|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen come to view all of creation?
(a) as an accident of nature
(b) as an expression of God's love and power
(c) as a reminder of the lust in the world
(d) as the evolution of the species
2. What are Stephen's father and the priests always urging him to do?
(a) to confess his sins daily
(b) to work harder at his lessons
(c) to enter the priesthood
(d) to be a gentleman and a good Catholic
3. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
4. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
(a) He goes to a cast party.
(b) He hides backstage.
(c) He looks for the girl.
(d) He rushes off.
5. What are the Fenians?
(a) people searching for rainbows
(b) supporters of Irish nationalism
(c) French-Irish mixtures
(d) fictional Celtic gods
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose innocence does Stephen remember trampling on?
2. When does Stephen feel happy?
3. What does the preacher say is available to the living to spare them from this everlasting torment?
4. What goes through Stephen's head as he enters the confessional?
5. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)