|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
(a) showed her his backside
(b) spit tobacco juice in her eye
(c) stepped on her toes
(d) slapped her with his gloves
2. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
(b) The rector punishes Stephen again.
(c) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(d) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
3. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
(a) run away from the school
(b) call the police
(c) put tacks in Father Dolan's chair
(d) visit the rector
4. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
(a) because he is still running a fever
(b) because his glasses are broken
(c) because he broke his arm
(d) because he was perfect on his exams
5. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
(a) He wonders why adults like to talk so much.
(b) He begins to formulate new political ideas.
(c) He does not understand fully what they talk about.
(d) He takes in everything and understands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
2. What was Stephen's early song?
3. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
4. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
5. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)