|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
(a) That Elisha's wife has been injured.
(b) That the Temple has been completed.
(c) That Meir has died in a horrible accident.
(d) That the Romans have banned Jews from working on the Temple.
2. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(a) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
(c) Advanced Greek grammer.
(d) The business of human trading.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(b) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(c) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(d) Because Elisha is a Greek.
4. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
(a) To the home of Pappas, who has been executed.
(b) To Rufus.
(c) To jail.
(d) To the home of Nicholaus, who cares for him.
5. What is the strength of the Jewish faith expected to outlast?
(a) The war against the Jews.
(b) The Jews who practice it.
(c) The paganism practiced by the Romans.
(d) The vast studies and wisdom of the Romans and Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
2. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
3. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
5. What do the Roman reinforcements bring with them?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)