|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening with Stephen during further hard times for the family?
(a) He is leaning toward joining the Jesuits.
(b) He is growing stronger in his faith.
(c) He is turning to a life of crime.
(d) He is losing his faith again.
2. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) a visit to a clinic
(b) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
(c) the auction of his property
(d) a job interview
3. After the confession, how does Stephen feel?
(a) afraid he will die before receiving holy communion
(b) euphoric and filled with grace
(c) glad that it is over but feeling the same
(d) happy to tell everyone his joy
4. For what does Stephen continually search?
(a) for his friend Aubrey
(b) for his fortune
(c) for a job
(d) for his Mercedes
5. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(c) He drives a new carriage.
(d) He has grown too senile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the only sins Stephen has to confess these days are minor, what does his confessor want him to name?
2. Leaving the director's office, what does Stephen think about the life offered him?
3. What keeps him from confessing his unworthiness and walking out of the chapel?
4. What happens to Stephen's voice as he gets to his major sin?
5. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)