|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(b) He has grown too senile.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) He drives a new carriage.
2. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
(a) They are tied behind his back.
(b) They are pressed against the wall.
(c) They are placed in hot water.
(d) They are given whacks with the pandybat.
3. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
4. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
(a) the Canterbury Tales
(b) newspaper headlines
(c) odes by Keats
(d) the collected poems of Lord Byron
5. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) return to their seats
(c) sit on the floor
(d) stand in the corner
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
2. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
3. What public transportation does Stephen take?
4. By summer, where has the family moved?
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)