|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He ignores their deaths.
(b) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(c) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(d) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
2. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
(a) He is much too busy.
(b) He does not want to be associated with Elisha.
(c) He cannot teach Elisha anything that Elisha does not already know.
(d) Elisha's request is inappropriate.
3. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(b) That he loves Deborah.
(c) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(d) That he is moving to Antioch.
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Home of Pappas.
5. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(b) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(c) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(d) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
2. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
3. When Elisha returns to his rooms, who wants to know what he is doing?
4. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
5. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)