|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(a) Uncle Amram.
3. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(b) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(c) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(d) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
4. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisha's mother.
(b) Elisheba's mother.
(c) Abuyah's mother.
(d) Amram's mother.
5. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(b) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(c) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(d) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
3. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
4. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
5. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)