|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen feel about the Virgin?
(a) She has chosen him to be her white knight.
(b) Mary does not humiliate the sinner who approaches her.
(c) She can order her Son to do her will.
(d) As a mother, she overlooks the sins of her children.
2. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
(a) if he hates boys
(b) if he will have a stroke
(c) if it is a sin
(d) if it means trouble
3. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
(a) about 19
(b) just 14
(c) already 21
(d) only 16
4. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
(a) because he is still running a fever
(b) because his glasses are broken
(c) because he broke his arm
(d) because he was perfect on his exams
5. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(b) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
(c) The rector punishes Stephen again.
(d) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
2. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
3. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
4. What does Stephen seem to hear now that he has changed the course of his life?
5. When the rector enters the classroom, what does the boy behind Stephen want him to do?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)