|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A washerwoman break her leg.
(b) A temple being built.
(c) A magician doing magic tricks.
(d) A small girl dying on the street.
2. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) She should run away with him.
(b) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She has married an awful husband.
3. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(b) His hometown.
4. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
(a) To reforge the bond with his wife.
(b) To stand trial.
(c) To lecture a class in an academy on the importance of truth in faith.
(d) To attend the funeral of Nicholaus.
5. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(b) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(c) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(d) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
2. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
3. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
4. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
5. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)