|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(b) return to their seats
(c) sit on the floor
(d) stand in the corner
2. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his youth and foolish impulses
(b) his lack of proper education
(c) his lack of ambition
(d) his inability to express himself
3. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
(a) unjust punishment
(b) Father Dolan interfering in Father Arnall's class
(c) broken blood vessels in his hands
(d) broken fingers
4. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) a job interview
(b) a visit to a clinic
(c) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
(d) the auction of his property
5. By summer, where has the family moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
2. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
3. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
4. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)