|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is happily married to Rufus.
(d) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
2. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they take a week off.
(b) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(c) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
3. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(b) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(c) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
(d) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
4. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
(a) His old tutor.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A magician.
5. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(c) A Rabbi.
(d) The Patriarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
2. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
3. What vow does Elisha make to Manto before she dies in his arms?
4. Who does Elisha find in prison?
5. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)