|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters IX - XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(b) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(c) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(d) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
2. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Their own estate.
(b) Uncle Amram's estate.
(c) Rabbi Peter's home.
(d) Akiba's house.
3. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(b) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(c) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
(d) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
4. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
(a) Greek and Roman mythology.
5. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
(a) Devised new methods to counteract the Sanhedrin.
(b) Built a government based on Greek law.
(c) Helped him learn more Greek knowledge.
(d) Rebuilt the Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
2. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
3. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
4. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
5. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)