|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
(a) to be an imposter
(b) to be an immoral heretic
(c) to be a hack writer
(d) to be a Frenchman
2. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(b) putting beans in his ears
(c) humming softly to himself
(d) shutting out sound by concentration on home
3. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Parnell
(b) Father Dolan
(c) Father O'Casey
(d) Father Arnall
4. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
(a) He takes in everything and understands.
(b) He wonders why adults like to talk so much.
(c) He begins to formulate new political ideas.
(d) He does not understand fully what they talk about.
5. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He sits her in his lap.
(c) He helps her off the tram.
(d) He calls her Mercedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
2. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
3. What job is given to Stephen?
4. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
5. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)