|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
(a) Rebuilt the Temple.
(b) Built a government based on Greek law.
(c) Helped him learn more Greek knowledge.
(d) Devised new methods to counteract the Sanhedrin.
2. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(b) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
(c) Deborah wants to reconcile.
(d) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
3. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
(c) Greek and Roman mythology.
4. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(b) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(c) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(d) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
(a) Elisha becomes a Bishop.
(b) Elisha leaves his wife.
(c) Elisha moves to Italy.
(d) Elisha is ordained as a Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
2. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
3. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
4. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
5. What is the name of Meir's wife?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)