|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Trips over a student.
(b) Slams his fingers in the door.
(c) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
(d) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
2. What is Elisha amazed to find even on death row?
(a) The Roman soldiers treat the Jewish prisoners with dignity.
(b) The Rabbis have lost their faith.
(c) The Rabbis still believe the faith will survive.
(d) The Jewish prisoners are on death row.
3. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(b) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(c) Palestine businesses close down.
(d) Palestine mourns.
4. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(b) He must quit studying.
(c) He needs to study harder.
(d) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(b) It is adopted and set into motion.
(c) It is voted down.
(d) It is laughed out of court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
2. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
3. Where do Elisha and Pappas go to meet with Rufus?
4. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
5. What does Elisha ask of Rufus in return for his cooperation?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)