|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
(a) Said he knew of Elisha's Greek studies.
(b) Introduced an interdict on Greek studies.
(c) Left the Sanhedrin in anguish over his friends misfortune.
(d) Said he would go to Antioch and find Elisha by himself.
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Saul and Samuel.
(b) Uriah and Pariah.
(c) Samuel and Solomon.
(d) Sarah and Samuel.
3. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
(a) They disappear.
(b) They escape from the Romans without harm.
(c) They refuse to teach the people.
(d) They convert to Buddhism.
4. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
(a) By escaping and running away.
(b) By poisoning Rufus during dinner.
(c) By lying to Rufus by making up facts about the Jews.
(d) By not telling Rufus some important information about the Jews.
5. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
(a) They are executed.
(b) No one in the book practices Jewish traditions and teachings.
(c) They are praised.
(d) No one is caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
2. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
3. Where does the plague strike?
4. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
5. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)