|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
(a) No one is caught.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are praised.
(d) No one in the book practices Jewish traditions and teachings.
2. What information about the new rabbis reaches Elisha in Caeserea?
(a) The new rabbi's names.
(b) He learns nothing about the new rabbis.
(c) The new rabbis are missing.
(d) The new rabbi's birthplaces.
3. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
(a) To ask the Romans to leave them alone.
(b) To conduct the sacrifice of a small sheep.
(c) To perform the ceremony for the new rabbis.
(d) To execute Elisha for his unbelief.
4. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
(a) They refuse to teach the people.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They convert to Buddhism.
(d) They escape from the Romans without harm.
5. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
(b) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(c) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
(d) Deborah wants to reconcile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
2. Who does Rufus say will sit with Elisha during the upcoming trials?
3. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
4. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
5. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)