|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Stephen feel happy?
(a) only when he sees the girl from the tram
(b) only when he thinks of Mercedes
(c) only when he has a sweet to eat
(d) only when he is alone
2. Whose innocence does Stephen remember trampling on?
(a) a girl named Emma
(c) the girl on the tram
(d) a young prostitute
3. What does Stephen find pleasing when he tires of Aristotle and Aquinas?
(a) the newspaper headlines
(b) the crunch of gravel beneath his feet
(c) the ideas he has for his own original work
(d) the songs of the Elizabethans
4. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) The Irish Lullaby
(b) Old Dan tucker
(c) In the Gloaming
(d) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
5. What is the reference to the Firblog?
(a) an arsonist
(b) articles about evergreen trees
(c) a kind of insect
(d) oppressed Irish people
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
2. As he goes outside, what serves to increase his piety?
3. Why does Stephen exert enormous energy in filling his days with penitent devotion, zealous prayers, and rosary recitations?
4. What is Davin's accusation against Stephen?
5. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)