|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
(b) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(c) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
(d) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
2. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
3. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
(a) Flee before his troubles worsen.
(b) Be tutored by Antiphanes.
(c) Go back to Israel and stand trial.
(d) Refuse to oppose the Sanhedrin.
4. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She is happily married to Rufus.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
(d) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is voted down.
(b) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(c) It is laughed out of court.
(d) It is adopted and set into motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
2. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
3. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
4. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
5. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)