|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
(a) Elisha's request is inappropriate.
(b) He is much too busy.
(c) He does not want to be associated with Elisha.
(d) He cannot teach Elisha anything that Elisha does not already know.
2. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(b) Hedonistic and self centered.
(c) Rabbis and sages.
(d) Polite and well educated.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(b) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(c) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(d) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
4. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The Roman court.
(b) The merchant drops the case.
(c) The Grecian court.
(d) The Elysian court.
5. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(b) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
(c) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(d) That he does not believe in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
2. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
3. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
5. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)