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)