|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
(a) Azzar, an old carpenter.
(b) Shraga, a rebellious and almost insane fighter for the Jews.
(c) Zion, a young rabbi.
(d) Josef, a member of the Sanhedrin.
2. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(c) Judea and Galilee.
3. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
4. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Meir and the two Simeons.
(b) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(c) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
(d) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
5. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(b) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
(c) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(d) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
2. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
3. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
4. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
5. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)