|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
(a) a banquet will be served
(b) confession will be heard
(c) a day of prayer and meditation will be observed
(d) all classes will be shortened
2. At the first of the retreat, what helps to awaken Stephen's soul slightly?
(a) the topic of a caring God
(b) the topic of Pergatory
(c) the topics of death and judgment
(d) the topics of love and forgiveness
3. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(b) Uncle Charles
(c) his father
4. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
(a) He speaks with a devoutly religious voice.
(b) He speaks mainly from Stephen's mother's point of view.
(c) He speaks largely from Stephen's perspective.
(d) He speaks only as an Irish nationalist.
5. When rain starts to fall, where do some students gather for shelter?
(a) under the trees
(b) in coffeeshops
(c) in the train depot
(d) in front of the library entrance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dean ask Stephen if he can answer?
2. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
3. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
4. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
5. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)