|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha feel shamed by?
(a) By the idea that he caused the Jewish faith to end forever.
(b) By how the other rabbis beg for their lives.
(c) By having to sit next to a harlot at the executions.
(d) By the dedication of his fellow rabbis.
2. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) The commander does not change his orders.
(b) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
(c) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(d) He has the sages executed.
3. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Invite the Romans into town.
(c) Surrender to the Romans.
(d) Celebrate and prepare a grand feast.
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His grandparents died.
(b) His father died.
(c) His mother died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(a) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
(b) His wife, Deborah.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
3. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
4. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
5. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)