Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some things Stephen remembers while contemplating his sins?
2. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
3. How does Stephen feel about the Virgin?
4. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
5. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
Write an essay on decision making. The symbolism of Stephen's pacing back and forth between the chapel and Byron's pub is his crossroads decision to return to the church and become a priest or give in to his desire to become an artist. In your essay discuss both the rational and emotional elements involved in decision making process.
Write an essay about dysfunctional families like Stephen's. In what ways were they dysfunctional? In your essay talk about finances, religious differences, and living conditions which contribute to the dysfunction of a family.
Write an essay on your opinion regarding corporal punishment in schools. Use the examples of the pandybat and the flogging of the runaways from the novel. Explain how effective you think corporal punishment is or is not. Give your opinion as to whether it should be banned in schools.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)