|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Stephen feel happy?
(a) only when he has a sweet to eat
(b) only when he thinks of Mercedes
(c) only when he sees the girl from the tram
(d) only when he is alone
2. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
(a) in a small, whitewashed house outside of Blackrock
(b) in an apartment in London
(c) on a houseboat
(d) in a three storey house in Dublin
3. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He has grown too senile.
(c) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(d) He drives a new carriage.
4. What does Stephen seem to hear now that he has changed the course of his life?
(a) symphonies of opportunity
(b) strains of elfin music filled with nature
(c) noisey clanging of discord
(d) raindrops falling on his head
5. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
(a) why he refused the priesthood
(b) why he had been born
(c) why he always thinks too much
(d) why his family always had such bad luck
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
2. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
3. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
4. How does Stephen see his acts of devotion to God?
5. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)