|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) comic books
(b) The Pickwick Papers
(c) the newspaper
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo
2. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
3. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
(a) to be an immoral heretic
(b) to be a hack writer
(c) to be a Frenchman
(d) to be an imposter
4. When does Stephen feel happy?
(a) only when he has a sweet to eat
(b) only when he sees the girl from the tram
(c) only when he thinks of Mercedes
(d) only when he is alone
5. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Stephen and Father
(b) Dante and Uncle Charles
(c) Mother and Father
(d) Dante and Mr. Casey
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
2. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
3. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
4. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)