|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
(b) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(c) He plans a revenge.
(d) He becomes seriously ill.
2. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) the prefect
(b) the language teacher
(c) a boy named Fleming
(d) a boy named Wells
3. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(b) return to their seats
(c) stand in the corner
(d) sit on the floor
4. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
(a) Father Dolan interfering in Father Arnall's class
(b) unjust punishment
(c) broken fingers
(d) broken blood vessels in his hands
5. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They drank communion wine.
(b) They stole from the collection box.
(c) They went to sea.
(d) They spit in the holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
2. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
3. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
4. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
5. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)