|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
(a) Elisha's marriage has begun to disintegrate.
(b) Elisha's stores of money have dissolved.
(c) Some of Elisha's friendships have begun to dissolve.
(d) Elisha's sanity has completely left.
2. How does Elisha feel about the Greek literature he has learned in his first three years in Antioch?
(a) Beneath the poetry and words there is fear and regret.
(b) That he can't comprehend Greek literature fully.
(c) He hates Greek literature.
(d) That the Greek way of life is the path he is meant to follow.
3. How are the conditions of the jail described to Elisha?
(a) Royal and plush.
(d) Fair conditions.
4. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business picked up and was better than before.
(b) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
(c) He sold his business.
(d) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
5. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(a) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
2. Why do Akiba and Elisha not speak when they meet?
3. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
4. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
5. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)