|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the priest react to Stephen's confession?
2. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
3. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
4. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
5. What does Stephen think when he sees his friends playing in the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about a mother's love. Start with Cranly's assessment of a mother's love and how his arguments affected Stephen. Your essay will either agree with Cranly or disagree and should include some examples to illustrate your point.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about dysfunctional families like Stephen's. In what ways were they dysfunctional? In your essay talk about finances, religious differences, and living conditions which contribute to the dysfunction of a family.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay stating your views of parochial education versus public school education. List in your essay the positives and negatives of each. End with your recommendations about education for young children.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)