|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
(a) to Clongowes
(b) to Gallway
(c) to Cork
(d) to Belfast
2. What begins to take on an attractive appearance to Stephen?
(a) the idea of becoming a priest
(b) his face in the mirror
(c) giving in to temptation
(d) having religious discussions
3. What does Stephen feel by allowing sin to creep near to him before resisting it at the last moment?
(a) a sense of power
(b) an intolerable weakness
(c) like playing a joke on the devil
(d) a terrible fear
4. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) unpacking boxes
(b) delivering newspapers
(c) carrying messages
(d) doing laundry
5. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
(a) spit tobacco juice in her eye
(b) showed her his backside
(c) stepped on her toes
(d) slapped her with his gloves
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sermons do for Stephen?
2. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
3. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
4. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
5. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)