|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(c) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(d) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
2. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
(a) He considers it a necessary evil.
(b) He plans to pursue it as a future career.
3. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(b) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
(c) They pretend to be lepers.
(d) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
4. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(b) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
(c) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(d) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
5. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
(a) To ask the Romans to leave them alone.
(b) To conduct the sacrifice of a small sheep.
(c) To perform the ceremony for the new rabbis.
(d) To execute Elisha for his unbelief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
2. What does Manto decide Elisha should do, after she becomes involved in his quest?
3. Where does the plague strike?
4. What are the names of Meir's children?
5. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)