|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Stephen and Father
(b) Dante and Mr. Casey
(c) Dante and Uncle Charles
(d) Mother and Father
2. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) his father's heart attack
(b) his sister's wedding
(c) a relapse of his illness
(d) Christmas holidays
3. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) humming softly to himself
(b) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(c) putting beans in his ears
(d) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
4. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
(a) to a small house in Belfast
(b) back into their old home
(c) into less comfortable accommodations in Dublin
(d) to an apartment in London
5. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He drives a new carriage.
(c) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(d) He has grown too senile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
2. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
3. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
4. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
5. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)