|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not want Stephen to go to the university?
(a) his mother
(b) the Jesuits
(c) his brothers and sisters
2. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
3. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
(b) Byron Academy
(d) Dublin Polytechnic
4. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
(a) about 19
(b) already 21
(c) just 14
(d) only 16
5. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
(a) odes by Keats
(b) the collected poems of Lord Byron
(c) newspaper headlines
(d) the Canterbury Tales
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen resolve to do?
2. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
3. What is a major theme of the book?
4. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
5. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)