|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(b) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
2. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
(a) Simeon ben Azzai says he is ready to meet God and dies in their arms.
(b) The host arrives completely drunk.
(c) He claims he no longer trusts in God.
(d) The host kills the other Simeon.
3. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) He needs to study harder.
(b) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
(c) He must quit studying.
(d) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
4. What is the origin of Theo's name?
5. Who does Elisha find in prison?
(c) Joseph ben Sera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
2. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
3. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
4. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
5. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)