|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Rabbis and sages.
(b) Hedonistic and self centered.
(c) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(d) Polite and well educated.
2. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is adopted and set into motion.
(b) It is laughed out of court.
(c) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(d) It is voted down.
3. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
(a) His business went bankrupt and he was ostracized from the land.
(b) His business was set on fire and he had to move to another building.
(c) He sold his business.
(d) His business picked up and was better than before.
4. What information about the new rabbis reaches Elisha in Caeserea?
(a) The new rabbis are missing.
(b) The new rabbi's names.
(c) He learns nothing about the new rabbis.
(d) The new rabbi's birthplaces.
5. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(b) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(c) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
(d) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
2. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
3. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
4. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
5. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)