|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
(a) Tusker Boyle
(b) the bully Wells
(c) Father Arnall
(d) Father Dolan
2. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
(a) to Gallway
(b) to Belfast
(c) to Clongowes
(d) to Cork
3. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) imaginary adventures
(b) ways to meet girls
(c) a team to make money
(d) a blood brother pact
4. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) the prefect
(b) the language teacher
(c) a boy named Wells
(d) a boy named Fleming
5. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
(d) the girl from the tram
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
2. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
3. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
4. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
5. What comment does Father make that he is admonished not to say in front of Stephen?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)