|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen discover when he returns home from the director's office?
(a) Uncle Charles has died.
(b) The family is being forced to move again.
(c) His father is in the hospital.
(d) They are all excited about his becoming a priest.
2. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) mixing politics into his sermons
(b) getting drunk on communion wine
(c) molesting children
(d) teaching apostacy
3. What worries Stephen about his devotions?
(a) that no degree of devotion shall ever be enough
(b) that there is not enough time in the day to do them all
(c) that he is not doing them the right way
(d) that he is forgetting some improtant devltions
4. What is Stephen's condition as he leaves the retreat?
(a) Stephen is rebellious against all he had heard.
(b) Stephen is determined to leave the Church.
(c) Stephen is so sick he fears he may have already died.
(d) Stephen is happy that he has overcome his lusts.
5. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) doing laundry
(b) unpacking boxes
(c) carrying messages
(d) delivering newspapers
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen now view his life?
2. After dinner, why does Stephen march out of the house?
3. What keeps him from confessing his unworthiness and walking out of the chapel?
4. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
5. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)