|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) In the Gloaming
(b) The Irish Lullaby
(c) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
(d) Old Dan tucker
2. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
(a) Father Dolan interfering in Father Arnall's class
(b) broken fingers
(c) broken blood vessels in his hands
(d) unjust punishment
3. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How he would like to kick her.
(b) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
(c) How much she looks like Mercedes.
(d) How she is too old for him.
4. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
5. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He sits her in his lap.
(b) He calls her Mercedes.
(c) He helps her off the tram.
(d) He kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Stephen's father and the priests always urging him to do?
2. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
3. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
4. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
5. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)