|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Stephen give when Davin asks if he is Irish at all?
(a) Stephen refuses to answer.
(b) Stephen says he'll show him his family tree.
(c) Stephen sneers at davin.
(d) Stephen speaks Gaelic.
2. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
(b) Minnie Cooper
(c) Bentley Ann
3. What does Stephen classify as the tragic emotions that look toward both Lynch and him?
(a) joy and lust
(b) peace and quiet
(c) pity and terror
(d) fear and confusion
4. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
(a) while someone is dying
(b) while committing a deliberate sin
(c) while friends are weeping over the coffin
(d) while the world comes to an end
5. Who from the Bible are contrasted by the preacher?
(a) Adam and Eve are contrasted with Christ.
(b) Moses is contrasted with Christ.
(c) Pontius Pilate is contrasted with christ.
(d) Pharaoh is contrasted with Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes fear into the sinner, but is a blessed moment for the believer?
2. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
3. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
4. How does Stephen evaluate Cranly's speech?
5. For what does Stephen continually search?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)