|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) Christmas holidays
(b) his father's heart attack
(c) a relapse of his illness
(d) his sister's wedding
2. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) delivering newspapers
(b) unpacking boxes
(c) doing laundry
(d) carrying messages
3. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
(a) in an apartment in London
(b) on a houseboat
(c) in a three storey house in Dublin
(d) in a small, whitewashed house outside of Blackrock
4. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
5. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
(a) a boy named Tusker Boyle
(b) a boy named Corrigan
(c) a boy named Simon Moonan
(d) a boy named Wells
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaving the director's office, what does Stephen think about the life offered him?
2. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
3. When does Stephen feel happy?
4. What does Stephen resolve to do?
5. How does Stephen now view the guardians of his boyhood?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)