|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Five Years.
(b) Thirteen Years.
(c) Two Years.
(d) Fourteen Years.
2. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His grandparents died.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His father died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
3. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(b) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(c) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(d) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
4. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
(a) To arrest Demonax and take him to the proper authorities.
(b) To try and convert Demonax.
(c) To see if he will take Elisha on as a student.
(d) To see if Demonax is as superior as he claims.
5. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) He will report him to the authorities.
(b) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(c) He will stand by him as a friend.
(d) Their friendship is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
2. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
4. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)