|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes fear into the sinner, but is a blessed moment for the believer?
2. What does Stephen resolve to do?
3. What is Stephen's condition as he leaves the retreat?
4. How does Stephen now view his life?
5. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the beauty of language. Take examples of some of Joyce's descriptive lines that paint a vivid mental image. Give your opinion as to whether using beautiful language is a lost art. Include in your essay what effect you think text messaging has had on language.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the inner conflict most people have in trying to live out their religion. The basic idea of most religion is to control natural impulses. Give your opinion on how that creates problems with daily living.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject of bullying. The boy named Wells is a good example of student bullying. Father Dolan is an example of adult to child bullying. In your essay discuss the harmful effects of bullying on the victims and also the perpetrators.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)