|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(b) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(c) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(d) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
2. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(b) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(c) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(d) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
3. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(b) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(d) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
4. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(b) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(c) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
5. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
3. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
4. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
5. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)