|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He fights back.
(b) He gets a bloody nose.
(c) His glasses break.
(d) He runs away from Clongowes.
2. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) next to the prefect
(b) on the fringes of his line
(c) In the thick of the action
(d) on the bench
3. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) a boy named Wells
(b) the language teacher
(c) the prefect
(d) a boy named Fleming
4. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
(a) gambling and drinking
(b) religion and business
(c) mostly of politics and family legends
(d) Irish legends and music
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mike Flynn?
2. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
3. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
4. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
5. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)