|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Meir's children.
(b) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
(c) Deborah and her servant girl.
(d) Joseph and Josiah.
2. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(b) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
(c) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(d) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
3. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(b) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(c) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(d) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
4. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
5. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(b) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(c) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
(d) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
2. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
3. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
4. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
5. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)