|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they take a week off.
(b) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(c) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
2. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
(a) Celebrate and prepare a grand feast.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Invite the Romans into town.
(d) Surrender to the Romans.
3. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
(a) To lecture a class in an academy on the importance of truth in faith.
(b) To reforge the bond with his wife.
(c) To stand trial.
(d) To attend the funeral of Nicholaus.
4. What does Elisha say to the other rabbis after they witness a boy fall from a tree and die?
(a) That it was all a part of God's divine plan.
(b) That the father of the boy be put on trial for negligence.
(c) That he is to leave this world, immediately.
(d) That there is no God.
5. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(d) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Demonax studied all available information on for years and found nothing to use?
2. How are the conditions of the jail described to Elisha?
3. Why do Akiba and Elisha not speak when they meet?
4. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
5. Where does the plague strike?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)