1. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) The Patriarch.
(c) A Rabbi.
2. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Elisha's mother.
(b) Amram's mother.
(c) Abuyah's mother.
(d) Elisheba's mother.
3. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
4. What is the origin of Theo's name?
5. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(b) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(c) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(d) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
6. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(b) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(c) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(d) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
This section contains 6,062 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)