|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) Judging in Usha.
(b) By signing documents.
(c) Helping widows and children.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
2. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(a) The librarian.
3. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
(a) The Emperor is dedicating the temple to Jupiter.
(b) Because of the Emperor's plan to turn Israel into a site for pagans.
(c) He has joined the Jewish rebels.
(d) The Romans killed so many jews, and burned down the temple.
4. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine businesses close down.
(d) Palestine mourns.
5. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) Math, english, and religion.
(b) Science, math, or philosophy.
(c) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
(d) Logic, reason, and astrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. After 8 years in Antioch, Elisha writes a monograph detailing what?
2. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
4. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)