|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
2. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
(a) The Emperor is dedicating the temple to Jupiter.
(b) Because of the Emperor's plan to turn Israel into a site for pagans.
(c) He has joined the Jewish rebels.
(d) The Romans killed so many jews, and burned down the temple.
3. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Uriah and Pariah.
(b) Sarah and Samuel.
(c) Saul and Samuel.
(d) Samuel and Solomon.
4. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
(b) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(c) The efficiency and professionalism.
(d) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
5. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
(b) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(c) Deborah wants to reconcile.
(d) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
2. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
5. Where does the plague strike?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)