|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(b) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(c) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(d) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
2. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
(a) So that Rufus will not be concerned about their relationship.
(b) Manto is uncomfortable around Elisha.
(c) Manto and Rufus always go everywhere together.
(d) Rufus orders it for their protection.
3. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
(a) He cannot teach Elisha anything that Elisha does not already know.
(b) He is much too busy.
(c) Elisha's request is inappropriate.
(d) He does not want to be associated with Elisha.
4. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(b) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(c) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(d) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
5. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
(b) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(c) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(d) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
2. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
3. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
4. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
5. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)