|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen discover when he returns home from the director's office?
(a) Uncle Charles has died.
(b) They are all excited about his becoming a priest.
(c) His father is in the hospital.
(d) The family is being forced to move again.
2. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
(a) a banquet will be served
(b) a day of prayer and meditation will be observed
(c) confession will be heard
(d) all classes will be shortened
3. Who from the Bible are contrasted by the preacher?
(a) Pontius Pilate is contrasted with christ.
(b) Moses is contrasted with Christ.
(c) Adam and Eve are contrasted with Christ.
(d) Pharaoh is contrasted with Christ.
4. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
5. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
(a) why he always thinks too much
(b) why he refused the priesthood
(c) why his family always had such bad luck
(d) why he had been born
Short Answer Questions
1. At the first of the retreat, what helps to awaken Stephen's soul slightly?
2. What do the sermons do for Stephen?
3. What distracting sight does Stephen come upon while he wades in the water?
4. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
5. What has Stephen been able to feel instead of love or hate?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)