|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from the Bible are contrasted by the preacher?
2. Leaving the director's office, what does Stephen think about the life offered him?
3. What does Stephen resolve to do?
4. What does Stephen feel by allowing sin to creep near to him before resisting it at the last moment?
5. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the subject of bullying. The boy named Wells is a good example of student bullying. Father Dolan is an example of adult to child bullying. In your essay discuss the harmful effects of bullying on the victims and also the perpetrators.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay stating your views of parochial education versus public school education. List in your essay the positives and negatives of each. End with your recommendations about education for young children.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on political and religious bigotry. Explain in your essay how stubbornly held biases are divisive and foster hate and mistrust. Discuss how it is possible for people with different political and religious views to live peacefully together.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)