|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
(a) large print
(b) funny illustrations
(c) margin notes he wrote
(d) nice sentences
2. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
(a) because his glasses are broken
(b) because he broke his arm
(c) because he is still running a fever
(d) because he was perfect on his exams
3. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) getting drunk on communion wine
(b) teaching apostacy
(c) mixing politics into his sermons
(d) molesting children
4. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
(a) the bully Wells
(b) Father Arnall
(c) Father Dolan
(d) Tusker Boyle
5. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
(a) run away from the school
(b) put tacks in Father Dolan's chair
(c) call the police
(d) visit the rector
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
2. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
3. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
4. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
5. What comment does Father make that he is admonished not to say in front of Stephen?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)