|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
2. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that she was going to cry
(b) that she was in a hurry to leave
(c) that she wore too much perfume
(d) that her hat was on backwards
3. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
4. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
(a) Dublin Polytechnic
(c) Byron Academy
5. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
(a) because his glasses are broken
(b) because he is still running a fever
(c) because he broke his arm
(d) because he was perfect on his exams
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
2. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
3. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
4. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
5. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)