|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
(a) the girl from the tram
(b) his father with a strange woman
(c) Father Arnall
(d) Uncle Charles and Dante
2. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
3. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
(a) to be a Frenchman
(b) to be a hack writer
(c) to be an imposter
(d) to be an immoral heretic
4. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
(a) the need to make money
(b) the wasting fires of lust
(c) the lack of faith
(d) the bad influences of his friends
5. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
3. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
4. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
5. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)