|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
(a) the need to make money
(b) the bad influences of his friends
(c) the lack of faith
(d) the wasting fires of lust
2. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) figures out their meanings
(b) tries to use them in his own conversation
(c) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(d) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
3. Who is Mike Flynn?
(a) The man Stephen's father works for.
(b) The man who who supervises Stephen's runs around the track.
(c) The man who buys Stephen's father's business.
(d) The man Stephen goes to work for.
4. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Dolan
(b) Father O'Casey
(c) Father Arnall
(d) Father Parnell
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(b) humming softly to himself
(c) putting beans in his ears
(d) shutting out sound by concentration on home
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
2. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
3. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
4. What public transportation does Stephen take?
5. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)