|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
(a) No one is caught.
(b) They are executed.
(c) No one in the book practices Jewish traditions and teachings.
(d) They are praised.
2. Where does the plague strike?
3. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
(a) Strongly reprimands Elisha.
(b) Arrests Elisha and Pappas.
(c) Doesn't realize Elisha has deceived him.
(d) Arrests only Elisha.
4. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Polite and well educated.
(b) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(c) Hedonistic and self centered.
(d) Rabbis and sages.
5. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
(a) Judah ben Baba flees to Morocco.
(b) The Persians attack Rome.
(c) Elisha talks with Judah ben Baba about logic and faith.
(d) The Romans find Judah ben Baba and kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
2. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
3. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
4. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)