|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
(a) He is welcomed warmly.
(b) Pappas refuses to let Elisha in his home unless he accepts God.
(c) He arrives to find Pappas does not recognize Elisha.
(d) Pappas tells Elisha how ashamed of Elisha he is for running away.
2. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) Judging in Usha.
(b) Helping widows and children.
(c) By signing documents.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
3. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) She has married an awful husband.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(d) She should run away with him.
4. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is warm and genuine.
(b) That she is in love with Pappas.
(c) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(d) That she is very temperamental.
5. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(b) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(c) The efficiency and professionalism.
(d) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
3. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
5. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)