|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(b) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
(c) He sold his business.
(d) His business picked up and was better than before.
3. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
(b) The efficiency and professionalism.
(c) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(d) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
4. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Rabbis and sages.
(b) Hedonistic and self centered.
(c) Polite and well educated.
(d) Both religious zealots and scientists.
5. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
(a) To perform the ceremony for the new rabbis.
(b) To execute Elisha for his unbelief.
(c) To conduct the sacrifice of a small sheep.
(d) To ask the Romans to leave them alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
2. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
3. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
4. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)