|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the preacher define sin?
(a) a slap in the face of God
(b) a wallowing in sinful mire
(c) a rebellion of the intellect, incompatible with our true nature
(d) a giving in to our naturally base natures
2. What causes Stephen to recall how saints were tried again and again by sin?
(a) his many daily temptations
(b) his lingering guilt for his past
(c) his ability to avoid temptation
(d) his interest in the lives of saints
3. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
(a) why he always thinks too much
(b) why he had been born
(c) why his family always had such bad luck
(d) why he refused the priesthood
4. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
(a) as an atheist
(b) as an agnostic
(c) as a Jesuit
(d) as a hypocrite
5. What keeps him from confessing his unworthiness and walking out of the chapel?
(a) the peacefulness of the chapel
(b) the priest is watching him
(c) the fear of God
(d) the Virgin Mary
Short Answer Questions
1. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
2. How could Stephen's thoughts after leaving the director's office be described in one word?
3. What offer does the director make to Stephen when he calls him to his office?
4. What are some things Stephen remembers while contemplating his sins?
5. What happens to Stephen's voice as he gets to his major sin?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)