|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) the language teacher
(b) a boy named Fleming
(c) a boy named Wells
(d) the prefect
2. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) His glasses break.
(b) He gets a bloody nose.
(c) He runs away from Clongowes.
(d) He fights back.
3. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
(a) the bad influences of his friends
(b) the wasting fires of lust
(c) the lack of faith
(d) the need to make money
4. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) figures out their meanings
(b) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(c) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
(d) tries to use them in his own conversation
5. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
(a) to play hookey that afternoon
(b) an introduction to Mercedes
(c) money for his lunch
(d) identification of his favorite poet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
2. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
3. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
4. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
5. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)