|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How he would like to kick her.
(b) How much she looks like Mercedes.
(c) How she is too old for him.
(d) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
2. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They drank communion wine.
(b) They went to sea.
(c) They spit in the holy water.
(d) They stole from the collection box.
3. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) unpacking boxes
(b) delivering newspapers
(c) doing laundry
(d) carrying messages
4. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
(a) His father sells the automobile.
(b) He notices slight changes around the house.
(c) His mother takes in laundry.
(d) He does not get new clothes.
5. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
(a) identification of his favorite poet
(b) to play hookey that afternoon
(c) money for his lunch
(d) an introduction to Mercedes
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
2. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
3. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
4. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
5. What was Stephen's early song?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)