|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
(a) to Clongowes
(b) to Gallway
(c) to Belfast
(d) to Cork
2. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) his sister's wedding
(b) his father's heart attack
(c) a relapse of his illness
(d) Christmas holidays
3. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
(b) a job interview
(c) the auction of his property
(d) a visit to a clinic
4. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(b) chronological account
(c) metaphor and irony
(d) stream of consciousness
5. By summer, where has the family moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
2. What choice is given two of the older boys after the group of runaways is returned to Clongowes?
3. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
4. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
5. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)