|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
(a) because he is still running a fever
(b) because he broke his arm
(c) because his glasses are broken
(d) because he was perfect on his exams
2. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
(a) as irreligious
(b) as flawless beings
(c) as merciless oppressors
(d) as avenging angels of God
3. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) metaphor and irony
(b) stream of consciousness
(c) chronological account
4. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(c) His mother
5. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He plans a revenge.
(b) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
(c) He becomes seriously ill.
(d) He talks his parents into taking him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
2. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
3. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
4. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
5. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)