|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
(a) To arrest Demonax and take him to the proper authorities.
(b) To see if Demonax is as superior as he claims.
(c) To try and convert Demonax.
(d) To see if he will take Elisha on as a student.
2. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
(b) His hometown.
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(b) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(c) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(d) He ignores their deaths.
4. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
(b) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(c) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
(d) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
5. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
2. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
3. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
4. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
5. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)