|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
(a) as a hero
(b) as a sneak
(c) as an enemy
(d) as a tattle tale
2. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Arnall
(b) Father Dolan
(c) Father O'Casey
(d) Father Parnell
3. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
(a) His mother takes in laundry.
(b) He notices slight changes around the house.
(c) He does not get new clothes.
(d) His father sells the automobile.
4. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
(a) answers to test questions
(b) a letter from his mother
(c) a photo of Eileen
(d) a countdown to the holidays
5. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
(a) a boy named Tusker Boyle
(b) a boy named Corrigan
(c) a boy named Simon Moonan
(d) a boy named Wells
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
2. Who from the Bible are contrasted by the preacher?
3. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
4. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
5. How does Stephen now view his life?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)