|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose innocence does Stephen remember trampling on?
2. What do the sermons do for Stephen?
3. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
4. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
5. What does Stephen seem to hear now that he has changed the course of his life?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on political and religious bigotry. Explain in your essay how stubbornly held biases are divisive and foster hate and mistrust. Discuss how it is possible for people with different political and religious views to live peacefully together.
Essay Topic 2
Write a review of A PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN. Discuss style, language, interest, ease of reading and understanding, and plot development. Whether you give the novel a positive or negative rating, state your reasons.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject of bullying. The boy named Wells is a good example of student bullying. Father Dolan is an example of adult to child bullying. In your essay discuss the harmful effects of bullying on the victims and also the perpetrators.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)