|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) return to their seats
(b) sit on the floor
(d) stand in the corner
2. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
3. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
(a) newspaper headlines
(b) odes by Keats
(c) the collected poems of Lord Byron
(d) the Canterbury Tales
4. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They stole from the collection box.
(b) They went to sea.
(c) They spit in the holy water.
(d) They drank communion wine.
5. What does Stephen think when he sees his friends playing in the water?
(a) how much stronger their bodies appear than his does
(b) how they look characterless and pitiable in their nakedness
(c) how confident they appear against his insecurities
(d) how they seem happy and without a care in the world
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracting sight does Stephen come upon while he wades in the water?
2. What public transportation does Stephen take?
3. What does Stephen do after running in ecstasy along the beach?
4. How does the director describe the life of a priest?
5. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)