|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
(a) The expansive Greek reference library adjacent to the courtroom.
(b) The complete lack of prejudice against jewish people.
(c) The lavish adornments, and the beautiful architecture.
(d) The efficiency and professionalism.
2. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A washerwoman break her leg.
(b) A small girl dying on the street.
(c) A temple being built.
(d) A magician doing magic tricks.
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He ignores their deaths.
(b) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(c) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(d) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
4. What information about the new rabbis reaches Elisha in Caeserea?
(a) The new rabbis are missing.
(b) The new rabbi's names.
(c) The new rabbi's birthplaces.
(d) He learns nothing about the new rabbis.
5. What does Rufus do when he realizes Elisha has tried to deceive him?
(a) Strongly reprimands Elisha.
(b) Arrests Elisha and Pappas.
(c) Doesn't realize Elisha has deceived him.
(d) Arrests only Elisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
2. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
3. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
4. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
5. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)