|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of eavesdropping
(b) his habit of writing poems
(c) his habit of cutting classes
(d) his habit of obedience
2. What is happening with Stephen during further hard times for the family?
(a) He is losing his faith again.
(b) He is growing stronger in his faith.
(c) He is leaning toward joining the Jesuits.
(d) He is turning to a life of crime.
3. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
(a) about 19
(b) only 16
(c) already 21
(d) just 14
4. What does Stephen classify as the tragic emotions that look toward both Lynch and him?
(a) peace and quiet
(b) joy and lust
(c) pity and terror
(d) fear and confusion
5. What troubles Stephen that is so little cared about in general society?
(a) his family problems
(b) his interest in education
(c) his religious convictions
(d) his esthetic philosophy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about his mother that really bothers Stephen when the subject of the university comes up?
2. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
3. Although he purposefully enters the brothel, how does he feel later?
4. What does Stephen think when he sees his friends playing in the water?
5. Leaving the director's office, what does Stephen think about the life offered him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)