|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What public transportation does Stephen take?
(a) market carts
(b) horse drawn trams
(c) new motor buses
(d) shank's mare
2. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his youth and foolish impulses
(b) his lack of ambition
(c) his lack of proper education
(d) his inability to express himself
3. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
(a) religion and business
(b) gambling and drinking
(c) Irish legends and music
(d) mostly of politics and family legends
4. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) the newspaper
(b) The Pickwick Papers
(c) The Count of Monte Cristo
(d) comic books
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(b) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(c) putting beans in his ears
(d) humming softly to himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
2. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
3. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
4. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
5. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)