|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(a) The librarian.
2. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That there is no God.
(b) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(c) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
(d) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
3. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
(a) The library.
(b) The Sanhedrin.
(c) The headquarters of Rufus.
(d) The home of Pappas.
4. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
(a) Be tutored by Antiphanes.
(b) Flee before his troubles worsen.
(c) Refuse to oppose the Sanhedrin.
(d) Go back to Israel and stand trial.
5. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(a) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
2. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
3. What does Elisha ask of Rufus in return for his cooperation?
4. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
5. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)