|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(c) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
2. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
3. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
4. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
(a) Each member of the Sanhedrin, individually.
(b) The Christians and Gnostics.
(c) His old childhood friends.
(d) His old tutor, Josef.
5. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) Logic, reason, and astrology.
(b) Science, math, or philosophy.
(c) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
(d) Math, english, and religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
2. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
4. Why does Elisha arrange to meet with Demonax?
5. How does Elisha feel about the Greek literature he has learned in his first three years in Antioch?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)