|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(d) His mother
2. What is a major theme of the book?
(a) Irish nationalism and Irish identity
(b) Coming of age
(c) Catholicism versus Protestantism
(d) Catholic education versus public education
3. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
4. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
(a) newspaper headlines
(b) the collected poems of Lord Byron
(c) the Canterbury Tales
(d) odes by Keats
5. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) carrying messages
(b) unpacking boxes
(c) delivering newspapers
(d) doing laundry
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stephen's early song?
2. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
3. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
4. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
5. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)