|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
(a) They are tied behind his back.
(b) They are placed in hot water.
(c) They are pressed against the wall.
(d) They are given whacks with the pandybat.
2. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) a relapse of his illness
(b) his father's heart attack
(c) Christmas holidays
(d) his sister's wedding
3. Who from the Bible are contrasted by the preacher?
(a) Adam and Eve are contrasted with Christ.
(b) Pharaoh is contrasted with Christ.
(c) Pontius Pilate is contrasted with christ.
(d) Moses is contrasted with Christ.
4. After dinner, why does Stephen march out of the house?
(a) to find a chapel in which to confess
(b) to find Emma and beg her forgiveness
(c) to go by the brothels to see if he can overcome his lusts
(d) to return to school and see Father Arnall
5. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
(a) having religious discussions
(b) the idea of becoming a priest
(c) giving in to temptation
(d) his face in the mirror
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
2. To what does Stephen devote each different day of the week?
3. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
4. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
5. How does Stephen come to view all of creation?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)