|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Stephen's thoughts after leaving the director's office be described in one word?
2. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
(a) His attitude is one of boredom.
(b) He plans to be sick next Friday.
(c) His heart withers with fear.
(d) He is glad he will have a chance to reform.
3. Where does Stephen's walking around in smaller and smaller circles eventually lead him?
(a) the the church
(b) to the brothel quarter
(c) to the school
(d) to his home
4. How does Stephen come to view all of creation?
(a) as an accident of nature
(b) as the evolution of the species
(c) as a reminder of the lust in the world
(d) as an expression of God's love and power
5. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) imaginary adventures
(b) a team to make money
(c) ways to meet girls
(d) a blood brother pact
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes through Stephen's head as he enters the confessional?
2. Where does Stephen's father want to send him?
3. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
4. Now a student in the university, what is Stephen's attitude toward the lectures?
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)