|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
(b) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(c) tries to use them in his own conversation
(d) figures out their meanings
2. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) comic books
(b) the newspaper
(c) The Pickwick Papers
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo
3. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Dante and Uncle Charles
(b) Mother and Father
(c) Stephen and Father
(d) Dante and Mr. Casey
4. What public transportation does Stephen take?
(a) shank's mare
(b) new motor buses
(c) horse drawn trams
(d) market carts
5. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) stream of consciousness
(c) chronological account
(d) metaphor and irony
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
2. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
3. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
4. When does Stephen feel happy?
5. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)