|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they take a week off.
(c) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(d) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
2. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
(a) By not telling Rufus some important information about the Jews.
(b) By poisoning Rufus during dinner.
(c) By escaping and running away.
(d) By lying to Rufus by making up facts about the Jews.
3. What has Akiba predicted about the Roman Empire?
(a) The Roman Empire will someday fall.
(b) The Roman Empire will destroy the Jewsish faith.
(c) The Roman Empire will never fall.
(d) The Roman Empire will change some day.
4. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're richer than her.
(b) They live in squalor.
(c) They're not wealthy.
(d) Their children are annoying.
5. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
(a) Simeon ben Zoma.
(c) Simeon ben Azzai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
2. How are the conditions of the jail described to Elisha?
3. How do the great sages go to their deaths?
4. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
5. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)