|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(b) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(c) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
(d) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
(b) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(c) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(d) The two Simeons.
3. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(b) Stay and fight.
(c) Gladly leave.
(d) Go home to their families.
4. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
(a) Pappas refuses to let Elisha in his home unless he accepts God.
(b) He arrives to find Pappas does not recognize Elisha.
(c) He is welcomed warmly.
(d) Pappas tells Elisha how ashamed of Elisha he is for running away.
5. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
2. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
4. What are the names of Meir's children?
5. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)