|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that she wore too much perfume
(b) that she was going to cry
(c) that she was in a hurry to leave
(d) that her hat was on backwards
2. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
(a) margin notes he wrote
(b) nice sentences
(c) large print
(d) funny illustrations
3. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) The Pickwick Papers
(b) comic books
(c) the newspaper
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo
4. What do Stephen and Aubrey do in the meadow?
(a) ride a mare in the field
(b) pretend to be pirates
(c) look for buried treasure
(d) play football
5. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How much she looks like Mercedes.
(b) How he would like to kick her.
(c) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
(d) How she is too old for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the preacher define sin?
2. What does Stephen think about when he hears his name called?
3. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
4. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
5. What has Stephen been able to feel instead of love or hate?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)