|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(b) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(b) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(c) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
(d) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
4. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
(b) Amram is an atheist.
(c) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(c) The Home of Pappas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
2. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
3. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
4. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
5. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)