|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the preacher say is available to the living to spare them from this everlasting torment?
(a) unqualified absolution
(b) candles and incense
2. What is detailed by cramped conditions, the darkness, the stench, the fires, the enraged howls and suffering screams of the damned, and the mocking of devils?
(a) the heads of people who willfully sin
(b) the treatment Jesus endured at the hands of man
(c) the eternal suffering in hell
(d) the prison for those who commit murder
3. What does Stephen suddenly realize about his family relationships?
(a) that they have never been strong
(b) that they are becoming stronger
(c) that they have stiffled the family
(d) that they are silently severing
4. How does Stephen now view the guardians of his boyhood?
(a) as the factor that has made him strong
(b) as ways of keeping him ignorant
(c) as necessary influences
(d) as means of controlling him
5. How could Stephen's thoughts after leaving the director's office be described in one word?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
2. After dinner, why does Stephen march out of the house?
3. What does Stephen do after running in ecstasy along the beach?
4. What offer does the director make to Stephen when he calls him to his office?
5. As he goes outside, what serves to increase his piety?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)