|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
(a) his face in the mirror
(b) having religious discussions
(c) giving in to temptation
(d) the idea of becoming a priest
2. How could Stephen's thoughts after leaving the director's office be described in one word?
3. What causes Stephen to recall how saints were tried again and again by sin?
(a) his interest in the lives of saints
(b) his many daily temptations
(c) his ability to avoid temptation
(d) his lingering guilt for his past
4. What strikes fear into the sinner, but is a blessed moment for the believer?
(b) the Eucharist
(d) the divil
5. How does Stephen now view his life?
(a) as a drudge worker in a heartless world
(b) as an escape from the old path and embarking on a new one
(c) as a complete waste from which he learned nothing
(d) as a hopeless drifter without proper education
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sermons do for Stephen?
2. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
3. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
4. Where does Stephen's walking around in smaller and smaller circles eventually lead him?
5. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)