|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(c) A Rabbi.
(d) The Patriarch.
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(b) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(c) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
4. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(b) That she is warm and genuine.
(c) That she is in love with Pappas.
(d) That she is very temperamental.
5. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they take a week off.
(c) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
2. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
3. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
5. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)