|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen now view his life?
(a) as a hopeless drifter without proper education
(b) as a drudge worker in a heartless world
(c) as an escape from the old path and embarking on a new one
(d) as a complete waste from which he learned nothing
2. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
(a) why he always thinks too much
(b) why his family always had such bad luck
(c) why he refused the priesthood
(d) why he had been born
3. What does Stephen think about when he hears his name called?
(a) the Greek myth of Daedalus and his son Icarus as prophecy
(b) what a strange name he has
(c) startled that he almost forgot his real name
(d) Jesus calling his disciples to follow him
4. What is Stephen coming to believe about gaining wisdom?
(a) It must involve his family.
(b) It must happen through a miracle.
(c) It must come from his own experience.
(d) It must be learned through study.
5. How does Stephen feel about the Virgin?
(a) Mary does not humiliate the sinner who approaches her.
(b) She has chosen him to be her white knight.
(c) She can order her Son to do her will.
(d) As a mother, she overlooks the sins of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rector say the retreat signifies?
2. What does the rector announce to the class?
3. How does Stephen see himself because of his frequent visits to the brothel?
4. How does the director describe the life of a priest?
5. Since the only sins Stephen has to confess these days are minor, what does his confessor want him to name?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)