|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) In the Gloaming
(b) The Irish Lullaby
(c) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
(d) Old Dan tucker
2. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Dante and Uncle Charles
(b) Mother and Father
(c) Stephen and Father
(d) Dante and Mr. Casey
3. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) In the thick of the action
(b) on the bench
(c) next to the prefect
(d) on the fringes of his line
4. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) mixing politics into his sermons
(b) getting drunk on communion wine
(c) molesting children
(d) teaching apostacy
5. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
(a) a countdown to the holidays
(b) answers to test questions
(c) a photo of Eileen
(d) a letter from his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
2. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
3. What comment does Father make that he is admonished not to say in front of Stephen?
4. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
5. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)