|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father O'Casey
(b) Father Dolan
(c) Father Arnall
(d) Father Parnell
2. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He calls her Mercedes.
(c) He sits her in his lap.
(d) He helps her off the tram.
3. Who is Mike Flynn?
(a) The man Stephen's father works for.
(b) The man who buys Stephen's father's business.
(c) The man who who supervises Stephen's runs around the track.
(d) The man Stephen goes to work for.
4. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
(a) They plan to send him to England to study.
(b) From then on he will be home schooled.
(c) His father has converted to Protestantism.
(d) It signifies a change in his father's finances.
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) putting beans in his ears
(b) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(c) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(d) humming softly to himself
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Stephen feel happy?
2. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
3. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
4. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
5. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)