|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do both Elisha and Pappas curtail their expenses and move to smaller apartments?
(a) They are trying to live more humble lives.
(b) They are preparing for the harsh winter.
(c) They are saving money to help the Jews war with the Romans.
(d) The economy of the area is devastated because of the war.
2. What does Elisha feel shamed by?
(a) By having to sit next to a harlot at the executions.
(b) By the idea that he caused the Jewish faith to end forever.
(c) By how the other rabbis beg for their lives.
(d) By the dedication of his fellow rabbis.
3. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
4. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
(a) To lecture a class in an academy on the importance of truth in faith.
(b) To reforge the bond with his wife.
(c) To attend the funeral of Nicholaus.
(d) To stand trial.
5. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(b) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(c) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(d) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
2. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
3. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
4. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
5. What are the names of Meir's children?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)