|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
(b) Dublin Polytechnic
(d) Byron Academy
2. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(b) putting beans in his ears
(c) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(d) humming softly to himself
3. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
(a) He speaks with a devoutly religious voice.
(b) He speaks mainly from Stephen's mother's point of view.
(c) He speaks largely from Stephen's perspective.
(d) He speaks only as an Irish nationalist.
4. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He drives a new carriage.
(b) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) He has grown too senile.
5. Who is Mike Flynn?
(a) The man who buys Stephen's father's business.
(b) The man Stephen's father works for.
(c) The man Stephen goes to work for.
(d) The man who who supervises Stephen's runs around the track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice is given two of the older boys after the group of runaways is returned to Clongowes?
2. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
3. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
4. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
5. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)