|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
(a) Minnie Cooper
(c) Bentley Ann
2. What happens to Stephen's voice as he gets to his major sin?
(a) It fails him completely.
(b) It becomes stronger.
(c) It is choked with emotion.
(d) It is low and murmuring.
3. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(c) His mother
4. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
(a) funny illustrations
(b) large print
(c) margin notes he wrote
(d) nice sentences
5. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
(a) call the police
(b) run away from the school
(c) visit the rector
(d) put tacks in Father Dolan's chair
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
2. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
3. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
4. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
5. Whose innocence does Stephen remember trampling on?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)