|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(a) his father
(c) Uncle Charles
2. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
(d) the girl from the tram
3. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Arnall
(b) Father O'Casey
(c) Father Dolan
(d) Father Parnell
4. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) humming softly to himself
(b) putting beans in his ears
(c) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(d) shutting out sound by concentration on home
5. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
(a) They were showing their bottoms to ladies on the street.
(b) They had smuggled a prostitute into the school
(c) They were caught "smugging" in the square with two younger boys.
(d) They were caught peeping into ladies' bedrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
2. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
3. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
4. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
5. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)