|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone in his room, what does Stephen see when he closes his eyes?
(a) his sins replayed before him
(b) the tears of the virgin Mary
(c) faces of saints
(d) the girl Emma begging bread
2. What is detailed by cramped conditions, the darkness, the stench, the fires, the enraged howls and suffering screams of the damned, and the mocking of devils?
(a) the prison for those who commit murder
(b) the treatment Jesus endured at the hands of man
(c) the eternal suffering in hell
(d) the heads of people who willfully sin
3. How does Stephen come to view all of creation?
(a) as a reminder of the lust in the world
(b) as an accident of nature
(c) as the evolution of the species
(d) as an expression of God's love and power
4. In whose honor is the retreat being held?
(a) The Virgin Mary
(b) Saint Francis Xavier, patron of the college
(c) Saint Francis of Assissi
(d) Saint Jude, patron of lost causes
5. What is Stephen coming to believe about gaining wisdom?
(a) It must be learned through study.
(b) It must come from his own experience.
(c) It must happen through a miracle.
(d) It must involve his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen suddenly realize about his family relationships?
2. After the confession, how does Stephen feel?
3. How does the director describe the life of a priest?
4. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
5. What do the sermons do for Stephen?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)