|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen think when he sees his friends playing in the water?
(a) how they look characterless and pitiable in their nakedness
(b) how much stronger their bodies appear than his does
(c) how they seem happy and without a care in the world
(d) how confident they appear against his insecurities
2. When the rector enters the classroom, what does the boy behind Stephen want him to do?
(a) to lead a salute to the rector
(b) to ask the rector a difficult question
(c) to pretend to plug up his ears
(d) to put an apple on the rector's desk
3. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
(a) that there is not enough time in the day to do them all
(b) that he is not doing them the right way
(c) that he is forgetting some improtant devltions
(d) that no degree of devotion shall ever be enough
4. Who does not want Stephen to go to the university?
(a) the Jesuits
(c) his mother
(d) his brothers and sisters
5. What does the rector announce to the class?
(a) extra credit for serving as altarboys
(b) tests for a scholarship program
(c) an early dismissal for the next few days
(d) a retreat over the next few days
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
2. What has Stephen been able to feel instead of love or hate?
3. What distracting sight does Stephen come upon while he wades in the water?
4. What offer does the director make to Stephen when he calls him to his office?
5. To what does Stephen devote each different day of the week?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)