|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(b) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(c) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(d) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is warm and genuine.
(b) That she is very temperamental.
(c) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(d) That she is in love with Pappas.
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(b) Amram is an atheist.
(c) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(d) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
(d) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
5. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(b) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(c) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(d) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
4. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
5. What is the origin of Theo's name?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)