|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(b) The efficiency and professionalism.
(c) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(d) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
2. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
(a) His old tutor.
(b) A magician.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A bookseller.
3. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
(a) His old childhood friends.
(b) Each member of the Sanhedrin, individually.
(c) His old tutor, Josef.
(d) The Christians and Gnostics.
4. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they take a week off.
(b) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
(c) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(d) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
5. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine mourns.
(d) Palestine businesses close down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
2. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
4. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)