|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the only sins Stephen has to confess these days are minor, what does his confessor want him to name?
(a) sins that still tempt him
(b) his old sins
(c) sins that he would never commit
(d) his fantasies about sinning
2. How does Stephen classify one who plays the role of a believer though he does not believe?
(a) as an atheist
(b) as a hypocrite
(c) as an agnostic
(d) as a Jesuit
3. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
(a) giving in to temptation
(b) having religious discussions
(c) the idea of becoming a priest
(d) his face in the mirror
4. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) ways to meet girls
(b) a team to make money
(c) imaginary adventures
(d) a blood brother pact
5. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
(a) Stephen works out on the track with Mike.
(b) Stephen finds a steady job.
(c) Stephen does not return to Clongowes.
(d) Stephen's family moves again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
3. What happens to Stephen's voice as he gets to his major sin?
4. What offer does the director make to Stephen when he calls him to his office?
5. What do Stephen and Aubrey do in the meadow?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)