|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He has grown too senile.
(c) He drives a new carriage.
(d) He is ashamed of his clothes.
2. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
(a) the need to make money
(b) the lack of faith
(c) the wasting fires of lust
(d) the bad influences of his friends
3. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
(b) In the Gloaming
(c) Old Dan tucker
(d) The Irish Lullaby
4. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
(a) call the police
(b) visit the rector
(c) run away from the school
(d) put tacks in Father Dolan's chair
5. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) the auction of his property
(b) a job interview
(c) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
(d) a visit to a clinic
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
2. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
3. For what does Stephen continually search?
4. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
5. What choice is given two of the older boys after the group of runaways is returned to Clongowes?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)