|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be lepers.
(b) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(c) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(d) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
(a) That Elisha is helping the Romans.
(b) That Elisha has grown so wise and strong in his faith.
(c) The structure of Roman architecture.
(d) The weather.
3. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(b) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
(c) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(d) His own feelings of bloodlust.
4. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
(a) Manto tells Elisha that Rufus is planning on killing him.
(b) Elisha tells Manto he must leave Antioch.
(c) They consummate their love for one another.
(d) They discuss the arena where men and lions kill each other.
5. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is laughed out of court.
(b) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(c) It is adopted and set into motion.
(d) It is voted down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
2. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
4. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
5. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)