|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
(b) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(c) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(d) Zion, a young rabbi.
2. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The Elysian court.
(b) The Roman court.
(c) The merchant drops the case.
(d) The Grecian court.
3. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
(b) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(c) She is happily married to Rufus.
(d) She does not love him.
4. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(b) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Uncle Amram.
5. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is in love with Pappas.
(b) That she is very temperamental.
(c) That she is warm and genuine.
(d) That she values wealth more than friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
2. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
3. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
4. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
5. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)