Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some things Stephen remembers while contemplating his sins?
2. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
3. How does Stephen feel about the Virgin?
4. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
5. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on following your dreams. What might have happened to Stephen if he abandoned his dream of becoming an artist? From that perspective, write your essay on the importance of pursuing a career path that is ultimately fulfilling.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the subject of bullying. The boy named Wells is a good example of student bullying. Father Dolan is an example of adult to child bullying. In your essay discuss the harmful effects of bullying on the victims and also the perpetrators.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, "Why James Joyce is Still Cool." This essay will center around the idea that Joyce's works are as relevant today as they were when they were written. It will also include his fresh approach to writing that makes the reader not want to put the book down. Some mention should also be included about the characters in his novels and what makes them cool as well.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)