|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(b) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Uncle Amram.
3. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(b) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(c) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(d) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He is embarrassed by her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is disappointed.
5. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(b) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(c) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(d) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
2. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)