|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task has Rabbi Judah ben Baba been chosen for during the meeting in the attic?
(a) To ask the Romans to leave them alone.
(b) To perform the ceremony for the new rabbis.
(c) To conduct the sacrifice of a small sheep.
(d) To execute Elisha for his unbelief.
2. Why does Manto say it is impossible for her to marry Elisha?
(a) She is happily married to Rufus.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She would be looked down upon by her friends.
(d) She cannot leave her lifestyle.
3. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
(a) Rabbis and sages.
(b) Both religious zealots and scientists.
(c) Polite and well educated.
(d) Hedonistic and self centered.
4. Roman officers come to the house of Pappas to deliver what document to Elisha?
(a) A summons to appear before the chief justice of the province.
(b) An order from the Roman empire to leave Antioch forever.
(c) A welcome letter from the chief justice of the province.
(d) A letter from his wife, Deborah, pleading for his return.
5. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(b) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(c) They pretend to be lepers.
(d) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
2. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
3. How does Elisha feel about the subject of human trading?
4. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
5. What is the name of Meir's wife?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)