|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
(a) Elisha insults Rufus.
(b) Rufus tries, but fails to convince the Emperor to change his plans.
(c) Rufus tells them that he can do nothing.
(d) Rufus convinces the Emperor to change his plans.
2. Who encourages Elisha to publish his monograph?
(d) The librarian.
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) Old, ancient scrolls.
(b) An expensive lamp.
(c) A ring.
(d) A Greek book.
4. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) He must quit studying.
(b) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
(c) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(d) He needs to study harder.
5. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
(a) He is much too busy.
(b) Elisha's request is inappropriate.
(c) He does not want to be associated with Elisha.
(d) He cannot teach Elisha anything that Elisha does not already know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
2. What is the name of Meir's wife?
3. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
4. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
5. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)