|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
2. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(b) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(c) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(d) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
3. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
4. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(b) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(c) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(d) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
5. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Joshua.
(b) Rabbi Peter.
(d) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
3. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
4. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
5. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)