|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(b) He becomes seriously ill.
(c) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
(d) He plans a revenge.
2. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
(a) as a hero
(b) as an enemy
(c) as a tattle tale
(d) as a sneak
3. By summer, where has the family moved?
4. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
(a) slapped her with his gloves
(b) stepped on her toes
(c) showed her his backside
(d) spit tobacco juice in her eye
5. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
(a) They were caught peeping into ladies' bedrooms.
(b) They had smuggled a prostitute into the school
(c) They were showing their bottoms to ladies on the street.
(d) They were caught "smugging" in the square with two younger boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
2. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
3. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
4. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)