|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
(b) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
(c) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(d) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
2. Who arrives on a Roman ship at the port of Antioch?
(d) A delegation of the Sanhedrin.
3. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(a) Very proud.
4. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
(b) He considers it a necessary evil.
(d) He plans to pursue it as a future career.
5. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(b) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
(c) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
(d) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
2. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
3. When Elisha begins his studies on Antioch, what does he study first?
4. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
5. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)