|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(b) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(c) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(d) The case is already settled.
2. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Joseph and Josiah.
(b) Deborah and her servant girl.
(c) Meir's children.
(d) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
3. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
(a) Basic Greek grammar, culture, and history.
(b) Advanced Greek grammer.
(d) The business of human trading.
4. What information about the new rabbis reaches Elisha in Caeserea?
(a) He learns nothing about the new rabbis.
(b) The new rabbi's birthplaces.
(c) The new rabbis are missing.
(d) The new rabbi's names.
5. What is the name of Meir's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
2. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
3. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
4. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
5. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)