|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He runs away from Clongowes.
(b) His glasses break.
(c) He gets a bloody nose.
(d) He fights back.
2. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) In the thick of the action
(b) on the fringes of his line
(c) next to the prefect
(d) on the bench
3. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
(a) as a Jesuit
(b) as a hypocrite
(c) as an agnostic
(d) as an atheist
4. How does the preacher define sin?
(a) a wallowing in sinful mire
(b) a slap in the face of God
(c) a giving in to our naturally base natures
(d) a rebellion of the intellect, incompatible with our true nature
5. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) a team to make money
(b) a blood brother pact
(c) ways to meet girls
(d) imaginary adventures
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen see himself because of his frequent visits to the brothel?
2. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
3. How does Stephen consider the English language?
4. What goes through Stephen's head as he enters the confessional?
5. What was Stephen's early song?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)