|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is voted down.
(b) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(c) It is laughed out of court.
(d) It is adopted and set into motion.
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) The case is already settled.
(b) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(c) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(d) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
3. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(b) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(c) They pretend to be lepers.
(d) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
4. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
(a) The Romans find Judah ben Baba and kill him.
(b) The Persians attack Rome.
(c) Elisha talks with Judah ben Baba about logic and faith.
(d) Judah ben Baba flees to Morocco.
5. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
2. What do the rabbis talk about during their meeting, other than keeping the faith alive and ordaining new rabbis?
3. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
4. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
5. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)