|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Stephen and Aubrey do in the meadow?
(a) look for buried treasure
(b) pretend to be pirates
(c) play football
(d) ride a mare in the field
2. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
(a) that he is forgetting some improtant devltions
(b) that there is not enough time in the day to do them all
(c) that he is not doing them the right way
(d) that no degree of devotion shall ever be enough
3. What about his life in the past does Stephen now wonder about?
(a) why he had been born
(b) why he always thinks too much
(c) why his family always had such bad luck
(d) why he refused the priesthood
4. How does Stephen feel about the Virgin?
(a) As a mother, she overlooks the sins of her children.
(b) Mary does not humiliate the sinner who approaches her.
(c) She has chosen him to be her white knight.
(d) She can order her Son to do her will.
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) humming softly to himself
(b) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(c) putting beans in his ears
(d) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Stephen continually search?
2. What does Stephen feel by allowing sin to creep near to him before resisting it at the last moment?
3. What causes Stephen to recall how saints were tried again and again by sin?
4. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
5. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)