Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some things Stephen remembers while contemplating his sins?
2. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
3. How does Stephen feel about the Virgin?
4. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
5. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea of love at first sight. Use Stephen's early encounter with the girl on the tram as a starting point. Express your opinion about the concept of love at first sight. Include an example from modern day experience.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the importance of self-reliance. By contrast to Stephen, it was Cranly who was ultimately alone. In your essay explain how being self-reliant actually makes a person more attractive to others.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, "Why James Joyce is Still Cool." This essay will center around the idea that Joyce's works are as relevant today as they were when they were written. It will also include his fresh approach to writing that makes the reader not want to put the book down. Some mention should also be included about the characters in his novels and what makes them cool as well.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)