|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
(a) Amram knows that Elisha is in love with Deborah.
(b) Because Theo's family is part Greek.
(c) Deborah's family is much wealthier than Theo's.
(d) Amram thinks Theo distracts Elisha from his studies.
2. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) Math, english, and religion.
(b) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
(c) Science, math, or philosophy.
(d) Logic, reason, and astrology.
3. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(b) That he loves Deborah.
(c) That he is moving to Antioch.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
4. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(b) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
5. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
(a) Because of the Emperor's plan to turn Israel into a site for pagans.
(b) The Romans killed so many jews, and burned down the temple.
(c) The Emperor is dedicating the temple to Jupiter.
(d) He has joined the Jewish rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
2. What is the name of Meir's wife?
3. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
4. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
5. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)