|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(b) Uncle Amram.
(c) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Rabbi Peter.
2. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they take a week off.
(b) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(c) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
3. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(b) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(c) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(d) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
4. Who brings Elisha the news that Manto is dying?
(c) Manto's maid.
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(b) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
(c) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(d) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
2. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
3. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
4. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
5. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)