|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
2. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that her hat was on backwards
(b) that she was going to cry
(c) that she wore too much perfume
(d) that she was in a hurry to leave
3. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
(a) that maybe there is no God and no need for religion
(b) that he can confess to the Virgin and never do it again
(c) that false homage to God cannot atone for sin as grievous as his.
(d) that God created him the way he is and there is nothing he can do about it
4. How could Stephen's thoughts after leaving the director's office be described in one word?
5. Where does Stephen's father want to send him?
(a) to a trade school
(b) the university
(c) to New York
(d) to Australia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen discover when he returns home from the director's office?
2. Who is Mike Flynn?
3. What does Stephen think when he sees his friends playing in the water?
4. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
5. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)