|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(b) Hedonistic and self centered.
(c) Polite and well educated.
(d) Rabbis and sages.
2. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
3. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A magician.
(d) His old tutor.
4. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Slams his fingers in the door.
(b) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
(c) Trips over a student.
(d) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
5. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
3. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
4. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
5. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)