|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his lack of proper education
(b) his lack of ambition
(c) his inability to express himself
(d) his youth and foolish impulses
2. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He drives a new carriage.
(c) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(d) He has grown too senile.
3. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They spit in the holy water.
(b) They stole from the collection box.
(c) They drank communion wine.
(d) They went to sea.
4. After the confession, how does Stephen feel?
(a) happy to tell everyone his joy
(b) euphoric and filled with grace
(c) glad that it is over but feeling the same
(d) afraid he will die before receiving holy communion
5. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
(a) in an apartment in London
(b) on a houseboat
(c) in a small, whitewashed house outside of Blackrock
(d) in a three storey house in Dublin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
2. In whose honor is the retreat being held?
3. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
4. What does Stephen suddenly realize about his family relationships?
5. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)