|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(b) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(c) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(d) He ignores their deaths.
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(b) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(c) The case is already settled.
(d) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
3. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
(a) That Elisha is helping the Romans.
(b) The weather.
(c) The structure of Roman architecture.
(d) That Elisha has grown so wise and strong in his faith.
4. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) Deborah wants to reconcile.
(b) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
(c) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(d) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
5. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She is happily married to Rufus.
(c) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(d) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
2. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
4. Where does the plague strike?
5. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)