|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of eavesdropping
(b) his habit of cutting classes
(c) his habit of writing poems
(d) his habit of obedience
2. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) comic books
(b) The Pickwick Papers
(c) The Count of Monte Cristo
(d) the newspaper
3. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) a relapse of his illness
(b) his father's heart attack
(c) Christmas holidays
(d) his sister's wedding
4. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He fights back.
(b) He runs away from Clongowes.
(c) His glasses break.
(d) He gets a bloody nose.
5. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) chronological account
(c) stream of consciousness
(d) metaphor and irony
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
2. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
3. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
4. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
5. When does Stephen feel happy?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)