|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) The ways of business and estate management.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
2. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(b) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(c) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(b) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(c) Amram is an atheist.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is embarrassed by her.
5. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(a) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
(c) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
2. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
3. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
4. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
5. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)