|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He becomes seriously ill.
(b) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(c) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
(d) He plans a revenge.
2. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
(a) mostly of politics and family legends
(b) religion and business
(c) gambling and drinking
(d) Irish legends and music
3. For what does Stephen continually search?
(a) for his friend Aubrey
(b) for his Mercedes
(c) for his fortune
(d) for a job
4. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of cutting classes
(b) his habit of eavesdropping
(c) his habit of writing poems
(d) his habit of obedience
5. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
(a) They are placed in hot water.
(b) They are tied behind his back.
(c) They are pressed against the wall.
(d) They are given whacks with the pandybat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
2. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
3. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
4. What are Stephen's father and the priests always urging him to do?
5. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)