|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
(a) Rufus tries, but fails to convince the Emperor to change his plans.
(b) Rufus tells them that he can do nothing.
(c) Elisha insults Rufus.
(d) Rufus convinces the Emperor to change his plans.
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Uriah and Pariah.
(b) Samuel and Solomon.
(c) Saul and Samuel.
(d) Sarah and Samuel.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(b) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(c) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(d) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
4. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(a) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
(b) The business of human trading.
(c) Advanced Greek grammer.
5. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She has married an awful husband.
(d) She should run away with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
3. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
4. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
5. After 8 years in Antioch, Elisha writes a monograph detailing what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)