|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) Deborah wants to reconcile.
(b) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(c) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
(d) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
2. Why do Akiba and Elisha not speak when they meet?
(a) Elisha is upset that Akiba did not stand by him in Israel.
(b) Akiba hates Elisha for what he did in Israel.
(c) Akiba and Elisha have no interest in each other.
(d) Akiba honors the commands of the ex-communication.
3. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
(a) To listen carefully to their teacher and the rabbis.
(b) To not believe anything they are taught in the academy.
(c) To study Greek and Roman literature as much as they can.
4. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(b) His father.
(c) His wife, Deborah.
(d) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
5. What does Elisha feel shamed by?
(a) By having to sit next to a harlot at the executions.
(b) By the dedication of his fellow rabbis.
(c) By the idea that he caused the Jewish faith to end forever.
(d) By how the other rabbis beg for their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
2. What do the Roman reinforcements bring with them?
3. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)