|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher say is available to the living to spare them from this everlasting torment?
2. How does Stephen now view his life?
3. Whose innocence does Stephen remember trampling on?
4. What has Stephen been able to feel instead of love or hate?
5. What distracting sight does Stephen come upon while he wades in the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the inner conflict most people have in trying to live out their religion. The basic idea of most religion is to control natural impulses. Give your opinion on how that creates problems with daily living.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay entitled, "Why James Joyce is Still Cool." This essay will center around the idea that Joyce's works are as relevant today as they were when they were written. It will also include his fresh approach to writing that makes the reader not want to put the book down. Some mention should also be included about the characters in his novels and what makes them cool as well.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject of bullying. The boy named Wells is a good example of student bullying. Father Dolan is an example of adult to child bullying. In your essay discuss the harmful effects of bullying on the victims and also the perpetrators.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)