|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(b) The business of human trading.
(c) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
(d) Advanced Greek grammer.
2. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(b) He needs to study harder.
(c) He must quit studying.
(d) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
3. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At a dinner.
(b) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(c) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(d) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
4. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(b) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
(c) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(d) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
5. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
(b) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
(c) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(d) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
2. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
3. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
4. After 8 years in Antioch, Elisha writes a monograph detailing what?
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)