|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that her hat was on backwards
(b) that she was going to cry
(c) that she was in a hurry to leave
(d) that she wore too much perfume
2. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) return to their seats
(c) sit on the floor
(d) stand in the corner
3. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
(b) He plans a revenge.
(c) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(d) He becomes seriously ill.
4. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector punishes Stephen again.
(b) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(c) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
(d) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
5. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
(a) broken blood vessels in his hands
(b) unjust punishment
(c) broken fingers
(d) Father Dolan interfering in Father Arnall's class
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
2. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
3. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
4. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
5. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)