Short Answer Key
1. What is the literary method used in the novel?
stream of consciousness
2. What was Stephen's early song?
O, the Wild Rose Blooms
3. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
4. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
on the fringes of his line
5. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
that she was going to cry
6. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
a countdown to the holidays
7. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
8. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
closing and opening the flaps of his ears
9. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
kissing his mother before bedtime
10. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy,...
This section contains 2,794 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)