|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Amram's mother.
(b) Abuyah's mother.
(c) Elisheba's mother.
(d) Elisha's mother.
2. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
(a) Rufus tries, but fails to convince the Emperor to change his plans.
(b) Rufus tells them that he can do nothing.
(c) Rufus convinces the Emperor to change his plans.
(d) Elisha insults Rufus.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(d) Because Elisha is a Greek.
4. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
(a) Because of the Emperor's plan to turn Israel into a site for pagans.
(b) The Romans killed so many jews, and burned down the temple.
(c) The Emperor is dedicating the temple to Jupiter.
(d) He has joined the Jewish rebels.
5. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(b) At a dinner.
(c) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
(d) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the great sages go to their deaths?
2. When does Elisha leave the arena?
3. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
4. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
5. What is the strength of the Jewish faith expected to outlast?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)