|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(b) stream of consciousness
(c) chronological account
(d) metaphor and irony
2. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
(b) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(c) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
(d) The rector punishes Stephen again.
3. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) a team to make money
(b) ways to meet girls
(c) imaginary adventures
(d) a blood brother pact
4. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) molesting children
(b) getting drunk on communion wine
(c) mixing politics into his sermons
(d) teaching apostacy
5. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
(a) if he hates boys
(b) if it is a sin
(c) if he will have a stroke
(d) if it means trouble
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
2. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
3. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
4. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
5. By summer, where has the family moved?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)