|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elisha present his idea to about Greek literature?
(a) Deborah, Akiba, and Amram.
(b) Akiba and the two Simeons.
(c) Meir, Deborah and Simeon.
(d) Meir and the two Simeons.
2. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(b) Very proud.
3. Why do Manto and Elisha always have a third person with them?
(a) Manto and Rufus always go everywhere together.
(b) So that Rufus will not be concerned about their relationship.
(c) Manto is uncomfortable around Elisha.
(d) Rufus orders it for their protection.
4. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're richer than her.
(b) They're not wealthy.
(c) Their children are annoying.
(d) They live in squalor.
5. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
3. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
4. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
5. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)