|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his lack of ambition
(b) his lack of proper education
(c) his inability to express himself
(d) his youth and foolish impulses
2. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
3. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
(a) He does not understand fully what they talk about.
(b) He wonders why adults like to talk so much.
(c) He takes in everything and understands.
(d) He begins to formulate new political ideas.
4. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
(a) as an atheist
(b) as a Jesuit
(c) as an agnostic
(d) as a hypocrite
5. When does Stephen feel happy?
(a) only when he has a sweet to eat
(b) only when he thinks of Mercedes
(c) only when he sees the girl from the tram
(d) only when he is alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
2. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
3. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
4. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
5. How does Stephen begin to see his mother's faith?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)